• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Link costume and Mario & Luigi Felynes in Monster Hunter 4 (Nintendo-Capcpom collab)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
lol no

Monster Hunter and basically every Zelda game is leagues ahead of Skywad Sword's terrible combat. You could win every fight by sprinting toward an enemy and flailing your arm and hitting it 5 times before it could react.
lol no

Your hatred is clouding your memory.

Mupod

Called it! Okay, it was obvious, but still.

I'm actually surprised how good the Link set looks. So it looks the same on female hunters? I'll probably play a girl in 4 to change things up, also Kirin armor.

Qurupeke

lol no

Monster Hunter and basically every Zelda game is leagues ahead of Skywad Sword's terrible combat. You could win every fight by sprinting toward an enemy and flailing your arm and hitting it 5 times before it could react.

lol no It wasn't great, but certainly not like that.

Arguing the differences between Zelda and Monster Hunter's combat is pissing in the wind really. It's like saying Monster Hunter's puzzles and dungeons are crap.

dacuk

You guys are seriously under estimating the resource and man hours it takes to allow a third use and promote internal IPs.

This stuff touches all levels of the Nintendo organization, from the development staff, project management staff, legal staff, executive staff, and marketing staff.

All of money and time has been spent on these costumes. I would say easily enough time and money to cover a yearly salary.

You are a master of sarcasm...because that was sarcasm, right????

CTLance

Link costume? Great! Fits the theme. I want it.

About the Mario and Luigi costumes... uh.... frankly, they're ugly as hell. Nightmare-inducing stuff. Ew. I want to de-eye myself for having watched that atrocity.
6dGAeRB.jpg
AAAAAAH

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

DaBoss

Why would one even want MH combat in Zelda? Do you guys even play MH? Zelda consists of pretty much only small monsters and bosses (and sometimes mini-bosses) are the only big monsters and you barely face them. MH combat is insanely fun because you're facing big monsters with A LOT more health than any Zelda boss.

Anteo

Why would one even want MH combat in Zelda? Do you guys even play MH? Zelda consists of pretty much only small monsters and bosses (and sometimes mini-bosses) are the only big monsters and you barely face them. MH combat is insanely fun because you're facing big monsters with A LOT more health than any Zelda boss.

Because I like MH combat and Zelda puzzles

-MB-

lol no

Maybe in Skywad Sword that was the case, but in Skyward Sword you would not get far with such tactics.

Anteo

Did you not read the rest of my sentence to make out why MH combat would be useless in Zelda?

Dont see why we could not just increase the bosses/enemies HP.
I mean yes it would probably go against like 95% of the fanbase, but i would love something like that

Edit: Make it a spinoff in the Imprisioning Wars (not sure if the tri split timeline still consider this to be a thing)
Hunter = Hylian Soldiers

Make some huge replayable dugeons with different paths that are open/closed (this is the weakest part about the idea, could get boring pretty fast)

Add lots of events outside, city/village defense, take/conquer temples and defend them against gigiant beasts. Get them all and unlock a fight with Ganon to push him back to the golden realm.

There, I got a game that would probably sell like shit but I would enjoy the shit out of it.

Fandangox

I mean yes it would probably go against like 95% of the fanbase, but i would love something like that

It would severely mess the pacing of the Zelda games unless Dungeons become second fiddle.

The MH combat its the core mechanic and what the games are about. Its the one and major thing you do in the game, as opposed to just being one mean to an end like in the Zelda games.

Glass Rebel

I don't want 1:1 MH combat in Zelda but rather it'd take some cues from it. Give me a second attack button for combos, add some weight and maybe another weapon class and I'm good.

jwhit28

Edit: Make it a spinoff in the Imprisioning Wars (not sure if the tri split timeline still consider this to be a thing)
Hunter = Hylian Soldiers

Make some huge replayable dugeons with different paths that are open/closed (this is the weakest part about the idea, could get boring pretty fast)

Add lots of events outside, city/village defense, take/conquer temples and defend them against gigiant beasts. Get them all and unlock a fight with Ganon to push him back to the golden realm.

There, I got a game that would probably sell like shit but I would enjoy the shit out of it.

Why even call it Zelda? Put a focus on upgrades, add a choice of weapons and multiplayer then call it Beast Trapper or something like that. They could put some Link Mario and Luigi armor in it. You could probably get Capcom to develop it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's starting to get really annoying how man resources Nintendo is wasting trying to exploit nostalgia when they should be fixing problems like first party output and creating a real account system.

Nope, priority number 1 is mario and zelda costumes for all!

Holy shit, is this for real?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Not understanding the frustration this is generating. Costumes like this are by no means new to the series. Going off hand, the MH series has featured armors that are costumes for Darkstalkers (Frontier), Street Fighter (Frontier), Metal Gear Solid (3rd), Sgt Frog (3U), not including several promotions from magazines like Famitsu. Why not Zelda and Mario?

they also had inyuasha for monster hunter tri wii, which we didnt get :(

It's starting to get really annoying how man resources Nintendo is wasting trying to exploit nostalgia when they should be fixing problems like first party output and creating a real account system.

Nope, priority number 1 is mario and zelda costumes for all!

It's almost like you picked a thread with Nintendo in the title at random and started complaining about something that has nothing to do with the actual topic at hand! Incredible!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Not understanding the frustration this is generating. Costumes like this are by no means new to the series. Going off hand, the MH series has featured armors that are costumes for Darkstalkers (Frontier), Street Fighter (Frontier), Metal Gear Solid (3rd), Sgt Frog (3U), not including several promotions from magazines like Famitsu. Why not Zelda and Mario?

Maybe certain people are unhappy because this symbolizes and enforce the statement that this game is exclusive to Nintendo, and that those people can't play this game because they have no 3DS.

Anura

Maybe certain people are unhappy because this symbolizes and enforce the statement that this game is exclusive to Nintendo, and that those people can't play this game because they have no 3DS.

I hope that's not their reason, it's both petty and childish.

L Thammy

Not seeing much in the way of frustration here. Some people think that the Nintendo costumes are getting tired. And, yeah, how many have they had so far this gen? A whole bunch in Tekken, Link and Samus in Dynasty Warriors, Mario and Luigi in Rayman, now this.

As for Dragonsworne, this has been part of his shtick for a while now. I don't think he's normally quite so silly about it; negativity regarding Nintendo is often well-founded. This is like "Why is Iwata wasting his time on TV when he should be saving his console?" - just a one-off hilarious statement.

Top Bottom