• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet Pre-Order Bonuses (By the gods, what have I become)

Ashhong

Farnack said:
XD awesome!

Hey guys..

Tell me where I can get the preorder special without going through EBrape.

Live in Canada.

wtf is the difference between preordering at eb and walmart? and you could always use amazon.

Zoe

Ashhong said:
wtf is the difference between preordering at eb and walmart? and you could always use amazon.

Er... you haven't been following this thread, have you.

SolidSnakex said:
New trailer, this time it's a WalMart exclusive trailer which means they'll be getting one of those pre order items

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938583/6195864/videoplayerpop?

23iulc1.gif

I noticed in the video that you can fill certain areas with toxic gas (not just apply it to objects, but literally fill an enclosed space with it.

Should be easy enough to add water into this game...I hope they do it for release (probably not, but oh well).

Ashhong

Zoe said:
Er... you haven't been following this thread, have you.

what i meant was, why call hate preordering at EB"rape" and be more than happy to preorder at another store. hes not referring to the bonuses, just the store, which is ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=tobylurio

Theres now more videos from the blog a few pages back.

Including a video of the final boss!

On the 2nd phase of the boss Nox Decious's theme from Stupid Mario Bros start playing (Dont know the name to it) I love that song and I'm so happy its in LBP this means we can use it in the create mode!

Also I am so happy we can create bosses that complicated...just wow...
This game just keeps getting better and better...with these new videos and the pre-order bonusus. Just a few more weeks!

gantz85

Banned
Wow.. I've never felt happier watching a game trailer.. maybe the Mario series.

The music is consistently GODDAMN brilliant for LittleBigPlanet.

vdo

Private Hoffman said:
Should be easy enough to add water into this game...I hope they do it for release (probably not, but oh well).

I went to the videos that WiiRevolution1 just posted above (there is starting to become so much more media for this game it is getting hard to keep track of - still need to look at the IGN ones mentioned before - and each time I'm getting hyped seeing all sorts of little details I hadn't seen before - everyone should check out those videos in WiiRevolution1s post).

Anyway, on the second video (here's a direct link: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=RtIBb7BjFbo), part way in you can hear the player ask about water and it sounds like it is one of the devs responding that they did not get that in (it's hard to make out the full explanation).

Other interesting comments that the dev made were that they had a bunch more levels that they had to take out because they were too easy and users were finding them boring and not enough gameplay. So it is good that the levels will have been tested to be challenging enough (although it would be nice if they allowed the easy levels to be downloaded in the future just to play around with them).

Finally, the dev said that there is one downloadable level they made that looks like it is underwater - it is not really water, but the look of it is supposed to be good and it seemed like the dev really liked it.

WiiRevolution1 said:

On the 2nd phase of the boss Nox Decious's theme from Stupid Mario Bros start playing (Dont know the name to it) I love that song and I'm so happy its in LBP this means we can use it in the create mode!

This game just keeps getting better and better...with these new videos and the pre-order bonusus. Just a few more weeks!

WTF? Sony's going to go apeshit if that really is the games final boss. I'm not going to watch it to find out though.

mr_nothin

Banned
WiiRevolution1 said:

Watch these videos!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
SolidSnakex said:
WTF? Sony's going to go apeshit if that really is the games final boss. I'm not going to watch it to find out though.
I don't think it's quite that big of a deal. Ultimately Sony wants this game to be about what levels community makes, not MM.

mr_nothin

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
It's not really THAT big of a deal and it only shows two of the bosses.
They didnt even defeat it.
Watch it man...

Euphor!a

Banned
I really doubt Sony or MM would allow people to fight against the final boss on what I assume to be demo stations. It is probably just the last boss of the available levels in the demo.

Farnack

Banned
Mr. Spinnington said:
you folks have considered that these downloadable bonuses will most likely be universal codes like "gamestop" and "bestbuy", right?
Bestbuy has these preorder bonuses?

gofreak said:
That is so friggin' cute.

Also, I doubt those 'new' camera angles are playable.. they don't look very playable for starters. I think they're just using them in ads for sackboy close-ups.
Maybe we'll have those camera angles for replays ? :eek:

Farnack

Banned
Chû Totoro said:
No we don't know yet. He just means like it was for Burnout exclusive cars for example...
But maybe BestBuy will have on exclusive content for LBP ?
I'm looking for an alternative to EBlame/Lamestop.

They screwed with me twice on preorders and I need a store with better integrity.

sykoex said:
I don't think it's quite that big of a deal. Ultimately Sony wants this game to be about what levels community makes, not MM.

Even so, I can't imagine is happy about the final boss leaking out months before the games release. They've actually been rather protective of the story mode.

gantz85

Banned
gofreak said:
That is so friggin' cute.

Also, I doubt those 'new' camera angles are playable.. they don't look very playable for starters. I think they're just using them in ads for sackboy close-ups.

Possibly; weird camera angles makes for VERY difficult gameplay.

I think they should use it as an option in replays or whatever though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Re. the videos here..I'm not gonna watch the 'final boss' one since I think it could actually be the final boss :| It looks like in that build that they have a fair amount of the create tools unlocked, so it's possible they had a fully 'played through' game there and someone managed to twist the demonstrator's arm into showing later levels (they certainly seem to have been shown a couple of other new levels at least).

I did watch the others though. This one is nice for clarifying exactly how to make a vechile from scratch. Shows how to use rockets, switches, wheels etc.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5oBDAvIFVg

Also reveals another switch type that hadn't explicitly been talked about before - simply a grab switch which activates when you grab it.

edit - in another of the vids the demonstrator also mentions that some levels that didn't make the cut for the story mode will be available to download - a number of levels were cut for being too easy or whatever, but they'll make them available because some of them look really good.

dejay

Banned
I'm going to try and avoid videos from now on. It's gonna be hard, because I'm addicted as hell, but I want some of the stuff to be fresh when I slide that sweet disk into my furry slot for the first time. Sadly I'll probably be watching another video within 10 minutes from now :D

Chû Totoro said:
Maybe we'll have those camera angles for replays ? :eek:
I'm thinking replays and isn't there a story mode where you can make up stories and share them (like the ad with the sackgirl in the castle)?

Private Hoffman said:
I never knew LBP didn't allow you to traverse three dimensions! OMG
I was just messing with you dude, but a cool thought just struck me. Imagine if you could make the vehicle switch planes - you'd be able to make a section where you had to weave between traffic.

Ashhong

Mr. Spinnington said:
you folks have considered that these downloadable bonuses will most likely be universal codes like "gamestop" and "bestbuy", right?

just like how the vouchers for COD4 maps with the GOTY edition were universal? and the SOCOM beta codes, and the Fable Pub codes...

yup, i bet the LBP code will "most likely" just be "gamestop".

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ashhong said:
just like how the vouchers for COD4 maps with the GOTY edition were universal? and the SOCOM beta codes, and the Fable Pub codes...

yup, i bet the LBP code will "most likely" just be "gamestop".
Don't forget the MGO Beta codes.

Vaandaviii said:
Advertising for this game is going to be MASSIVE, they just covered a building for a couple of geeks rejoice

Sony seems really serious about the marketing for this game. Moreso than i've ever seen them with any other game. This is also the first time from what I can recall that they've ever wanted to push a character as being the "face" of their system like they're trying to do with Sackboy/girl.

jmd494

Awesome, awesome stuff.

I really hope the camera angle thing is the last big reveal. Imagine them giving you the perspective of the ring gauntlet levels in Sonic and Tails on the Genesis (whatever they were called).

You could have triggers in your level that would automatically switch the perspective to make certain platforming sections more doable.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Justin Dailey said:
Awesome, awesome stuff.

I really hope the camera angle thing is the last big reveal. Imagine them giving you the perspective of the ring gauntlet levels in Sonic and Tails on the Genesis (whatever they were called).

You could have triggers in your level that would automatically switch the perspective to make certain platforming sections more doable.

Those angles looked very unhelpful in the contexts shown, I think.. I believe they're purely for dramatic effect for trailers, sackboy close-ups etc.

Some new info, the bolded parts are the questions

We have heard of special “triggers” that detect certain events and deploy an action, such as the breaking of a rope. Could you elaborate on the types of triggers you are including, and how many you plan to include?

We have a set of ‘switches’ that can be wired up to various items;

‘Button’ – This is like the button you might find on a fruit machine – it requires pressure on it to operate it.

‘Two way switch’ – A two position switch – much like a light switch.

‘Three way switch’ A bit like the two way switch , except it has a central position, and will spring back to centre when not being operated.

‘Sensor switch’ This will become active when a Sackperson is close to it (you can alter the range) – this is much like a traditional ‘trigger’ as used in many game.

‘Sticker Switch’ Will become active when a particular sticker is applied on the object it is attached to.

‘Grab Switch’ Detects that a sackperson is grabbing the object the switch is stuck too.

‘Magnetic Key & Magnetic Switch’ – a bit like the sensor switch, except instead of detecting Sack persons, it detects color matched keys – very very handy…

These are all base level items, and can be combined and used in very cunning ways……to make very different types of games from what you might expect LBP to currently be….

Is water still planned for the game game? If so, were you planning to release it via DLC or in the final build?

By water, I assume you mean ‘real water’ that acts like real water does! – This isn’t in the initial release, but we have some cool ideas for how to integrate it into a possible future DLC – of course, it will have a slight LBP twist to it…..

Are there any weather effects, such as rain or fog?

There is fog that you can tweak, and you could pretty easily fake a thunderstorm with the right sound effect objects and some ‘emitted’ rain drops or something.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/exclusive-interview-with-littlebigplanet-co-creator-mark-healey/

SolidSnakex said:
uh...

It represents your local save space (hard drive). There are about 100 slots for to experiment in. There is a limit to what you can upload – but it will be possible to earn more….

You can only create 100 levels? And theres a limit on uploading? WHAT?! I wanted to create WAY more than that (Without having to delete them) and I wanted to keep ALL of my levels online without deleting them...you better be able to buy more online storage!

WiiRevolution1 said:
You can only create 100 levels? And theres a limit on uploading? WHAT?! I wanted to create WAY more than that (Without having to delete them) and I wanted to keep ALL of my levels online without deleting them...you better be able to buy more online storage!

They're doing that to prevent people from just throwing a bunch of shit together and clogging up the servers. It's not like 100 levels is exactly a small level anyway. From what they've said if you do a good job then they'll give you even more space.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
SolidSnakex said:

Very good info. I'm glad someone's asking for more in-depth info on things like switches. I think the significance of the switches is huge, especially like he says for doing things you might not expect from LBP initially.

Also, I thought the bit about level keys was useful - though it might seem obvious, I'm glad they've confirmed that you can lock levels so that you force players to progress through levels in a certain order. That opens up all that multi-level hidden areas, bonus things, 'inside areas' etc. that I was thinking of in the LBP ideas thread.

Another thing he touches on that I think is going a little under-recognised is the significance of the blueprinting system. For people who are familiar with software engineering, it's like object orientation, but for LBP :p The ability to build with and on top of other people's creations as if they were a black box, not needing to know their inner workings. It may seem like a subtle thing, but that'll prove to be so so useful, and so powerful over time.

SolidSnakex said:
They're doing that to prevent people from just throwing a bunch of shit together and clogging up the servers. It's not like 100 levels is exactly a small level anyway. From what they've said if you do a good job then they'll give you even more space.

i was reading online awhile back on random sites and some people were bitching at the fact some people will have more space :lol and they talk about it's not fair. :lol

Top Bottom