• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet Pre-Order Bonuses (By the gods, what have I become)

dejay

Banned
I'm a little dismayed that sackboy is becoming the new hope/mascot for Sony fanboys. I know there are a lot of genuine fans, but there's also a lot of dickheads spreading the word on this just so they can feel good about the console of their choice.

SolidSnakex said:
They're doing that to prevent people from just throwing a bunch of shit together and clogging up the servers. It's not like 100 levels is exactly a small level anyway. From what they've said if you do a good job then they'll give you even more space.

100 levels is a bit small for your own HDD. Christ, I upgraded to a 160 GB drive to avoid limitations like that. If you're making a serious level you'd probably want at least 10 levels to experiment/prototype in. Hopefully you'll be able to save the objects you make seperately.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
dejay said:
I'm a little dismayed that sackboy is becoming the new hope/mascot for Sony fanboys. I know there are a lot of genuine fans, but there's also a lot of dickheads spreading the word on this just so they can feel good about the console of their choice.

100 levels is a bit small for your own HDD. Christ, I upgraded to a 160 GB drive to avoid limitations like that. If you're making a serious level you'd probably want at least 10 levels to experiment/prototype in. Hopefully you'll be able to save the objects you make seperately.

Objects are independent from levels, I think. You can add them to your 'inventory'/popit.

dejay said:

Very few people are ever going to make 100 levels in this game, and not for a long time. By then, more space will be given to those that use it.

Loudninja

What the hell?

traveler

Not Wario
100 levels is fine for me. If I end up with even 10 quality levels, I'll be extremely impressed with myself. To be honest, I'm no longer worried about ANY part of the creation aspect of the game (aside from the fact we have to unlock the different pieces to build with- I'm not a fan of that, but I'll be playing the SP anyway so it's no biggie) at all.

The only thing I'm waiting on reviews and the like for is the feel. I still want to know how tactile it is, how well it responds, etc. The thing that defines Mario, the most critically acclaimed platformer series, more than anything else (level design included) is its sense of inertia and control. Without that part nailed down, you can have all the clever levels in the world and still only amount to a B-level game at best.

tfur

WiiRevolution1 said:
uh...

You can only create 100 levels? And theres a limit on uploading? WHAT?! I wanted to create WAY more than that (Without having to delete them) and I wanted to keep ALL of my levels online without deleting them...you better be able to buy more online storage!

I would consider this just a frame work. You have to start somewhere with finite a design.

I would not be surprised at all if it evolves like the gmail storage system, and periodic incremental space increases.

It is not as though this would be something that could not grow over time as needed.

BobTheFork said:
Very few people are ever going to make 100 levels in this game, and not for a long time. By then, more space will be given to those that use it.
yea 100 Levels is alot at 1st but the upload limit is probally smaller...all I'm saying is that we better be able to buy more space. I'm gonna put out 1-5 levels weekly (like the PS Store. Once a week) aswell as full games using LBP and I dont want to have to delete my old content (Atleast old content thats already uploaded) to make room for new levels.

I just hope they allow us to buy more space or or something like that...

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
dejay said:
wut>??? Hes becoming a mascot because hes incredible cute and hes on a game most people in the industry are raving about. Hes currently the most lovalable SONY character, you rather a chimera be the mascot?

WiiRevolution1 said:
yea 100 Levels is alot at 1st but the upload limit is probally smaller...all I'm saying is that we better be able to buy more space. I'm gonna put out 1-5 levels weekly (like the PS Store. Once a week) aswell as full games using LBP and I dont want to have to delete my old content (Atleast old content thats already uploaded) to make room for new levels.

I just hope they allow us to buy more space or or something like that...
Quality over quantity ;P

dejay

Banned
PistolGrip said:
wut>??? Hes becoming a mascot because hes incredible cute and hes on a game most people in the industry are raving about. Hes currently the most lovalable SONY character, you rather a chimera be the mascot?

Quality over quantity ;P

Believe me, I'm not trying to put sackboy down, as probably he's my number one character of all time. I just hate seeing things like that being used in system wars by people who ordinarily wouldn't give a shit about it.

DMPrince said:
Can you build levels together online? Or just play them? If you can build them, who saves/uploads the level?

It all seems very strange to me.

Me and some friends have been planning some levels for awhile now, though, so I really hope we'll be able to work on them via the internet.

makingmusic476 said:
Can you build levels together online? Or just play them? If you can build them, who saves/uploads the level?

Me and some friends have been planning some levels for awhile now, though, so I really hope we'll be able to work on them via the internet.

both :lol

i'm unsure who gets to save/upload. but i'm sure everyone can save but uploading may be by the host

makingmusic476 said:

Yes you can build levels together online. I don't think they've explained how the saving will work when that happens though.

makingmusic476 said:

you can co-op build. I would think the host saves the level, but maybe everyone can, and if its published all the names will appear on it.

Evander

"industry expert"
Chû Totoro said:
No we don't know yet. He just means like it was for Burnout exclusive cars for example...
But maybe BestBuy will have on exclusive content for LBP ?

I'm kind of expecting BestBuy and CircuitCity to be two of the unanounced three. I'm not sure who the third would be.

I don't really care as long as whoever has the LBPouch has locations in my area.

dejay

Banned
Listening to some podcast the other day (I think it was 1up yours) they mentioned that only the "host" gets control of the undo feature. I'm not sure if this extends to saving.

Insane Metal said:
I´m gonna have to buy a PS3 just for this game!

I did - 5 months ago.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Evander said:
I'm kind of expecting BestBuy and CircuitCity to be two of the unanounced three. I'm not sure who the third would be.

I don't really care as long as whoever has the LBPouch has locations in my area.
Walmart is the last one, they got a exclusive video just like Amazon.

Killthee said:
Walmart is the last one, they got a exclusive video just like Amazon.

brady mini guide, LBPouch, Kratos DLC, and Nariko DLC

Amazon is guide,
gamestop got Kratos
Walmart we haven't found out what they are getting.

It's still up in the air. [unless they announced what walmart is getting]

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DMPrince said:
brady mini guide, LBPouch, Kratos DLC, and Nariko DLC

Amazon is guide,
gamestop got Kratos
Walmart we haven't found out what they are getting.

It's still up in the air. [unless they announced what walmart is getting]
You forgot the stickerbook.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
SolidSnakex said:
Yes you can build levels together online. I don't think they've explained how the saving will work when that happens though.

It depends who invites who onto their moon to build. Or more simply, who the moon you're on belongs to. They're in charge of all that stuff. There may be a system for doling out credit to people based on their contributions though, not sure on that..

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jinfash said:
voice is fully supported for online during the level/editing?

I'm sure. They even lip-synch the sackboys.

edit - also, really jealous of Captain N's avatar..so awesome!

K, so I stole the basic premise of this from another forum, but wouldn't it be cool if Sony included a sackboy at the end of every commercial for their games?

For example, at the end of a MotorStorm 2 commercial, they could have the Evel Knievel sackboy riding a LBP car around the PlayStation 3 logo. Or at the end of the Killzone 2 commercials, they could have the Helghast sackboy standing by the logo. And when the God of War III commercials start airing, have Kratos smacking stuff around.

Maybe they could do exclusive marketing deals with third parties as well. Imagine an RE5 commercial with a zombie sackboy (whose arms are sticking straight out) meandering about at the end, and then a Chris sackboy that walks out and smacks the zombie sackboy across the screen. :lol

makingmusic476 said:
K, so I stole the basic premise of this from another forum, but wouldn't it be cool if Sony included a sackboy at the end of every commercial for their games?

For example, at the end of a MotorStorm 2 commercial, they could have the Evel Knievel sackboy riding a LBP car around the PlayStation 3 logo. Or at the end of the Killzone 2 commercials, they could have the Helghast sackboy standing by the logo. And when the God of War III commercials start airing, have Kratos smacking stuff around.

Maybe they could do exclusive marketing deals with third parties as well. Imagine an RE5 commercial with a zombie sackboy (whose arms are sticking straight out) meandering about at the end, and then a Chris sackboy that walks out and smacks the zombie sackboy across the screen. :lol

That's a great idea, IMHO.

GodofWine

makingmusic476 said:

Great Idea...now sony just needs to advertise!!! I never see commercials for anything...and when I do see something like a Madden commercial..it ends with the big Xbox live logo (then I scream - "BUY SOME TIME SONY" ....I have an MBA in marketing and it kills me...just kills me...)

Firewire

Banned
Just came across this on the web, some LBP love at Leipzig!

littlebigplanet-5-marked.jpg

Evander

"industry expert"
DMPrince said:
oh. :lol

i wonder if they'll just lump the book with pouch or just give it out with every game.

they made it sound like the sticker book is an entire seperate item.

which means we're looking at five different retailers (my guess for the two unknown is still BestBuy and CircuitCity, although Target is another potential contender.)

jorma

is now taking requests
Firewire said:
Just came across this on the web, some LBP love at Leipzig!

There is some serious arm-pinching going on at Media Molecule at the moment, me thinks =)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Evander said:
they made it sound like the sticker book is an entire seperate item.

which means we're looking at five different retailers (my guess for the two unknown is still BestBuy and CircuitCity, although Target is another potential contender.)

Target is definitely one of them. They always have an item or other, like the system skins for GTA4.

Top Bottom