• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet Pre-Order Bonuses (By the gods, what have I become)

Evander said:
it's the mouth. it stretches too dar down the face, and it has no tounge.

also, the material looks too "clean".
The material just looks cheap and very stiff. Not near as cute and cuddly as an actual knit sackboy.

Farnack

Banned
Damnit. I really don't want to give EBgames my business.

If they don't tell me my alternatives for Canadian preorders, I probably will have to.

n1n9tean

Banned
makingmusic476 said:
Are these the Sackboys they'll be selling?

2784696069_03a91b087f.jpg

Not near as cute as those made by that MM dev's mom.

Looks more like a little brown Barney.

Xater

Evander said:
Do we know for sure that there are seperate europe and American situations, and that this isn't five items across the globe?

I doubt Gamestop will get anything. I don't even know if it exists in every country.

For Germany Amazon and Saturn/Media Markt are pretty much only big options.

GQman2121

Banned
There were over five Game Crazy stores in Baltimore a year ago, now there are none; they've all shut down. The closes one is out in the county now.......

This is going to be a headache.

Quaz51

Quaz51 said:
apparently mine can excavate or destruct some material. when the mine explode , a circular boolean subtraction is apply to the environment like with shape modeling in creator mode, only some type of material is affected

LBPmine.gif

Evander

"industry expert"
GQman2121 said:
There were over five Game Crazy stores in Baltimore a year ago, now there are none; they've all shut down. The closes one is out in the county now.......

This is going to be a headache.

There's one down in wheaton that, depending on where in baltimore you are, might only be about a half an hour away.

Evander

"industry expert"
Xater said:
I doubt Gamestop will get anything. I don't even know if it exists in every country.

For Germany Amazon and Saturn/Media Markt are pretty much only big options.

As I said before, do we know that they are rolling these five items out seperately in different regions, or is it just five items across the world?

So far, the only thing that they've announced outside of America is something that hasn't been announced in America. It may be that the four retailers we already know of have GLOBAL exclusivity to those items. I hope not, because it would make this whole thing even more annoying, but have we heard anything to suggest otherwise?

I think that they'll manage to have quite the same schema for each country.
Like here in France I guess we'll have : Fnac, Amazon, GAME and Micromania (Each one will have whether the Pouch, the guide, the Nariko outfit or the Kratos outfit)

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Got my code today. I would have gotten away with a whole stack of them if another Gamestop employee didn't notice the other's mistake. :lol

womfalcs3

Banned
Since I'm going to use my own customized sackboy, I went ahead and pre-ordered from Amazon as it'll be the most convenient. I'll take the guide. They say I'll receive instructions after the game is release for how to obtain a copy of it.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
womfalcs3 said:
Since I'm going to use my own customized sackboy, I went ahead and pre-ordered from Amazon as it'll be the most convenient. I'll take the guide. They say I'll receive instructions after the game is release for how to obtain a copy of it.

You can mix and match the parts from Nariko and Kratos with the other accessories. The guide you could find online before its out probably.

womfalcs3

Banned
superbank said:
You can mix and match the parts from Nariko and Kratos with the other accessories. The guide you could find online before its out probably.

I really wanted the pouch or the sticker book. :(

The last thing I want are the in-game costumes. For one thing I'm not a fan of the characters, and secondly I'll use my own customized sackboy exclusively. I don't want any part of those costumes.

Teknoman

Has there been any definitive information on how you can set music for your stages? Will it be from presets, created, or what?

Dever

Banned
Teknoman said:
Has there been any definitive information on how you can set music for your stages? Will it be from presets, created, or what?

Afaik pre-set tracks that you can edit in multiple ways, such as completely removing an entire instrument etc

I know someone at the local EB and will be able to get two Kratos codes. Will I be able to trade one for a Nariko when it's available or are these outfits region specific??

Teknoman

Dever said:
Afaik pre-set tracks that you can edit in multiple ways, such as completely removing an entire instrument etc

So in that case I could make a stage with a track that builds up as the platforming becomes more hectic? I remember seeing instrument triggers in earlier videos, but wasnt sure if you could do so without triggers (just in case someone accidently jumps over the spot that triggers it).

By the way, anyone intending to recreate some classic stages with some LBP twists:
www.vgmaps.com

Probably old, but I just found the site and figured it would be helpful to some.

Teknoman

After looking at the E3 Boss video...basically with a decent understanding of LBP's mechanics, looks like i'd be able to make some Contra esque walker bosses and stages. Too bad you cant make a boss battle that plays out like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI3VEiHsBok&feature=related

Or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycGaC42qFh0&feature=related

This one seems possible though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcHqJ3KbCDQ&feature=related

EDIT: Can the Sackboys & girls pick up objects and throw them? Or just hang onto different objects and jump? Sorry for all the sudden questions :lol but i've been out of the loop on the game/trying to limit my knowledge as well.

roMonster

Teknoman said:
After looking at the E3 Boss video...basically with a decent understanding of LBP's mechanics, looks like i'd be able to make some Contra esque walker bosses and stages. Too bad you cant make a boss battle that plays out like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI3VEiHsBok&feature=related

Or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycGaC42qFh0&feature=related

This one seems possible though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcHqJ3KbCDQ&feature=related

EDIT: Can the Sackboys & girls pick up objects and throw them? Or just hang onto different objects and jump?

Maybe they can slap objects (or each other) into the 'enemies'.

DMPrince said:
what about items that you don't copyright and then others just take it and copyright it themselves though?

Then it's their copyright. In other words, copyright everything you make so others don't get credit for it.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
BlacKMaRK said:
dono if this has been posted
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=225520
LBP "copyright" system explained.

btw, any word on those LBP moving sign that are supposed to be popping up soon??
Holy shit! The full interview in that link was amazing! The community features are so much more indepth and intuitive than I thought they would be:

The final element I'll mention, which is my favourite personally, is that there's an in-game tool for taking photos - screenshots. You can frame what you want to take, like framing your face and taking a big close-up. Originally, that was used for making stickers in-game, so you could arrange a family portrait in the game - full of Sack Boys and Girls - and frame it.

What's awesome is that, like Facebook, we know who is logged in under what PSN ID, and we know what level the photo was taken in. Within the LittleBigPlanet universe, we geotag the photo with where you were at the time - and we put Facebook-style clickable links to everyone in the picture! You get a feed of photos, so every level has a photo feed, and every player has a photo feed.

You could be browsing around the community and suddenly see, er, Bob. Okay, he sounds cool, let's click on Bob. Then you see a feed of levels he's played, find one that looks awesome... Who's he playing with? Oh, he's playing with Jamie, who's got this awesome costume on... So, there's a social way of linking and browsing the content, which is totally based on tracking people as much as levels, through these photo feeds.

We're even going to push those feeds out onto the web, so if you've got a blog, you could create a sidebar with a feed of people who are playing your levels, or levels you've recently played.

Eurogamer: Are you pushing that data out just as standard RSS?

Alex Evans: RSS, yeah. It's awesome!
Community features that extend past the game itself? That whole side of things really does seem pretty inviting, like it's going to be second nature. I think even the oh-so-elusive "casuals" might get into that.

Evander

"industry expert"
SolidSnakex said:
Then it's their copyright. In other words, copyright everything you make so others don't get credit for it.

I hope there are more levels of it. I'd prefer to have a more open thing where my name is attributed to the item, and they can still share it with anyone, and then if they change it some how, they're free to slap their name on it instead.

I don't mind some one else building off of something that I've done, I just don't want some one else taking credit for my exact work.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Other people can use your copyrighted object as a component of their own (i.e. 'modify it' by adding to it, as opposed to modifying its internal workings). I think, the copyright means they can't break it apart though..AFAIK..and also, I suppose, that they can't share their component that uses yours with other people.

Slaylock

So:

LittleBigStickerBook = Circuit City
LittleBigPlanet Creator miniguide = Amazon.com
LittleBigPouch = GameCrazy
Kratos SackBoy = GameStop
Nariko SackGirl = ?

I would think Nariko would be the BestBuy exclusive.

Top Bottom