• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw remake's Juliet Starling revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

Dragami Games has revealed the new character model for Juliet Starling in the upcoming Lollipop Chainsaw remake, giving us our first look at the unchanged but smoother-featured cheerleader.

Did you forget that Dragami Games is working on the remake of 2012's absolutely fantastic Lollipop Chainsaw? Well, the developer has been pretty quiet about it recently but did give us a look at Juliet via a new year's post, showing a more refined character, fitting of a game launching more than a decade after the original.

Lollipop Chainsaw remake's Juliet Starling looks ready for a new generation:

Flv8nVjWQAAbBAp

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Dragami Games has revealed the new character model for Juliet Starling in the upcoming Lollipop Chainsaw remake, giving us our first look at the unchanged but smoother-featured cheerleader.

Flv8nVjWQAAbBAp
Which one looks smoother? they both look the same. just the one left was under the sun a little more than she should.

mortal

Gold Member
They made her look Japanese.

I've noticed a lot of Japanese character artists do this with westerner characters. Sometimes subconsciously and sometimes it's probably done intentionally to appeal more to Japanese beauty standards.
Square Enix character models are the biggest examples of white characters with noticeably Japanese facial features that come to mind.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Joke post?
Yeah they did something to the face, pointier chin, less mascara, no shadowing or highlights on the face so it look flat or matte
But it looks photo shopped....and not in a good way.

Fuck me the one on the right is the UPDATED model? It looks worse.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Great.

Its the same model.
She looks horrible now.
From hot ameriburguer cheerleader to korean plastic face cheerleader

Look at the eyes, the old model looks more serene and relaxed, and the eyes look alive.
The new model looks like a lifeless doll.

Also, the shading is just off, just look at the chins and cheekbones. All flat shading, it doesn't even look like she has bones and meat there.
Look at those big and fatty chins

dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-gettyimages-624731366_masterjpg.jpg

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
She looks horrible now.

Look at the eyes, the old model looks more serene and relaxed, and the eyes look alive.

Also, the shading is just off, just look at the chins and cheekbones. All flat shading, it doesn't even look like she has bones and meat there.

It's true, I saw the image from my cell phone...

NICE PIC :messenger_ok:

EqM2rTRXAAEZ821
:pie_sfwth:

bitbydeath

She looks horrible now.

The one on the right is the new one, the bad eyes one is the old version.

badblue

Did you forget that Dragami Games is working on the remake of 2012's absolutely fantastic Lollipop Chainsaw? Well, the developer has been pretty quiet about it recently but did give us a look at Juliet via a new year's post, showing a more refined character, fitting of a game launching more than a decade after the original.

Lollipop Chainsaw remake's Juliet Starling looks ready for a new generation:

Flv8nVjWQAAbBAp
In this day and age I was expecting
iu

I gave the new picture a thumbs up because I’m surprised so far they didn’t try to censor or even modify her for “modern audiences”…..yet. We’ll see what happens.

Filben

Only good if the in game model has the exact same quality! I don't want a dumbed down version of this in the game.

John Bilbo

Looks good to me. I hope they don't mute the color palette too much though. And if possible touch up the gameplay to make it as smooth to play as sensible without altering the original vision.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Old one is better. New one has a lifeless doll face and is less round and more triangular, the skin is lighter and her hair somehow has lost that lovely blonde contrast(lighter hue). If that's all that is changing in the model then great but the original as per usual is still superior.

Spaceman292

Banned
They made her look Japanese.

I've noticed a lot of Japanese character artists do this with westerner characters. Sometimes subconsciously and sometimes it's probably done intentionally to appeal more to Japanese beauty standards.
Square Enix character models are the biggest examples of white characters with noticeably Japanese facial features that come to mind.
She looks like a Final Fantasy character now. Why do the japanese love razor sharp chins so much? She could cut glass with her face.

Top Bottom