• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw remaster will feature revamped combat

Draugoth

Gold Member

Earlier this month, Dragami Games revealed that the upcoming Lollipop Chainsaw game is no longer a remake, and instead will be a remaster closer to the original game. Now, the developer says that it's looking to remove the "sluggish feel of chainsaw battles" by updating some of Juliet's abilities.

In a post on X, Lollipop Chainsaw RePop game designer Yoshima Yasuda said, "RePOP's battles will be improved to be more enjoyable for current action game users." Some of Dragami Game's focus points include "changes in speed to eliminate the sluggish feel of chainsaw battles and improvements to input reception timing for Cheer Attack and Chainsaw Attack combos."

lollipop-chainsaw-remaster-smoother-combat.jpg

Neon Xenon

While I haven't personally experienced the original Lollipop Chainsaw (yet), the combat did look like it had its own "weight", from watching gameplay footage.
I'm interested to see what gets done with the combat to speed it up.

KiteGr

The combat was a bit stiff. I would love a new combat as long as the pantishots are still there.

radewagon

I could do for better combat. The original was pretty clunky in a typical Suda-jank sort of way. I still thought it was fun once you got used to it, though, so I hope they don't ruin the game by fixing the combat but then forgetting to rebalance the enemy AI (or some other bone-headed mistake).

Also, I can't imagine them trying to tone down the sexualization in the game. It's one of those things where it's so over the top that it's kind of the point. If one were to try and reduce it, it would actually make it more sexualized. Like in the R-rated cut of Robocop where by cutting out a few seconds of gratuitous violence, they took away the level absurdity in the violence and conversely made it more brutal.

Really hoping this game gets the love it needs. It was a day one purchase for me back in the day.

Sorcerer

I thought they just claimed it was a re-master not a re-make? Something different every couple of months. I suspect this is going into development Hell never to see the light of day.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Guys the very first thing they affirmed, multiple times, was that there would be absolutely no censorship since that was far and away the biggest request from fans. I don't think you need to worry about such things from a small team in Japan.

Top Bottom