• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw remake's Juliet Starling revealed

Joke post?
Yeah they did something to the face, pointier chin, less mascara, no shadowing or highlights on the face so it look flat or matte
But it looks photo shopped....and not in a good way.
Looks more anime-y. Probably trying to sell more in Japan.

Raonak

Banned
... How old is she meant to be in game? Cause she looks younger than the original

Last edited:

KiteGr

Looks like a joke post, even if it's done by the devs.
A way to say: "NOT tweaked for modern audiences."

Jennings

... How old is she meant to be in game? Cause she looks younger than the original
I think the original game starts on the night of her 18th birthday.

Just checked Wikipedia, and yea it's starts when she hits 18.

On Juliet Starling's 18th birthday, she goes to the front park of San Romero High School to meet her boyfriend Nick Carlyle, who is going to meet her family for the first time. Unfortunately, a zombie outbreak has occurred, which leads to Juliet fighting them off on her way to meet Nick. When she arrives, Nick is bitten in her place to protect her from a zombie. To prevent him from turning, Juliet decapitates him.

Last edited:

Killer8

Just a quick reminder for the folks saying it's the same picture, it looks cheap, it's bad..

kcgu0kN.jpg

Just be happy it's pretty much the same. Because it could be far more worse and ideological to 'current trends'

Which are fucking dogshit.

Guarantee the game is still botched. 'Current trends' have given just enough leeway to allow some T&A in gaming again (see: Resident Evil Village, Stellar Blade), so Juliet might go unchanged but the writing, soundtrack and Jimmy Urine's presence absolutely will be.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
One on the left looks manly like she belongs in Returnal.
Jesus, look at the picture of the cheerleaders.

A woman can have a bigger chin while still looking feminine. A bigger jaw will make her look more manly though.

PJX

Jesus, look at the picture of the cheerleaders.

A woman can have a bigger chin while still looking feminine. A bigger jaw will make her look more manly though.
Why you triggered over my reply? If you think she looks feminine in the left picture that's cool for you. IMO when comparing both pictures the left looks more manly.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Why you triggered over my reply? If you think she looks feminine in the left picture that's cool for you. IMO when comparing both pictures the left looks more manly.
Uh, no one's "triggered", honey.

The right one doesn't even look human. If you're into that stuff, more power for you, yay!

PJX

Uh, no one's "triggered", honey.

The right one doesn't even look human. If you're into that stuff, more power for you, yay!
First of all don't call me honey, I'm not a female. Secondly it's an anime style game. If you want manly looking women, go play Last of Us, Returnal or those other western games.

PJX

Whoa, hold up. I'm currently running through Returnal and by god is it good. Selene may look like the back of a bus but hot damn, that game is lit

Yo.
Whoa, hold up ...where did I say the game wasn't good? We are talking about the female character design here, not the quality of the game

Yo

AlphaMale

Glad to see that Japanese developers don't give a shit about trying please everyone. They just need to please the ppl who pay and play the games.

Dr.Morris79

Whoa, hold up ...where did I say the game wasn't good? We are talking about the female character design here, not the quality of the game

Yo
Hey, yo, I hear you dog. Maybe I jumped the gun but dont you go dissin my crazy space lady

Ya hear.

On a side note, fuck this game. Two hours I sunk into this run. I just need to know!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Just a quick reminder for the folks saying it's the same picture, it looks cheap, it's bad..

kcgu0kN.jpg

Just be happy it's pretty much the same. Because it could be far more worse and ideological to 'current trends'

Hey now. She's 79 years old.

FeralEcho

kcgu0kN.jpg

Thats a 38 year old woman btw...38 Years.My mother at 60 looks less wrinkled no joke.Fuck Motive and EA for what they did to Nicole.

So far its looking good for Juliet but woketards haven't cried on Twitter about it yet so we'll see If it remains the same or they will be spineless cowards and uglify her.

Last edited:

Impotaku

While eveyones focusing on the looks while i'm here just praying they keeep all the original music in it if i can't rainbow sparkle zombie heads along to hey mickey i'm gonna kill someone. In fact add you spin me right round as you mow down waves of zombies on a combine harvester the game had me laughing my ass off through the entore thing.

FeralEcho

The actress Jane Perry is 55 years old now. I guess when the game was made she was 51-52.

She's not 38.
Nicole Brennan is supposed to be 38 years old in the game.I couldn't give less of a shit what her voice actress' age is,she could be 100 for all i care,just model the damn character she's playing in a way that makes sense for the game's story. Imagine If artists actually did their job and design something that makes sense instead of copy pasting the actor's likeness just cuz they are doing mo-cap anyway.

Should Ellie have looked 30 Something when she was played by Ashley Johnson in The Last of Us just cuz the actor playing her wasn't an actual 14 year old? By Motive's standards apparently she should've.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Nicole Brennan is supposed to be 38 years old in the game.I couldn't give less of a shit what her voice actress' age is,she could be 100 for all i care,just model the damn character she's playing in a way that makes sense for the game's story. Imagine If artists actually did their job and design something that makes sense instead of copy pasting the actor's likeness just cuz they are doing mo-cap anyway.

Should Ellie have looked 30 Something when she was played by Ashley Johnson in The Last of Us just cuz the actor playing her wasn't an actual 14 year old? By Motive's standards apparently she should've.
Sorry I thought that image was from Returnal, not Dead Space Remake.

Top Bottom