• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for a new PC monitor (VA preferred)

Skittles

So after having the Asus VH236H for 4 years and Graduate school making me realize the importance of 2 screens (esp for grading). I've decided to finally jump in and get some dual screens going to speed up my work. I haven't upgraded my PC in over 4 years so i'm not looking for anything crazy (still rocking an i7 875k and 670). As this is mostly going to be for reading and watching shows. So after some digging I found that VA panels are the best for that due to their colors. It's also going to function as an intermediate monitor for gaming until I upgrade my PC and grab a monitor with Gsync(and subsequently get rid of the Asus).

-budget is roughly $200-300
-nothing bigger than 27"
-less than 8ms response time
-VA panel preferred
-Compatible with a mount like this

Currently looking at this: BenQ GW2760HS
but is there anything better? Or something on the horizon to look out for?

edit: An IPS works too, I had planned to get an IPS as a second monitor for media viewing and use a VA panel as the primary gaming monitor.

Piano

Banned
I had similar preferences / needs when I was shopping around for a new monitor a couple of years ago (I ended up not upgrading at all). VA panels seemed pretty hard to find, and I wasn't able to find a VA monitor with an adjustable, decent quality stand other than really high end gaming stuff.

Skittles

I had similar preferences / needs when I was shopping around for a new monitor a couple of years ago (I ended up not upgrading at all). VA panels seemed pretty hard to find, and I wasn't able to find a VA monitor with an adjustable, decent quality stand other than really high end gaming stuff.
The amount of quality VA panels seems to have increased. I just haven't looked at monitors that much since I got mine 4 years ago.

Top Bottom