• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Metal Slug Anthologu is pPS2 after all!

MoxManiac

So says the backpage ad in an issue of Tips and Tricks. Including MS6!

Yay!

If this is old, you can all kiss my grits.

jvalioli

_dementia said:
yay no Wii waggle gimmicks

yay no crap PSP diagonals
The Wii version supports classic controls...

The high userbase of the pPS2 should help this game a lot. I was a little shocked when I found out that this was only coming to Wii and PSP when it was announced.

_dementia said:

AdamBot said:
To my absolute and utter surprise and amazement, the SNK booth had two kiosks with fully playable near-final builds of Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii. It completely rocks. I checked out the options and there are like 6 or 7 different control schemes. You can play with the nunchuck attached using the analog stick (lefty or righty), in this mode you "throw" the Wiimote forward to throw grenades, which is kinda cool because you can hold down the fire button (B) while you chuck so you don't lose your stream of bullets for longer than you have to, it only takes a very slight movement). You can hold the controller sideways, NES style... but in this mode I couldn't figure out how to throw grenades. There are also control scheme options for VC controller and GameCube controller as well. Very cool! I had to check out Metal Slug 6 since it was only released in Japanese arcades, it's freaking great. It looks better than any previous version graphically. Less pixellated. It has a zoom-in/zoom-out effect sometimes too... like in Alien Hominid, which was not in any previous incarnation of Metal Slug, to my knowledge. The backgrounds were gorgeously animated and there was a new 'Laser' weapon which shoots a constant straight beam and extremely powerful. (Cool note: the first time I tried to load up Metal Slug 6 it froze up so the guy had to open up the black box that contained the Wii... turns out it was the test kit Wii with the green faceplate on the front. I got to see the disk eject and go back in too... very very smooth, smoother even than my car CD player.)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4475127&postcount=102

que? you don't have to waggle to play, you know.

MoxManiac

According to SNK Playmore's ad:

"Experience intense Metal Slug action on the Nintendo Wii system, PSP (PlayStation Portable) system, and PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system."

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
_dementia said:

You can use the classic controller, gamecube controller or turn the wiimote sideways and play it without motion sensing.
So the Wii version is the suprior vesion.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
KimiSan said:
You can use the classic controller, gamecube controller or turn the wiimote sideways and play it without motion sensing.
So the Wii version is the suprior vesion.

What makes the Wii version superior exactly?

jarrod

Banned
Fatghost said:
What makes the Wii version superior exactly?
Well, it was going to be WFC co-op play, but that got canned to make launch. :(

As of now I'd say they're all likely identical (minus PSP's screen stretch option and Wii's interface options).

Rlan

Looks like Metal Slug Anthologu is pPS2 after all!

ep_503_09.gif

jarrod

Banned
ConsumerSquare said:
Does the stretch option stretch the 4:3 image, or is it true widescreen?
It stretches everything... no true widescreen for any versions (as the original Neo/AW games were all 4:3 anyway).

Sticking with Wii version, especially if it has online features of some sort. Although if PSP has online play, I'll get that version over anything.

Swan Song

But wait, I thought it was a well-known researched and widely documented fact that the powers that be at Sony refuse to allow 2D games on their system. Coulda sworn I read that somewhere. Hmm, I must be mistaken...

::sarcasm off::

jarrod

Banned
Swan Song said:
But wait, I thought it was a well-known researched and widely documented fact that the powers that be at Sony refuse to allow 2D games on their system. Coulda sworn I read that somewhere. Hmm, I must be mistaken...

::sarcasm off::
Well, it looks like PS2's getting Metal Slug 3.... finally. ;)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
MoxManiac said:
So says the backpage ad in an issue of Tips and Tricks. Including MS6!

Yay!

If this is old, you can all kiss my grits.

There goes the second best reason to get a Wii. Awesome news. :D

jarrod

Banned
Kintaro said:
People still play that series? Like, seriously? Beyond the first one?
Over a million each game evidently... I wonder how many Metal Slug fans are out there by comparison?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
jarrod said:
Over a million each game evidently... I wonder how many Metal Slug fans are out there by comparison?

Dunno. Surprised if that's true though. Game was cool the first go around, lost it's charm on me long since though. =/

AniHawk

Kintaro said:
Dunno. Surprised if that's true though. Game was cool the first go around, lost it's charm on me long since though. =/

Well, here are the numbers when I stopped counting them last December:

SUPER MONKEY BALL 2 | 772,289 |
SUPER MONKEY BALL | 735,776 |

SMB for Wii is being made by the guy that did the first one (first two?), so it should be something to look forward to.

Top Bottom