• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Pollos Hermanos From ‘Breaking Bad’ Is Popping Up in LA This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
rkVWt8r.png

You better call Saul Goodman, because Los Pollos Hermanos is popping up in Downtown Los Angeles in a crazy standalone restaurant for two days. The iconic Albuquerque chicken restaurant from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul run by the notorious character Gustavo Fring is serving from noon to 10 p.m. on March 29 and 30 at 1345 E. 6th Street just around the corner from the Arts District.

Los Pollos Hermanos recently popped up at SXSW in Austin, with an entire menu on display like the infamous fast food restaurant. However, they only served curly fries, water, and three dipping sauces. It seemed weird that they didn’t even serve chicken at the place, though here’s to hoping that the L.A. version will at least fry up some of that delicious chicken (hopefully without any of the, ehem, blue crystal meth).

At the Austin restaurant, actors Bob Odenkirk (who plays Saul Goodman) and Giancarlo Esposito (who plays Gus Fring) were on site hanging out with folks who stopped by for the pop-up. Expect many lines and difficult parking at the Downtown location, so it’s to best take public transit or Lyft. Better Call Saul’s second season is currently on Netflix while the third season premieres on AMC on April 10.

Source

gUiqznP.jpg

Better Call HYPE

Call Saul if old

Weird place to put it in my opinion, considering that the real fast food spots this place parodies are based in LA, and I doubt most of these Breaking Bad fans have ever stepped foot in them. Places like pollo campero, el Gallo giro, etc.

Button

Banned
Weird place to put it in my opinion, considering that the real fast food spots this place parodies are based in LA, and I doubt most of these Breaking Bad fans have ever stepped foot in them. Places like pollo campero, el Gallo giro, etc.

Doesn't that make it an even more suitable location?

Doesn't that make it an even more suitable location?

Guess it depends on how you look at it. To me it seems kinda near-sighted to put the imitation from the show in the same city where the real things are. But, overall, I guess it doesn't really matter that much.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pro-Tip for LA people:
All the chumps lining up for this will probably mean that Howlin' Ray's will have a shorter line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom