• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
They ever even try to explain why
Sun didn't go back to 1977 besides the writing staff wanting to contrive a reason to keep her apart from Jin for longer also why did they go back to 1977

Erigu

Yes, Season 6. Think of what happened to Claire and Sayid.
Does that count as an explanation?
Also, according to the official encyclopedia, Claire wasn't even infected after all. Heh.

Think of what happened to Michael.
"And whenever you hear them, you should run the other way, because they're totally Others, except when they're not, and no, okay, they're just dead people in the end, yeah."
Glad they could "reveal" that one in such an organic way, too. They weren't kidding when they were saying they couldn't be possibly resolve all loose threads because "nobody wants the characters to just sit around and explain stuff, that would be horrible, so please think of something else when we do exactly that anyway and our answers are astoundingly lame."

Sun didn't go back to 1977 besides the writing staff wanting to contrive a reason to keep her apart from Jin for longer also why did they go back to 1977
Nope.

gdt

Just finished S1. Hot damn Parting Words and Oceanic 815. That swell in my heart muscle. That look that Jack and Locke give each other on the plane is fucking earth shattering. Its so simple but leads to so much.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
That swell in my heart muscle. That look that Jack and Locke give each other on the plane is fucking earth shattering. Its so simple but leads to so much.
It's good, but it sure as hell aint no Vincent chasing after the raft.

I always wished they ended the finale on the Walt kidnap- definitely had a lot more emotional resonance but admittedly, the tease of the hatch contents and the reveal were delicious.

Raxivace

Neo Member

I think the reason that they even went there in the first place was just one of those "This happened because it was SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN THIS WAY" things that started popping up in the later parts of the series.

It always drives me up the wall to see any kind of story use that plot device.

Erigu

I think the reason that they even went there in the first place was just one of those "This happened because it was SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN THIS WAY" things that started popping up in the later parts of the series.
Even in the beginning: it's just that the supernatural elements were a lot more fleeting and vague (as the writers were trying very hard not to commit to anything, even as they were pretty much going through the entire catalog of supernatural stuff in the hope that something would hook the audience).
For example, remember Locke briefly losing the use of his legs "just because", when Boone had to die.

Raxivace

Neo Member
Even in the beginning: it's just that the supernatural elements were a lot more fleeting and vague (as the writers were trying very hard not to commit to anything, even as they were pretty much going through the entire catalog of supernatural stuff in the hope that something would hook the audience).
For example, remember Locke briefly losing the use of his legs "just because", when Boone had to die.

Haha, yeah. Isn't that episode even literally called Deus ex Machina?

nomis

S4 is an instant classic.

BRIAN K. VAUGHAN.

Everything on from 3x17 "Catch-22" that he and Pinkner wrote, I pretty much consider to be Season 4 quality. I consider that period, in hindsight, to be better quality than Season 1, even though Season 1 was by far the best thing ever at the time I was watching it.

Dany

Banned
BRIAN K. VAUGHAN.

Everything on from 3x17 "Catch-22" that he and Pinkner wrote, I pretty much consider to be Season 4 quality. I consider that period, in hindsight, to be better quality than Season 1, even though Season 1 was by far the best thing ever at the time I was watching it.

YES. At that point, especially that finale is when the show shifted

injurai

Banned
BRIAN K. VAUGHAN.

I think the Episodes worked on by Carlton Cuse and Directed by Jack Bender tended to be the best over all.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Currently watching Lost again in its entirety with my girlfriend.

I've only ever watched it through once (when they first came out) so there is loads I forgot about.

Did they ever explain what the 'sickness' was?
Was it just Rousseau being crazy/paranoid?

Did they ever explain the whispering either?

Edit: Just checked Lostpedia and got answers to both of my questions.... Damn I've forgotten so much!

Doing the same with my wife. Got the Blu-ray set for Christmas. Even though the show stumbles later it is still pretty amazing and probably my favorite network TV drama.

oatmeal

Banned
385528_10152546479165514_620513675_n.jpg

So as some of you may know, my kid is named SAWYER JAMES...he's the one on the right.

We're babysitting the kid on the left for a week, and his name?

JACK.

oatmeal

Banned
Actually, my wife is taking them on a playdate on Thursday and one of the girls names is CLAIRE.

I will get the required photo of course.

big ander

Came into this thread, saw a full-page picture of babies. Triple-checked that this was the Lost thread. THEN scrolled down and got it. :lol

Writer's strike

What happened?

During season 3, the executives and ABC decided to renew LOST for 3 more seasons with 16 episodes each. Season 4 is shorter because of the writer strike. They made it up by adding an extra episode to season 5 and 6.

Ah, didn't know there was a writer's strike. That sucks. :/ I saw 6 disks for season 4 and half of them is bonus feature shit. Should have rented season 5 while I was at it. :/

And what happened was
Jin is one of my favorite characters and they freaking killed him off. :/ And it was worse because they showed it at the beginning of the season even though he didn't die until the end. I figured he would die but it would be less annoying I think if they didn't tell me at the beginning of the season. Just annoyed. :/

And what happened was
Jin is one of my favorite characters and they freaking killed him off. :/ And it was worse because they showed it at the beginning of the season even though he didn't die until the end. I figured he would die but it would be less annoying I think if they didn't tell me at the beginning of the season. Just annoyed. :/

Keep watching.

Dany

Banned
Ah, didn't know there was a writer's strike. That sucks. :/ I saw 6 disks for season 4 and half of them is bonus feature shit. Should have rented season 5 while I was at it. :/

And what happened was

Sun screaming was incredibly gut wrenching.

(Don't read this Zaraki) Jin
's showing up on the island being physically impossible is like my biggest pet peeve with this show

BFIB

I recently started a rewatch myself. About halfway done with season 2.

The show just sucks you back in. I love the part in season 1 when they're playing a song to end the episode, and Hurley's batteries died and the music cuts out.

What a great fucking series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom