• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LPVG: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day

Which Western Publisher x Nintendo collaboration are you most looking forward to?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Sure, why not. Rabbids could make for some very goofy/fun environments and enemies. Hopefully the actual game play is fun.

Wait woah, tactical RPG (x-com) style, would be amazing if this had deep game play.

While there will be numerous cameo appearances from the Mario series’ best known characters, the core party will feature numerous, more minor characters. There is a particular focus on Yoshi as a primary party member, alongside a playable Rabbid.

I think it's good to remember this. Yoshi is the primary party member. Maybe Yoshi is the main character and you find other minor characters like a Waluigi or a Professor E. Gadd to join your team. There will probably be some smaller Ubisoft characters too.

LordKano

I think it's good to remember this. Yoshi is the primary party member. Maybe Yoshi is the main character and you find other minor characters like a Waluigi or a Professor E. Gadd to join your team. There will probably be some smaller Ubisoft characters too.

I really like the idea to feature minor characters. It's probably so they can sell more amiibo but this makes me happy nonethless. I hope Waluigi, Nabbit and Captain Toad are in.

Machina

Banned
It's gonna be fucking weird seeing Mario and the Rabbids in one game but the sound of a Mario RPG is too good to ignore

I really like the idea to feature minor characters. It's probably so they can sell more amiibo but this makes me happy nonethless. I hope Waluigi, Nabbit and Captain Toad are in.
Yeah. The big guys get all the glory, but I love games where they can bring the smaller characters together.

I think it was brought up before, but if they did a Diddy Kong Racing 2 I would love all the characters to be the minor ones.

spekkeh

Banned
giphy.gif
My reaction. I hate rabbids, I like Mario RPG, I'm interested in Ubisoft doing a crossover, I don't know what to think.

Bane

With Ubisoft developing I'm less excited about this than if Nintendo was but with them overseeing it I imagine it should still turn out at least decent. I've long felt Nintendo was the reason for the highs Rare had back in the day.

Gsnap

yeesh. This could be great or a mess. Rabbids aren't that great and they might clash with the Mario designs. And Ubisoft developing can be pretty hit or miss.

But it could be good too. Especially if the srpg part is true and it ends up playing more like xcom or advanced wars than fire emblem.

And either way I'll probably buy it, so it's the only way for ubisoft to get me to buy a rabbids game, so I guess it's a good business decision.

Smart move.

woopWOOP

Oh, if it's more of a strategy RPG then I actually might be on board for this.
I can't imagine a crossover like this having any kind of decent story going for it, but if they do like FFTA2 and just cram all the effort into customisation options for your RPG army, yeah sure

Anth0ny

i also think this game isn't going to do particularly well if released on launch day

who would buy this when there's a god tier masterpiece 3D Mario right there alongside it

It's a turn based RPG with Mario?? Omg I'm probably going to love this!

Mario and RPG in the same sentence? Fuck yes!

It's gonna be fucking weird seeing Mario and the Rabbids in one game but the sound of a Mario RPG is too good to ignore

Fucking amazing!!!A new Mario RPG!!

A RPG? What the FUCK

Ok, I'm down with this

It sounds crazy but a new Mario rpg? Hell yes!

Okay, what the hell is actually happening? I feel like I've lost my mind. You guys know there have been tons of Mario RPGs in the past decade, yeah?

Sure the Paper Mario games are doing their own thing, but Mario & Luigi are still RPGs.

It's like I'm taking crazy pills.

so Super Mario RPG except instead of Squaresoft developing it's Ubisoft? alright, I'll bite

This too! There's ZERO indication in the article that this is in any way like Super Mario RPG other than it being an RPG with Mario in it, of which there are tons.

What is happening.

Okay, what the hell is actually happening? I feel like I've lost my mind. You guys know there have been tons of Mario RPGs in the past decade, yeah?

Sure the Paper Mario games are doing their own thing, but Mario & Luigi are still RPGs.

They're going to be disappointed when they realize it's not like Super Mario RPG on the SNES. The Mario & Luigi games are fantastic, by the way.

Hiltz

I got excited a bit until I read the that Rabbids will be featured in the game. They're like the video game version of the Despicable Me minions, but even less amusing. Ubisoft, prove us haters wrong!

They're going to be disappointed when they realize it's not like Super Mario RPG on the SNES. The Mario & Luigi games are fantastic, by the way.

Yeah! There have been tons of solid Mario RPG games since the SNES one. I just felt like I was losing my mind reading posts like that.

It is similar to Mario RPG in the sense that it is not developped directly by Nintendo, and especially not by the usual Mario RPG team (as in : AlphaDream for Mario & Luigi, and Intelligent Systems for Paper Mario), so yeah, there's a reason to be excited : it will likely be very different from the other Mario RPG games.

People may have been bored by having the two Mario RPG brand staying similar the whole past gen.

I mean I get that to an extent. The reaction of people acting as if there haven't been Mario RPGs since that game just threw me for a loop.

LordKano

This too! There's ZERO indication in the article that this is in any way like Super Mario RPG other than it being an RPG with Mario in it, of which there are tons.

What is happening.

It is similar to Mario RPG in the sense that it is not developped directly by Nintendo, and especially not by the usual Mario RPG team (as in : AlphaDream for Mario & Luigi, and Intelligent Systems for Paper Mario), so yeah, there's a reason to be excited : it will likely be very different from the other Mario RPG games.

People may have been bored by having the two Mario RPG brand staying similar the whole past gen.

EDarkness

Are they? I looked at the gameplay of those games and they seems like gimmicky games instead of real RPGs.

I feel like this is a wasted opportunity, they could've let the Origins team make a Mario platformer instead. :'/ I can't say I have much faith in it if it has no direct involvement with AlphaDream/Intelligent Systems, but we'll see how it turns out.

watershed

Banned
So this is the surprise Ubisoft game that was teased? If the rpg elements and world remain fun, I'd be down for this. Rabbids are looking for a come back.

Hm, sounds weird and not really my thing. But I guess I will keep an open mind.

At this rate I'll probably get a switch around launch anyway.... Especially if there's a new 3d mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom