• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LPVG: Ubisoft Developing Rabbids & Mario Crossover RPG For Switch Launch Day

Which Western Publisher x Nintendo collaboration are you most looking forward to?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsnap

You know what? Screw it. I'm in. This could be just the kind of crazy that makes it a classic, even if it isn't that good. Especially if the bits about it being an srpg starring lesser known characters is true. This game's gonna be scrappy.

My understanding is Ubisoft approached Nintendo with the idea and Nintendo agreed with the condition of heavy supervision.

It is aso my understanding that this game is like where like 80% of Switch leaks came from.

Wow Ubisoft approached Nintendo? And of course that's where most of the leaks games from lol

oti

Banned
As a person without TV this is the first time hearing about Rabbids on TV, so this game and Ubi IPs can reach the adult Nintendo audience that doesn't watch cartoons?

What exactly is your question?

"adult audience that doesn't watch cartoons"? You mean everyone besides kids and how they typically engage with video games? Is that what you're asking?

You will walk in the store and see this game with weird rabbids and Mario/Yoshi on the cover.

Honestly I don't know what to expect from this, it's such an odd pairing.

I'm still failing to see why this is somehow a bad idea or an odd pairing... At least any odder than any other videogame crossover.

Is it expected? Of course not, but why automatically assume it's crazy or will be terrible based on the fact that it has Rabbids? It sounds like a new unique experience to me, best to keep an open mind for something so new and different I would say.

Yeah, there's no middle ground here, I think. It will either be fantastic or downright terrible - of course, I'm hoping for the former, and I don't even mind the rabbids, but I can't even picture how this game would even be at this moment.

Hoping for some cameos from Legends/Origins characters but I don't know how much those universes are related anymore, if it says "Rabbid characters" that might be it. Rabbid + Toads, oh god, the nightmares.

"HELLO"
"BWAAAAH"
"HAWLOH"
"BWAAAAAAH"

Roo

Won't lie, when we first knew about this rumor I wasn't sure I liked the idea in the slightest
but now that we have a better picture of it I'm kind of interested.

The Rabbids invading the Mushroom Kingdom is not a surprise and from a story/gameplay pov it actually makes sense.
After all, they have "messed" with other Ubisoft games universes before (and even time itself) so expanding the idea to Nintendo's isn't that crazy.

jwj442

So the part about focusing on minor Mario characters sounds fun. Ideas for who?
  • Fawful
  • Nabbit
  • Captain Toad
  • Captain Syrup (a stretch, I know)
  • Kolorado from Paper Mario
  • Rawk Hawk from Paper Mario 2
  • Flavio from Paper Mario 2
  • A Pianta (possibly Don Pianta?)
  • The Bob-omb king
  • Waluigi

What exactly is your question?

"adult audience that doesn't watch cartoons"? You mean everyone besides kids and how they typically engage with video games? Is that what you're asking?

You will walk in the store and see this game with weird rabbids and Mario/Yoshi on the cover.

No question just a statement (with a question mark to signify that I might not know what i'm talking about). Your words make it seems like everyone is underestimating Rabbid's popularity and I'm saying I and maybe others forgot they existed.

Gleethor

Stuff like this makes me think that the folks in charge of Ubisoft really are big Nintendo fans and want to succeed on their platforms. They seem to have a good relationship. Hopefully Sakurai will reconsider their request for Rayman in Smash.

I honestly have no idea how to feel about the Rabbids being involved here, but I'll give in the benefit of the doubt. I'm hoping that the team behind Child of Light is involved. That was an absolutely solid game and beautiful to boot. Can't wait to see what the heck this looks and plays like.

ChaosXVI

I'm pretty cautiously optimistic about this game...it sounds so outlandish and crazy but that might just make it work. If someone asked me in the year 2000 "Wouldn't it be cool if they made a game where Disney characters interacted with Final Fantasy characters in an RPG setting?" My answer would have been "...but why?!"

So I'm very curious to learn more about this. If it's successful, that can help Nintendo cement their relationship with Ubisoft even further.

Stuff like this makes me think that the folks in charge of Ubisoft really are big Nintendo fans and want to succeed on their platforms. They seem to have a good relationship. Hopefully Sakurai will reconsider their request for Rayman in Smash.
That Yves guy is a Nintendo fanboy. We need to get rid of him! Dude must've always wanted to have a Mario title to work on and now they do.

psyfi

Banned
Rabbids? Weird. Does anyone want them to come back? They were cool and all, but they feel like a relic of the Wii era that is better left in the past.

• Fawful
  • Nabbit
  • Captain Toad
  • The Bob-omb king

• Birdo
  • Mouser
  • Wart
  • Professor E. Gadd
  • Burt
  • Kammy Koopa
  • Tatanga
  • Ukiki
  • Crazee Dayzee

Fuck it, I'll bite lol.

Wonder what crazy crossover will be next for Nintendo? Seems like every publisher wants one, even if minor.

Also, Rabbids and/or Rayman confirmed for Smash for Switch?

Zyrox

I..wait, what? This cerainly isn't a thread title I expected to pop up today, or, well, ever.
Not the biggest fan of the rabbids so this'll probably be a pass for me (if true, which seems more likely than not)

Spy

Pick one...

Nintendo vs. Capcom (developed by Capcom)
Pokémon x Monster Hunter (developed by Capcom)
Super Mario RPG (developed by Square Enix)
The Legend of Zelda (developed by FROM Software)

oti

Banned
No question just a statement (with a question mark to signify that I might not know what i'm talking about). Your words make it seems like everyone is underestimating Rabbid's popularity and I'm saying I and maybe others forgot they existed.

Oh, totally. I wouldn't know about it myself either if I hadn't had to research Ubisoft and Vivendi for something I worked on. You know the "ironic" thing about this? The person who helped Ubisoft to get the Rabbids on TV works for Vivendi.

Pick one...

I would love to see a Zelda spin-off by FROM. Maybe with Zelda as the main character even or something.

Vecks

Wat. This is so weird. I'm interested though. I do like SRPGs, and I don't hate the rabbids so this could work for me.

BD1

Banned
This is goofy AF, but it will probably be fun. Very interested to see this game revealed in January.

... Of course, I do get a little sad that a Square developed more "epic" style Mario RPG sequel isn't coming.

this is the most hilarious thing i didn't know i wanted..

Pick one...

If this ever happened I'd almost hope they'd subtitle it like "Legend of Zelda: Souls of Darkness" just for the honesty factor.

Tho Metroid: Dread Souls sounds better

Jay RaR

I...uh...don't know about this.

Maybe just port Color Splash and Fractured But Whole at launch instead Nintendo? I'd rather play those than deal with...Rabbids again. Also poor Rayman getting snubbed?

Tregard

Soothsayer
I would buy this. It's one of those things that's so weird it'll probably work.

2750608-nuts+and+gum.jpg

If it has Paper Mario level writing, this could work. I think the Rabbids would actually do well mixed in with more relatively grounded characters.

Platy

Pick one...

Nintendo vs. Capcom EASILY.
Not a fan of Monster Hunter, Square these days sucks and From Software works best with a zelda spin off, not a full entry.

It sounds like the worst idea ever, so that's why its going to be awesome.

Rabbids with mario .. yeah.
A Tatic RPG with Mario ? Best idea ever.

On a related note, we need Pokemon Conquest 2

Harpoon

• Fawful
  • Nabbit
  • Captain Toad
  • The Bob-omb king
  • Waluigi

I feel like we're very unlikely to be getting RPG characters. Hoping for Waluigi, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom