• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Assassin’s Creed Rogue – best AC I’ve played by far

daninthemix

I was not expecting this. The ‘other’ 2014 AC turns out to be not just the better game of that year, but the best AC I’ve ever played. To illustrate why the game is good, I am inevitably going to have to crap on AC Unity to a certain extent, which I am always happy and willing to do.

Essentially what we have is the refined movement and combat of Black Flag (which is to say, as refined as an AC game can be) without all the awful regressions of Unity. It has the naval exploration, combat and upgrading of Black Flag, and a better version of New York from AC3. You take over outposts and liberate districts from the city, renovate buildings to increase income, fight and board other vessels to upgrade yours, conquer forts, loot warehouses and investigate islands.

Taking over outposts is a lot of fun. You have three objectives – normally locate and kill the enemy commander, cut down the flag, and rescue someone. Do those and the area is yours, you have a new base and fast-travel point, and your income increases.

As you play a templar, assassins sometimes lie in wait around the city, hiding in haystacks or bushes. A whispering sound gives this away, getting louder the closer you are. If you get too close they’ll pop out and attack, though you can counter-kill them like any other enemy. An interesting new idea, but somewhat overused.

It has Black Flag’s crafting system for upgrading Shay (main character), and I love how you have the option of either hunting animals for skins, or just paying money and buying the skins instead. Good call, Ubi.

It’s better than Black Flag because so many of Black Flag’s main missions were ghastly, with far too much tailing enemies/eavesdropping, and also too much ship combat (I also hated the diving missions). Here the missions are just better, and neither ship combat nor anything else overstays its welcome, which is something I can’t really say since AC2. There can be too much of a good thing, and the last few ACs have certainly demonstrated this (they also had plentiful bad things, too). Rogue is smaller, tighter and simply more satisfying.

The gameplay is the best of any AC to date. Parkour and combat certainly aren’t perfect, but Shay is a much lither character than Unity’s heavy and ponderous Arno. The counter-kill system works so much better than Unity’s awful, dragged-out combat because it gets it over and done with rapidly and with the minimum of fuss.

Berserk darts are one of the funnest of AC’s inventions, and Rogue is obscenely generous with them, unlike the paltry two Unity gives you by default, and they also shoot much further. Not only are they more plentiful, but looting enemy bodies often replenishes them, whereas it hardly ever did in Unity. It’s as if Ubi perversely identified what was fun about Black Flag, and did their damndest to ration and/or eradicate those things from Unity. What a weird company.

I love, love, LOVE the fact that you can just walk around without being scrutinised and/or attacked by guards. It seems in every prior AC, the world centered entirely around you. Guards were always looking at you and only you – even in a city with thousands of people. That never made sense. Here, they’ll only attack if you attack someone first, or if you enter a red zone (which are rare, thank goodness). I only wonder why it’s taken ten games for us to get such a common-sense improvement to the fundamental rules of AC.

The environment is my favourite of all the games, because it’s the perfect blend. Whereas Unity is just one large city and Black Flag was a sprawling tropical mass of islands, Rogue has both a city (New York) and two large ocean areas (one arctic, one tropical) dotted with islands, alcoves, warehouses and settlements. Crucially, none of the three areas are so huge you feel overwhelmed, nor are the collectibles and activities so densely packed that you never feel like you’re making progress, as was the case in prior games. Every time I’ve played, that percentage meter has advanced by a few points.

In terms of problems, they are fairly minor:

- I wish AC would just ditch the secondary mission objectives altogether (e.g. send 5 guards to sleep, hang this dude with a rope dart, etc). Few people value them, and they’re just a mechanism for forcing you to undertake missions in a certain way, when they should be more open if anything. Ubi’s job is to create the world and scenarios, not dictate our path through them. If they want to do that they should stay away from open worlds.

- There are too many assassins lying in wait around New York. This is only a problem because the constant whispering becomes an annoying distraction, and if they do attack, then defending yourself often causes open conflict with any guards who happen to be in the vicinity. Also the effect is dampened. The occasional assassin lying in wait would be really cool – here it becomes boring all too soon.

- When taking over an outpost, for some reason your darts (sleep and berserk) don’t work on the enemy commander. Okay, makes no sense but I can live with that. However, even using your berserk darts on other enemy soldiers will cause the enemy commander to magically discover you and run off, even if you shot them from cover. That’s dumb.

I played on PC. Much like Unity, there’s horrible aliasing all over the place, but because it’s such an undemanding game I was able to whack it up to 4K DSR which takes care of most of the jaggies and ends up looking pristine.

So uh, well done Ubi. I am pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: oh yeah, and the game has some really, really lovely music. We're talking AC2 quality here.

Man, I need to check this out but I don't want to go back to play it. I'm hoping a remaster is released or its available for Backward Compatibility on Xbox One.

Montresor

I absolutely loved Unity and I feel Unity is my favourite AC yet. But reading your impressions, even if I disagree with you about Unity being bad, everything you describe about Rogue just seems awesome. I'll have to play Rogue one day.

This paragraph of yours though is quite awesome:

I love, love, LOVE the fact that you can just walk around without being scrutinised and/or attacked by guards. It seems in every prior AC, the world centered entirely around you. Guards were always looking at you and only you – even in a city with thousands of people. That never made sense. Here, they’ll only attack if you attack someone first, or if you enter a red zone (which are rare, thank goodness). I only wonder why it’s taken ten games for us to get such a common-sense improvement to the fundamental rules of AC.

I cannot stand how the red guards always attack you on sight in Unity.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I really enjoyed it, despite going in expecting to hate it after the awfulness of Unity.

Was a LOT of fun.

Better than Brotherhood? I'm not a big fan of the ship stuff but I'll check it out.

IMO no it's not. If you didn't like the ship stuff in AC4 then you won't like it here either.

VLiberty

Should I skip 3 and 4 and go straight into this? I'm asking because I heard that 3 is crap and 4 lasts 25h, and I can barely stand 15h of Assassin's Creed

Should I skip 3 and 4 and go straight into this? I'm asking because I heard that 3 is crap and 4 lasts 25h, and I can barely stand 15h of Assassin's Creed

Skip 3 but do 4. AC IV is the best AC game since 2 imo.

Looking at my stats on the Xbox One Leaderboards, I did it in 21 hours. Its a great game and worth it.

daninthemix

3 is just a mess and 4 has truly hideous missions. Both of them are too long. Rogue fixes all those problems and more.

Kucan

- When taking over an outpost, for some reason your darts (sleep and berserk) don’t work on the enemy commander. Okay, makes no sense but I can live with that. However, even using your berserk darts on other enemy soldiers will cause the enemy commander to magically discover you and run off, even if you shot them from cover. That’s dumb.

I always thought that was down to the commanders being Assassins and figuring out their people suddenly going beserk or falling asleep is bad news. As for them being immune to gas, well, if you can block it with a rag, so can they.

Finally, since the darts themselves are originally meant to be of Assassin origin it'd make sense for some of them to have an antidote on them, especially when there's a rogue assassin killing everyone.

Fractal

Banned
Yeah, I liked it better than Unity as well. It's most easily described as a slightly improved Black Flag, and even though you could call it more of the same, in this case I don't mind.

Also, if you're still interested in the AC story and lore, Rogue is much more important than Unity, which was basically a bland love story with minimal connection to the overall AC plot.
I love how the game is about chasing the Sage DNA sample, only to find out in the end it's unrecoverable. It ends on a status quo which makes the whole game seem pretty much pointless to the overall plot.

daninthemix

I always thought that was down to the commanders being Assassins and figuring out their people suddenly going beserk or falling asleep is bad news. As for them being immune to gas, well, if you can block it with a rag, so can they.

Finally, since the darts themselves are originally meant to be of Assassin origin it'd make sense for some of them to have an antidote on them, especially when there's a rogue assassin killing everyone.

That's a pretty good explanation actually. In any case I learned to live with it and play by the rules - don't use darts until the commander is dead!

it's a more focused Black Flag. It has everything the same but different and more varied locations (New york for the city, river valley and north atlantic for the wilderness) and only miss the underwater levels.

But yeah I agree. It's really black flag for the best and worst (it was tedious to upgrade the ship and take the fort EXACTLY like blag flag) but the good thing is tthat you don't have to hunt for upgrades in this one you can jsut buy all the animal skins at the shops

I've nearly bought this game so many times, but I keep putting it off in the hope of a current gen version.

This thread has prompted me to finally grab it from Amazon on PS3 for £18. I'd prefer it digitally, but Sony want £50 for it still!

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I just finished it recently and it was honestly more like a Black Flag 2. The story, while interesting, was EXTREMELY short and the game is once again full with filler. If you like it, fine, but I got really bored towards the end.

VLiberty

Skip 3 but do 4. AC IV is the best AC game since 2 imo.

Looking at my stats on the Xbox One Leaderboards, I did it in 21 hours. Its a great game and worth it.

3 is just a mess and 4 has truly hideous missions. Both of them are too long. Rogue fixes all those problems and more.

I'll skip 3 and get Rogue, got it.

IV is tempting but even 21 hrs still sounds like too much... :/ hopefully I can find it for 5€ second hand

daninthemix

it's a more focused Black Flag. It has everything the same but different and more varied locations (New york for the city, river valley and north atlantic for the wilderness) and only miss the underwater levels.

The underwater levels sucked, good riddance.

IV is tempting but even 21 hrs still sounds like too much... :/ hopefully I can find it for 5€ second hand

Of those 21 hrs (which seems short - doing all the side stuff would take dozens of hours), a lot of that is main missions which are the opposite of fun.

oni-link

I made a thread about Rogue comparing it to IV when I beat it earlier in the year, I really liked IV, that said Rogue feels like it was made after taking on board a lot of the feedback from IV, which is most clearly seen in the complete lack of eavesdropping missions

The voice acting for Shay was terrible though, his voice over sections were particularly bad, though overall he was a decent character

I wouldn't skip IV if you think it's too long, if you play just the main missions and the side stuff you enjoy, then it won't take that long (IV took me 30 hours but I did a lot of side stuff, Rouge took me 13 hours)

mrpookles

Funnily enough, I beat this yesterday. Very enjoyable and a better overall game than Unity, I thought.

However, I played it on PC and had a memory leak issue that apparently affected a small number of users, so it hasn't been patched. The game would crash after about 3-4 minutes of the "current day" sections, so it became a bit of a slog at times. Well done again, Ubi.

vongruetz

Banned
I picked up Rogue for $10 on Amazon and have been really enjoying it. The more I play it, the more it really feels like AC3 and AC4 had a love child and named him Rogue. It's a complete mash-up of the two.

It also reminded me how daunting these games can be when you first start them. There is so much to do and so many collectibles to pick up. I for one really like all the stupid side stuff. Sometimes I don't want a challenge in a game, I just want to zone out and chill. Running around (or sailing) to pick up all the collectibles is the perfect thing to do then.

SomTervo

I love Black Flag, but I actually hated what I played of Rogue. Granted, I only played about 2 hours of it, but I hated the main character (especially his heinous voice acting), I hated the story, I hated the bad bits of Black Flag they kept, I hated the level design I encountered, but most of all, I hated the smaller-ocean open worlds. I loved the holistic Black Flag 'this is the Caribbean' vibe, with a great tropical environment and phenomenal Aztec-style ruins. All I saw in Rogue was grey, grey, grey, with smaller places and similar places.

I should probably get it on the cheap and give it a proper go, but I'm happy with Black Flag and Unity for now. I also want to wait for Rogue to come to PS4, but I don't know if that will happen.

I absolutely loved Unity and I feel Unity is my favourite AC yet. But reading your impressions, even if I disagree with you about Unity being bad, everything you describe about Rogue just seems awesome. I'll have to play Rogue one day.

[snip]

I cannot stand how the red guards always attack you on sight in Unity.

I fully agree with this. I love Unity, I think it's the best AC game since AC2 or Brotherhood (bearing in mind I don't count Black Flag as an AC game – it's just a great, fun game, probably the most fun one in the series).

Also it makes perfect sense that the Red-coats in Unity always attack you. They're revolutionary thugs. They just want to be yobs and attack people – especially people who look rich/aristocratic, like Arno. So if they spot you they are going to start some shit. It's like if you walked around a bad part of a large city today dressed in a tuxedo carrying a briefcase. You're going to get fucking targeted.

I personally found every single mission in Black Flag fun, I think. It's best if you turn off some of the HUD so you're not being nagged about the side objectives. The missions are all really open and have plenty of sandboxey elements. I can't think of a single Black Flag mission I really dislike, tbh!

daninthemix

I made a thread about Rogue comparing it to IV when I beat it earlier in the year, I really liked IV, that said Rogue feels like it was made after taking on board a lot of the feedback from IV, which is most clearly seen in the complete lack of eavesdropping missions

The voice acting for Shay was terrible though, his voice over sections were particularly bad, though overall he was a decent character

I wouldn't skip IV if you think it's too long, if you play just the main missions and the side stuff you enjoy, then it won't take that long (IV took me 30 hours but I did a lot of side stuff, Rouge took me 13 hours)

My contention is that the main missions are amongst the worst content in Black Flag, so just doing those will subject you to hours upon hours of poor design and irritation. If you were to only do side content that would make more sense, except I don't remember how much of an option that is due to the gating of upgrades and side missions etc behind the main quest.

Catdaddy

I enjoyed Rogue as well, I wished they had released this on nextgen and Unity on the older systems. My fav AC game is Black Flag, it doesn't quite hit that level, but it's a game that I'll play again at some point.

Nerix

Since the first trailers I was more interested in AC Rogue than in Unity (despite I like the historic Paris setting, but I would´ve definitely missed the ship part that was so great in AC Black Flag).

Hope for a current gen release - I´m quite baffled that they didn´t release that along the PC version.

Skeff

Since the first trailers I was more interested in AC Rogue than in Unity (despite I like the historic Paris setting, but I would´ve definitely missed the ship part that was so great in AC Black Flag).

Hope for a current gen release - I´m quite baffled that they didn´t release that along the PC version.

Would love a ps4/xb1 port early 2016.

daninthemix

I love Black Flag, but I actually hated what I played of Rogue. Granted, I only played about 2 hours of it, but I hated the main character (especially his heinous voice acting), I hated the story, I hated the bad bits of Black Flag they kept, I hated the level design I encountered, but most of all, I hated the smaller-ocean open worlds. I loved the holistic Black Flag 'this is the Caribbean' vibe, with a great tropical environment and phenomenal Aztec-style ruins. All I saw in Rogue was grey, grey, grey, with smaller places and similar places.

I should probably get it on the cheap and give it a proper go, but I'm happy with Black Flag and Unity for now. I also want to wait for Rogue to come to PS4, but I don't know if that will happen.

I fully agree with this. I love Unity, I think it's the best AC game since AC2 or Brotherhood (bearing in mind I don't count Black Flag as an AC game – it's just a great, fun game, probably the most fun one in the series).

Also it makes perfect sense that the Red-coats in Unity always attack you. They're revolutionary thugs. They just want to be yobs and attack people – especially people who look rich/aristocratic, like Arno. So if they spot you they are going to start some shit. It's like if you walked around a bad part of a large city today dressed in a tuxedo carrying a briefcase. You're going to get fucking targeted.

I personally found every single mission in Black Flag fun, I think. It's best if you turn off some of the HUD so you're not being nagged about the side objectives. The missions are all really open and have plenty of sandboxey elements. I can't think of a single Black Flag mission I really dislike, tbh!

Oh, you again. You're like the anti-me! I think you acknowledged that your love of Unity is fairly unusual, but I would argue that your love of Black Flag's main missions is, as well. That game received a ton of flack for poor main quests - and rightly so.

Also, regarding the attacks by Redcoats - it may make sense but it isn't fun. Just let me enjoy the city you've created, Ubi. Don't shove combat-combat-and more combat down my throat, especially when it's as poor as it is in Unity.

Human_me

I loved Rogue, it is one of the best, if not the best (I still debate with myself whether this or Brotherhood was better).

Playing as a Templar and seeing their side of it was pretty damn fun.
Plus it linking in with assassins creed 3, 4 and Unity rather well.

SomTervo

Oh, you again. You're like the anti-me! I think you acknowledged that your love of Unity is fairly unusual, but I would argue that your love of Black Flag's main missions is, as well. That game received a ton of flack for poor main quests - and rightly so.

Also, regarding the attacks by Redcoats - it may make sense but it isn't fun. Just let me enjoy the city you've created, Ubi. Don't shove combat-combat-and more combat down my throat, especially when it's as poor as it is in Unity.

Can't argue with that!

I think I diluted the Black Flag main missions with side content so much that they didn't stand out as particularly, or specifically bad, for me. I think the level and world design was so fucking good I forgot about most of the actual challenge/encounter design which made the main missions problematic.

MjFrancis

Definitely one of the best iterations of Assassin's Creed we have available. I have completed the SP of the first game through Revelations and a good bit of the MP too, and I was disappointed by III enough (Didn't bother moving past the third sequence) that I didn't get Blag Flag until a little over a year ago. That game rekindled my love with the series, and Rogue was an improvement on that formula (I still haven't played Unity).

The world may not be as big as Blag Flag, but I like how all three world map locations feel unique, even if once you're inside them they all sort of blend together.

I wish AC would just ditch the secondary mission objectives altogether (e.g. send 5 guards to sleep, hang this dude with a rope dart, etc). Few people value them, and they’re just a mechanism for forcing you to undertake missions in a certain way, when they should be more open if anything. Ubi’s job is to create the world and scenarios, not dictate our path through them. If they want to do that they should stay away from open worlds.
I appreciate anything to make these missions harder. The AC games are ridiculously easy, as much as I hate to admit that I enjoy such a game - going back through ACIII after Rogue has at least made me appreciate the the optional objectives there that provide a bit of challenge - and after all, these objectives can be bypassed altogether if they don't float your boat. I wouldn't mind if the secondary objectives were harder in AC: Rogue.

I'm taking the time to go through AC:III now that I've 1000/1000'd Rogue but really I'd rather play another game like Blag Flag or Rogue again than continue with III. Maybe I'll finally pick up Unity, and see those changes for myself.

Main protagonist aside, I appreciate the mechanics and world of Rogue more than any other AC I've played yet.

I got spoiled on a certain character from the past games being killed in Rogue. He's probably my favorite character in the series, definitely puts a damper on my wanting to try the game, honestly
It’s better than Black Flag because so many of Black Flag’s main missions were ghastly, with far too much tailing enemies/eavesdropping, and also too much ship combat (I also hated the diving missions). .
lol, WHAT. There is no such thing

I'm replaying Black Flag right now, its really great pirate game but a very poor assassin's creed. The main missions are just a slog. Just let me do pirate stuff, I don't care about the Assassin/Templar war (which, awesomely enough, Edward doesn't give a shit about either!)

NBtoaster

I'll probably pick this up the next steam sale. Getting 100% in the various islands in AC4 was a great time waster.

Johndoey

Banned
I find it funny that when they tried to make Ezio 2.0, Arno ended up being a vastly inferior character, but Shay the character from the "budget" game ended up being a proper successor. In terms of his character arc and likability imo.

daninthemix

I appreciate anything to make these missions harder. The AC games are ridiculously easy, as much as I hate to admit that I enjoy such a game - going back through ACIII after Rogue has at least made me appreciate the the optional objectives there that provide a bit of challenge - and after all, these objectives can be bypassed altogether if they don't float your boat. I wouldn't mind if the secondary objectives were harder in AC: Rogue.

This is why AC badly needs difficulty levels - people like you want more challenge and people like me don't. This is an expensive, triple-A franchise that needs all the sales it can scrounge, yet it doesn't even bother incorporating something as standard as difficulty settings. As such, it's Ubi's way or the highway.

Main protagonist aside, I appreciate the mechanics and world of Rogue more than any other AC I've played yet.

Agreed, although I don't even mind the protagonist. I've never considered the stories and acting of the AC games Oscar-worthy, exactly, so as such I don't see much of a difference.

impact

Banned
I'll probably pick this up the next steam sale. Getting 100% in the various islands in AC4 was a great time waster.

I probably will too if Ubisoft actually puts it on a decent sale this time

I've been playing Unity on PS4 and it's not that bad after the patches. Would be great at 1080p/60fps as both 900p and 30fps (and below) really put a damper on the experience. Starting to think I should have waiting on a Steam sale for Unity too but fuck it, I'll just play this blurry vaseline shit *grumble grumble*. Everything I hear about Rogue's mission design sounds like the best in the series though.

SomTervo

If you want a harder Assassin's Creed, you should definitely hit Unity up. Toughest out of all of them (mainly because of good design, but it does have its share of design flaws)

MjFrancis

This is why AC badly needs difficulty levels - people like you want more challenge and people like me don't. This is an expensive, triple-A franchise that needs all the sales it can scrounge, yet it doesn't even bother incorporating something as standard as difficulty settings. As such, it's Ubi's way or the highway.
I probably wouldn't mind the addition of difficulty levels.

I recall chaining ten-plus kills in Brotherhood thinking "I thought I was supposed to be an assassin, not a homicidal superhero." It was an extraordinary feat for just nine well-timed button presses, like a simple rhythm game. So the question I ask myself is, would I want to make that effort more difficult or add more optional objectives to emphasize other areas of play? I hope Ubisoft is considering their options in this department.
Agreed, although I don't even mind the protagonist. I've never considered the stories and acting of the AC games Oscar-worthy, exactly, so as such I don't see much of a difference.
The shortcomings attributed to Shay can definitely be exaggerated but I understand why some could dislike the effort. I wasn't particularly impressed with him but as you mention no protagonist ever really has been impressive. Ezio has definitely further lost his appeal as the series has progressed.

If you want a harder Assassin's Creed, you should definitely hit Unity up. Toughest out of all of them (mainly because of good design, but it does have its share of design flaws)
I'll give that game a try, thanks. I don't know whether to buy Unity on PC or go X1 or PS4 though - I've played every AC game on my 360, despite the ability of my gaming rig to support Unity. I have a weird aversion to putting Uplay on my PC that I might have to get over. I've played seven of these games so far, I'm bound to try Unity sooner or later.

danmaku

I probably wouldn't mind the addition of difficulty levels.

I recall chaining ten-plus kills in Brotherhood thinking "I thought I was supposed to be an assassin, not a homicidal superhero." It was an extraordinary feat for just nine well-timed button presses, like a simple rhythm game. So the question I ask myself is, would I want to make that effort more difficult or add more optional objectives to emphasize other areas of play? I hope Ubisoft is considering their options in this department.

I hope they don't, because the combat in AC is simply not good enough to sustain a harder difficulty level. It would just get frustrating. They should focus on spectacle and add some cancel to make the controls feel less laggy.

oni-link

I hope they don't, because the combat in AC is simply not good enough to sustain a harder difficulty level. It would just get frustrating. They should focus on spectacle and add some cancel to make the controls feel less laggy.

Almost none of the mechanics in Assassins Creed would scale well with difficulty, the series is the definitive jack of all trades, master of none

The stealth is wonky, the combat is repetitive and not really skill based, even the basic moving from A to B controls lack precision

This is from someone who really likes the games too, but they're not meant to be hard games, they're meant to be fun, inclusive and to make you feel like a badass, while taking place in an interesting and immersive, beautifully created world

If they added an easy mode it would be beyond boring, and a hard mode would be infuriating

ryseing

Best story in the series. Fuck the NA assassins. They deserved everything they got. I hope the modern day ending is incorporated into Syndicate as it's a huge potential game changer.

Toa TAK

Banned
Rogue was a great Assassin's Creed game. It was a smaller ACIV package, but much less ship combat and a better story offering a different perspective. As an AC fan it really delivered. The Modern Day crap is more of the same, but the modern day stuff has lost steam after ACIII. There's no sense of direction to it at all.

But slightly new gameplay mechanics and weapons make the game fun, even if it is mostly a retread of the North American games.

Best story in the series. Fuck the NA assassins. They deserved everything they got. I hope the modern day ending is incorporated into Syndicate as it's a huge potential game changer.

:(

I still want more Connor.

Pejo

It's going to take a lot to dethrone Black Flag as my favorite AC. It had almost everything I ever wanted from a pirate game.

From what you typed up though, it looks like it has a chance. I've been waiting for this to be 20 or less on PC before picking it up, I'll have to look around to see if I can find it for that.

One important question: Is the harpooning mini-game still in? I absolutely loved doing that. (I love whales and would never do it in real life, but it was just so damn fun)

Morts

I really thought this would've made it to current gen by now. I really want to play it but after playing Black Flag on PS4 I'm afraid to go back to PS3.

Fractal

Banned
One important question: Is the harpooning mini-game still in? I absolutely loved doing that. (I love whales and would never do it in real life, but it was just so damn fun)
Yes, harpooning is still in. And if Black Flag left you wanting for more, you'll definitely like the game. It's very similar, but packs in some much needed improvements.

MjFrancis

The biggest reason I play AC is for the spectacle, so I'm inclined to agree that Ubisoft couldn't adapt the combat or other mechanics to handle difficulty levels. But on that point, if someone wants to make Rogue a little more challenging - don't upgrade your health. Getting hit by an Assassin in New York is a little more alarming when it's more than a scratch.

Harpooning is in. As Fractal mentioned, Rogue is really a refinement of Black Flag.

Top Bottom