• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Assassin’s Creed Rogue – best AC I’ve played by far

BratmanDu

Rogue is great! I visited the ruined Carmello Convent in Lisbon recently, not long after having 'been in it' in AC Rogue, pretty accurate level modelling.

I never understood why they didn't have PS4/XOne ports. I mean, the previous year Black Flag released under all platforms. What made this game different?

chaosaeon

There is one thing missing in the list of disappointments in the OP :

They had Sleepy Hollow in the game (complete with pumpkin scarecrows and the famous bridge from the short story) but didn't do anything with the location like having a mission where you either pretended to be the Headless Horseman to assassinate someone, or had to track down and kill someone who was using the legend as excuse to kill people. Even just some dialogue that people sometimes disappeared from the roads late at night or something would've been cool. Would've been a nice sidequest, and even better if it had been a Halloween themed DLC like Undead Nightmare from Red Dead or Nightmare in North Point from Sleeping Dogs. You could have met Ichabod Crane as a historical figure etc, and upon completing the DLC unlocked a Headless Horseman skin with ripped clothes and all that jazz. That would've been so cool.

Also, the final legendary ship battle was complete insanity, and that mission where you start off poisoned can go to hell.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
There is one thing missing in the list of disappointments in the OP :

They had Sleepy Hollow in the game (complete with pumpkin scarecrows and the famous bridge from the short story) but didn't do anything with the location like having a mission where you either pretended to be the Headless Horseman to assassinate someone, or had to track down and kill someone who was using the legend as excuse to kill people. Even just some dialogue that people sometimes disappeared from the roads late at night or something would've been cool. Would've been a nice sidequest, and even better if it had been a Halloween themed DLC like Undead Nightmare from Red Dead or Nightmare in North Point from Sleeping Dogs. You could have met Ichabod Crane as a historical figure etc, and upon completing the DLC unlocked a Headless Horseman skin with ripped clothes and all that jazz. That would've been so cool.

Also, the final legendary ship battle was complete insanity, and that mission where you start off poisoned can go to hell.
Sleepy Hollow was in AC 3, not Rogue.
FYI, I like the idea of this getting a rerelease on X1/PS4. I had a lot of fun with it back in the day.

It’s true that it is X1 BC, but it looks so god awful bad on a 4K TV that I can’t play it.

I’d be happy if it got enhanced for X1 via BC

chaosaeon

Sleepy Hollow was in AC 3, not Rogue.

Lol, but Sleepy Hollow is in Rogue. There's an entire mission set there. It would not have mattered to me whether they did it in AC3 or Rogue, it's just such a missed opportunity that they had Sleepy Hollow in two different games and it all took place during the exact time period the story is set in, but only had one very small easter egg in AC3.

Top Bottom