• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LttP: Final Fantasy XIII

I was so pumped to play this on pc at high resolution and 60 fps....too bad it's a terrible port and barely maintains 25 - 30 fps on my rig :(

Holy shit why is this thread such a graveyard? Is there a mod here who worked on the game or something? :D

ahhhh it's because the thread is so old.

Gaaraz

I'm gutted after how much I loved Final Fantasy X back in the day, but I just can't play this game any more. Mashing X inbetween random Vanille cutscenes is one of the worst gaming experiences I've had in a long time :(

I'm gutted after how much I loved Final Fantasy X back in the day, but I just can't play this game any more. Mashing X inbetween random Vanille cutscenes is one of the worst gaming experiences I've had in a long time :(
Vanille is just the worst, which is a shame, because her voice actress, her design and her girlfriend Fang are all excellent. She's everything wrong with Japanese gender roles distilled. I love hearing real (if slightly muddled) Aussie accents in media, but not like this...

Have you gotten to the steppe yet? If you're there, doing missions and still not having fun, stop. If you haven't gotten there and are (say) 18 hours in, keep going.

I very much liked this game. I'm going to go back and replay it unless they announce a remaster. I honestly think it's better than XV which I'm really not liking, but I will withhold judgment until I replay XIII

Zakalwe

Banned
Reading the OP I was shocked how many characters I'd forgotten about. I don't even remember Hope and Fang in the slightest, and while I remember his design I can't recall Sazh's character at all.

Lightening I remember because protag and prominence, and Snow because of the LR demo cutscene, the rest of the cast are gone from memory. I have no idea who the antagonists are, main story NPCs, etc...

All I really remember is the battle system being slick, and the music and visuals stunning.

I'm only a couple of hours in, what happens at the Steppe? :)
It's a huge open area where the missions open up. Instead of playing through the story, you can slow down there and make the battle system sing. Taking down the huge and tricky monsters, crafting the ultimate weapons, rearranging your party over and over to take on your latest challenge, all while listening to dat soundtrack.

Oh man, if my PS3 weren't busted, I'd be tempted to fire it up again when I got home.

Top Bottom