• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Sonic 06

Sciz

-cutscene time.

OH MAN, IT'S A SONIC FAN SPRITE RECOLOR. Now this is really starting to morph into the 13 year old Sonic fanboy's dream. "What if...Shadow's...SHADOW... was an even DARKER hedhehog than Shadow!? AND HE WAS VOICED BY YAMI YUGI!! BEST GAME EVERRHH!!1!!"

god damn please tell me i don't see this asshole much. It's like Poochie^3.

It gets worse before it gets better.

Just kidding, it doesn't actually get better.

Castle Level-

-what a pain in the ass. I actually attempted this stage a few days ago, but after failing at the part where ruins collapse on you while you're controlling a hovercraft, then boot you back to delfino plaza. I was not ready to wait through all those loading screens again.

In case you don't know, this stage is separated into, like, 7 sections. It's ridiculous.

I finally managed to finish it... not fun. The vehicles are dumb and Rouge's controls are fucking terrible (again, they were FINE in Sonic Adventure 2, what the hell happened?).

-cutscene time.

OH MAN, IT'S A SONIC FAN SPRITE RECOLOR. Now this is really starting to morph into the 13 year old Sonic fanboy's dream. "What if...Shadow's...SHADOW... was an even DARKER hedhehog than Shadow!? AND HE WAS VOICED BY YAMI YUGI!! BEST GAME EVERRHH!!1!!"

Hey, at least you're no longer playing the buggiest game on the PS3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Castle Level-

-what a pain in the ass. I actually attempted this stage a few days ago, but after failing at the part where ruins collapse on you while you're controlling a hovercraft, then boot you back to delfino plaza. I was not ready to wait through all those loading screens again.

In case you don't know, this stage is separated into, like, 7 sections. It's ridiculous.

I finally managed to finish it... not fun. The vehicles are dumb and Rouge's controls are fucking terrible (again, they were FINE in Sonic Adventure 2, what the hell happened?).

-cutscene time.

He's like the main villain of the game dude. You see him a lot in Shadow and Silver's stories.

Skyrim PS3 is worse than Sonic 06?!?

ahauahuauhuahuahauhauhauahahuahua

It's sort of like comparing vomit with dog turds as far as glitches go.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, I've been so BUSY this week, but I wonder if Anth0ny's made any progress...

Castle Level-

It begins.

Bahahaha, have fun with the rest of the Shadow levels, then! You committed to this, you know. :p

Just wait until you get to Trunks's Physics Levels. :D

He's the main villain of the game! D:

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But everything involving Silver Trunks the Hedgehog in this game is so fun. :D
:(

Its no yoos---you committed to finishing this game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
*motorbike explodes*

"WHAT THE FUCK!!"

This made me crack up for 5 solid minutes when I first watched it (and each time since.) It's just so unexpected and stupid.
KuGsj.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
"How about this?!"

"NO! I DON'T WANT IT!"

*barrel asplode*

"SHIT!"

I've forgotten how hilarious this part was. I tried to block all the crappy Shadow gameplay out of my mind.
KuGsj.gif

jvalioli

I'm watching the LP for the first time all the way through. The train stage is easily the best part and I get really excited whenever it comes up. So bad lol

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
BAHAHAHAHA

best part of the game

shadow kicking silver in the back of the head

i'm in tears
And then Silver's like, "I GOTS A CHAOS EMMEROWD, SO I CAN DO CHAOS CONTWOL TOO"

And somehow they time travel. "I won't let anyone get in my way! I'm gonna save the worrrrrrrrlddddddddd! :D"

*sigh*

Lijik

I'm watching the LP for the first time all the way through. The train stage is easily the best part and I get really excited whenever it comes up. So bad lol

For the longest time the soundtrack was the only context I had for Sonic 2006. The two Radical Train tracks were my favorite and I assumed based on their funky 70s chase stylings that clearly that zone would be the best part of the game.

The I watched the LP
"... Oh"

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm thinking of popping this in this week to balance my playthroughs of games I'm looking forward to playing and replaying.

Also, OP said that he'd try to finish it off this week. ^______^

Lijik said:
For the longest time the soundtrack was the only context I had for Sonic 2006. The two Radical Train tracks were my favorite and I assumed based on their funky 70s chase stylings that clearly that zone would be the best part of the game.
And then you'd hear the Radical Train themes over and over and over because the mach speed section in this level is garbage.

qq more

Every time I see this thread I just get reminded of how Anth0ny still thinks 06 is a better game than Unleashed and Colors (and I don't even like the former).

And that makes me angry.

grrrrrr

EDIT: Would like to note I took advantage of the Buy 2 Get 2 Free deal from Best Buy last month. Sonic 06 and Other M were the two free games.

...I think I'll play Other M way before I play 06.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You've convinced me to give this game a try.
If I have to offer a bit of advice, it's this: try playing this game while either buzzed or drunk.

I'm serious.

qq more said:
Every time I see this thread I just get reminded of how Anth0ny still thinks 06 is a better game than Unleashed and Colors (and I don't even like the former).
He has to prefer Generations over 06 by now.

qq more

Here's what Sonic 06's story should of have been:

Robotnik has a new evil scheme.

Sonic and Tails goes to foil his plan

They fight Robotnik.

THE END

Alt Ending: Robotnik wins because you didn't get all emeralds. oops

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
And Knuckles is the only side character, but you don't have to use him to turn all those stupid lights on because it's a pointless part of the game. :|

Knuckles has this interesting backstory, but doesn;t have a decent game of his own...

Why?

In all honesty Sonic Adventure 1 should have been about him.

qq more

Knuckles has this interesting backstory, but doesn;t have a decent game of his own...

Why?

In all honesty Sonic Adventure 1 should have been about him.

Yeah, I find it weird they didn't give enough attention to Knuckles outside of his story, especially given that the story of the game focuses on the past of his own race. When you play as Sonic or Tails, it's just OH HEY KNUC- HEY WHAT DID I DO. OH THANKS A LOT YOU KNUCKLEHEAD.

Anth0ny

So after 10 hours of getting my ass kicked by Super Meat Boy, I'm not exactly in the mood for some Dead Souls...

I'm popping this fucker in. SHADOW'S STORY ENDS TONIGHT.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Why?
Yeah, I find it weird they didn't give enough attention to Knuckles outside of his story, especially given that the story focuses on the past of the society of his own race. When you play as Sonic or Tails, it's just OH HEY KNUC- HEY WHAT DID I DO. OH THANKS A LOT YOU KNUCKLEHEAD.
Because Shadow's the new Knuckles, that's why.

What, Knuckles was supposed to be Sonic's rival? Psh, Poochie the Hedgehog is the future since he has guns, motorcycles, a jeep, and he kills Robotnik in a cutscene. Kids eat that crap up.

I'm popping this fucker in. SHADOW'S STORY ENDS TONIGHT.
Awesome. :D

Anth0ny

Alright, just wrapped up Shadow's story.

A few quick thoughts before I start Silver:

- I love how there was a Sonic Heroes team dark reunion. So convenient that they meet up with Omega, who now has a voice that sounds like Kane's voice box from WWE.

- The desert stage wasn't too bad. Omega controls like a freaking tank, but the level design was aight. At one point I thought I got stuck in a wall. A GAME ENDING GLITCH IN SONIC 06?!? COULD IT BE? But nope, I regained control over Shadow after about 10 seconds :lol

- Not gonna lie, I liked the final boss battle with Yami the Hedgehog. Build up meter by killing those giant things, then activate x-factor and kill Yugioh. Pretty cool, probably my favorite boss battle so far.

So all in all, Shadow's story was Sonic's rehashed with some shitty vehicles thrown in. Nothing too unbearable yet, but... there's still one story left. I must experience the physics based gameplay that puts Half Life 2 to shame. Can I control Gravity Squeeze the Hedgehog? Will I encounter Spirit of the Pharaoh the Hedgehog again? Will this portion of the game finally make me admit that Sonic Colors is the superior game?

t35Ye.jpg

FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

Top Bottom