• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The IT Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so I just decided to binge rewatch this show and it's as brilliant as ever. I'm at the gay musical episode (s2 e1) and I literally cannot breath, the catastrophic build up at the theatre is so well done, with the highlight being wheelchair-bound Roy slowly getting lifted on the van with that damn hilarious look on his face. Man, I had forgot how much I loved this show! Anyone here a fan of It Crowd? what's your favourite quote/scene/ episode? and remember if your pc starts freaking around,

tumblr_n2p43iA2Ya1sz7mx5o3_250.gif

Mr-Joker

Banned
I love the IT Crowd and I always crack out laughing whenever I watch it.

My favourite scene is when Roy get obsessed with his girlfriend's parent dying in a fire at Sea world and is up in the middle of the night researching it only to get caught by his girlfriend.

"What are you doing?" Roy's Girlfriend
"Masturbating" Roy.

Guzim

The Work Outing is my favorite episode. The moment when Jen goes to the bar and Moss is the bartender is one of the funniest moments in the history of television.

CTLance

Such a good little series. Season one is still the best though, never quite warmed up to the new boss despite him being delightfully broken as well.

Love the DVD menus. Spent quite a bit of time just letting them loop and looking for Eastereggs.

Favourite quotes? Dunno... too many to count.

Are you stressed?!
Fatheeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......!
0118 999 881 999 119 725....3.
Ah'm disebled! *grimaces*

Hixx

The Work Outing is the funniest episode of any TV show I've ever seen. The last 5 minutes or so are insane, it's just non-stop.

I was going to watch some more Suits tonight but now I'm going to start a re-watch of the IT Crowd and it's all your fault, OP.

I was a lurker for maybe a year or so before I created this account. Back then there were animated avatars and such. I came across some IT Crowd thread and was intrigued. That was July 2010 (my Amazon purchase history confirms this). So that's just over a year into the current job that I still have. I chalk it up as a happy coincidence that I was in the OT when which series was active at that time. Because I didn't want to be spoiled by hijinks of the latter season, I watched the first couple of minutes of the first episode on YouTube and was shocked at how scarily accurate it was of my office. It was as if the show was written just for me and I had to see more. I immediately purchased the US DVD, then the 2nd and 3rd season a few weeks later, even importing the UK DVDs because of the other extras or commentaries. I think I've got both version of the first 3 season and just the US version of season 4.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE, THE IT CROWD.

The Gay Musical episode was amazing. That moment after she
offers to get Roy a drink while he's in the wheelchair and then turns to see Moss working the bar... classic.

Fav line might be: "Come on, you crazy bitch..."

Miles X

Huge fan of the show, Work Outing is my fav, along with the one where Jen is a translator.

And who can forget the bomb one!

Falawful

The ending of The Haunting of Bill Crouse might just be the funniest payoff I have ever, or will ever, witness.

Edit: One of my fav quotes -

Moss: "What operating system are you using?"
Bomb disposal guy: "Vista"
Moss: "We're all going to die!"

AkuMifune

Banned
Tried getting into it a couple times but the laughtrack and 'sitcom' feel turned me off. But once GAF made me try Garth Merenghi's Darkplace and I loved it I had to try again, this time I stuck with it I was rewarded with one of my favorite shows of all time. Like a nerdy, British Seinfeld. ;) Everytime I hear an IT guy on the phone I'm so tempted to ask them if they suggested turning it off and on again, heh.

I really wish there were more.

If anyone who's a fan of the show wants more stuff with some of the same actors, give Garth Marenghi's Darkplace a try. :3

Just watch the opening and try and tell me you don't love it.

sqwarlock

While I adore most of the show, I could do without some of the more Matt Berry focused episodes that come later on. Unpopular opinion, but I just don't like his character.

That being said, some of my favorite episodes of TV have come from this show.

Carl

Fucking love it. Too many great episodes to pick a favourite but the ones already mentioned are all way up there.

so I just decided to binge rewatch this show and it's as brilliant as ever. I'm at the gay musical episode (s2 e1) and I literally cannot breath, the catastrophic build up at the theatre is so well done, with the highlight being wheelchair-bound Roy slowly getting lifted on the van with that damn hilarious look on his face. Man, I had forgot how much I loved this show! Anyone here a fan of It Crowd? what's your favourite quote/scene/ episode? and remember if your pc starts freaking around,

tumblr_n2p43iA2Ya1sz7mx5o3_250.gif

I love the IT Crowd and I always crack out laughing whenever I watch it.

My favourite scene is when Roy get obsessed with his girlfriend's parent dying in a fire at Sea world and is up in the middle of the night researching it only to get caught by his girlfriend.

"What are you doing?" Roy's Girlfriend
"Masturbating" Roy.

Yeeeeees, haha. These are the two best episodes.

Dryk

I really liked the gag where Roy hooked up his phone to an tape reel so it could do his job for him.

Also
VGe6G.gif

The gay musical episode might be the only comedic work that I immediately rewatched. Absolutely brilliant.

Really enjoyed Black Books as well and was starting Father Ted when it expired on Netflix.

Stuart444

The ending of The Haunting of Bill Crouse might just be the funniest payoff I have ever, or will ever, witness.

Edit: One of my fav quotes -

Moss: "What operating system are you using?"
Bomb disposal guy: "Vista"
Moss: "We're all going to die!"

At risk of being that guy...

Moss: What kind of operating system does it use?
BSG: Vista
Moss: We're going to die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQmeI1LenGE

This one has never ever ever failed to make me crack up. Love it. <3 IT Crowd

Stuart444

Also using the google talk software on my Nexus Android phone.

"Did you see that Ludicrous display last night?"

The result from this made me laugh for a good 20 minutes and trying it several more times just for the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom