• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP Young Justice - Unmarked Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Batman on this show. One of the best animated interpretations of him I've seen.

I also enjoyed seeing the bat-family. Batgirl, Nightwing, and Robin II were really awesome additions to the cast in season 2.

I also became a fan of Blue Beetle because of this show.

The racial diversity of the cast was also very noteworthy.

I miss this show a lot. :(
I actually felt like Batman was a problem with this show. He was so cool that I often found myself wondering what he and the League were up to instead of focusing on the team.

"Oh yeah, that's cool, I guess. What's Batman doing?"

I actually felt like Batman was a problem with this show. He was so cool that I often found myself wondering what he and the League were up to instead of focusing on the team.

"Oh yeah, that's cool, I guess. What's Batman doing?"

Yup, then the entire Justice League is gone for like 99% of season 2.

Hated season 2, really killed the entire series for me.

They even have Nightwing in season 2 and he didn't actually do shit.

Brickhunt

I still have hope that, with the inevitable Justice League movie, one day Warner Bros will revisit the YJ universe in the form a Justice League show. At the very least, it makes more sense for the Justice League to tackle with Darkseid instead of the Team. The Justice League itself would deal with Darkseid while the team deals with Vandal Savage's shenanigans.

I can't any other chance of going to back to YJ's universe besides an JL show...knowing Warner Bros, they wold probably make it take place in a new universe.

NEO0MJ

Such a shame this show got canned, and just when we finally got to see Darksied.

Why was Meghan attracted to such annoying shits

Superboy was an irritant too for the first half of the season

I learned to like him near the end though and he was way better than lagoon boy

I though Superboy was an annoying prick at the start, and I guess it makes sense considering he was still a kid at first, even though he looked like a teenager. I love how he developed with time, I felt that the character really matured. Mehgan though was pretty scummy, I hated how she began abusing her powers for selfish reasons.

I loved the dynamic between Clark and Conner. It was somewhat human for Clark to have mixed feelings about a clone. And I liked that Conner didn't have all the super powers Superman had. I need to rewatch Season 2.

If you really look at it - Clark's DNA was taken from him and used against his will. Conner is a metaphorical rape baby.

Loke13

Yup, then the entire Justice League is gone for like 99% of season 2.

Hated season 2, really killed the entire series for me.

They even have Nightwing in season 2 and he didn't actually do shit.
Did you completely miss the entire Xanatos Gambit he,Aqualad, Artemis pulled off at the end of Season 2? While also coordinating the Team and assigning them missions. He was quite literally instrumental in bringing down The Light.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Doing a rewatch at the moment, it's been exciting.

I was actually thinking of bumping the OT this week for something that's been bugging me.. but now I don't need to :D

in season 2, in the basement near artimeses hologram + original blue beetle + other... there is a hologram of Robin...

it doesn't look like season 1 robin though?

was there a robin between dick and rim?
or are we to assume dick die and came back as nightwing (assuming not, as it's never touched on).

grimmiq

was there a robin between dick and rim?
or are we to assume dick die and came back as nightwing (assuming not, as it's never touched on).

Dick Grayson (Becomes Nightwing) > Jason Todd (Killed by Joker, comes back as
Red Hood
> Tim Drake (Becomes Red Robin) > Damian Wayne.

I preferred Season 2, mostly because Tim Drake is/was my favourite comic character..depresses me what they've done to him in the new 52...Season 1 felt wrong to me as Tim/Bart/Conner were the founding members of the team, with Wonder Girl and Arrowette joining soon after.

The showrunners confirmed a few team members came and went in the five year gap:

AQUAGIRL (Tula - killed in action)

TEMPEST

ROBIN II - (Jason Todd - killed in action)

TROIA

LIEUTENANT MARVEL - (Captain Marvel Jr / CM3)

SERGEANT MARVEL - (Mary Marvel)

Did you completely miss the entire Xanatos Gambit he,Aqualad, Artemis pulled off at the end of Season 2? While also coordinating the Team and assigning them missions. He was quite literally instrumental in bringing down The Light.

You don't bring down The Light, you merely succeed in dimming it slightly.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dick Grayson (Becomes Nightwing) > Jason Todd (Killed by Joker, comes back as
Red Hood
> Tim Drake (Becomes Red Robin) > Damian Wayne.

I preferred Season 2, mostly because Tim Drake is/was my favourite comic character..depresses me what they've done to him in the new 52...Season 1 felt wrong to me as Tim/Bart/Conner were the founding members of the team, with Wonder Girl and Arrowette joining soon after.

So in the young justice world, the hologram we see, it's assumed that is jason Todd? Is that ever addressed in the show?

He had the plan but still got zero action outside of the staged fights, then the 2 or 3 times they broke up into teams it just skipped over Nightwing's.
So he was basically sitting around all season.

season 2 just had way to many characters,
And the biggest problem was that season 2 didn't mean anything in the end.(to many characters so nobody got focus or development outside of Blue Beatle)
All of season 1 was just to set up season 2 and season 2 was entirely made to set up a 3rd which didn't happen.
So for me the entire show was a failure.

In the end I went from loving the show with the first season to hating it.
Green Lantern was much better and a bigger loss.

He had the plan but still got zero action outside of the staged fights, then the 2 or 3 times they broke up into teams it just skipped over Nightwing's.
So he was basically sitting around all season.

season 2 just had way to many characters,
And the biggest problem was that season 2 didn't mean anything in the end.(to many characters so nobody got focus or development outside of Blue Beatle)
All of season 1 was just to set up season 2 and season 2 was entirely made to set up a 3rd which didn't happen.

In the end I went from loving the show with the first season to hating it.
Green Lantern was much better and a bigger loss.
Both were incredibly crushing blows to me. DC Nation showed so much promise. And Green Lantern should've been a HUGE property. Those Mattel toys were a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom