• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucario confirmed for Super Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS

TWILT

Banned
Quite happy he's back. Always did like him more than Mewtwo.

I'd still like some -new- playable Pokemons though.

Kyzon

Just because mewtwo and lucario have similar neutral B attacks doesn't discredit mewtwo's viability for the game.

Mewtwo was only cut from brawl due to time restraints.

Hell yeah, my main is back. Hopefully his Up+B and Down+B aren't awful. It'd be nice to have more than a projectile to use for specials.
Lucario again? :(

Honest question. Why do people like this character?

Because he's the poster child for the furry community. Mewtwo is better in every conceivable way.

Agreed. I personally wasn't looking forward to this reveal. Mewtwo should have replaced him but oh well. The return of a beat-up-buddy.

Lucario fucking sucks. God dammit, so much for getting Mewtwo back.

This piece of shit is like the Sonic of Pokemon. Trying to make an "edgy" character and shit. Absolutely awful.

He's like Poochie, except his xtreme 90's style is replaced with some bullshit Jedi-Super Saiyan powers.

Again? This piece of shit instead of Mewtwo? Sigh.

iAhtlqVc7KYyQ.gif

McDougles

You can always trust a Pokemon character reveal for a Smash roster to turn even the better communities into GameFAQs-tier at the drop of the hat.

Mariolee

For some reason this makes me think Mewtwo will be in even more. Sakurai's vague statements from E3 about Mewtwo and him knowing how popular he is, I would avatar/tag bet it.

Why do people keep thinking this automatically means there is no Mewtwo. Stop it.

I'm glad he's back, I'm both conflicted and relieved knowing that he's not gonna play like his Project M version. Sure it was actually pretty cool and stronger, but I dunno, I just wasn't that much of a fan. Still, wish he could somehow get that super Aura Sphere he had there that was awesome.

LuuKyK

Really? Lucario again? ...

Call me whenever the far more interesting pokémons Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are revealed.

I was hoping for a different Pokemon from maybe Kalos, but I can't figure out who would be a suitable replacement for Lucario.

Whatever. Aura Time.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I was hoping for a different Pokemon from maybe Kalo, but I can't figure out who would be a suitable replacement for Lucario.

Hawlucha would be awesome from a gameplay standpoint (a luchadore), but he's one-note in the game.

I still think Dedenne has a chance as a new version of Pichu.

Anyone who thought Lucario was going to be cut doesn't pay attention to the fact that he is still one of the more marketed and popular pokemon. He was given his own arc in the X/Y games which is something given how little focus any individual pokemon gets in a game especially one that doesn't even belong to that generation. Id say he's more relevant now than during the Brawl days since most people assumed he was going to disappear once gen 5 came around like most mascot pokemon from their respective generation do.

I still fully expect Mewtwo and I'm not sure why people didn't expect Lucario or think Mewtwo's chances are lowered.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anyone who thought Lucario was going to be cut doesn't pay attention to the fact that he is still one of the more marketed and popular pokemon. He was given his own arc in the X/Y games which is something given how little focus any individual pokemon gets in a game especially one that doesn't even belong to that generation. Id say he's more relevant now than during the Brawl days since most people assumed he was going to disappear once gen 5 came around like most mascot pokemon from their respective generation do.

I still fully expect Mewtwo and I'm not sure why people didn't expect Lucario or think Mewtwo's chances are lowered.

True, and before that he was featured quite a bit in the lead-up to B2W2 as one of the "returning Pokemon", being prominently featured in the B2W2 Anime commercial.

I really, really, really wanted Genesect though...

vall03

I'd like to start with a rant on why they just announced a new Pokemon now, was really expecting a new Pokemon announce during the X&Y release. Then with the announcement, part of me says "Yay! Lucario is back!", but theres also a part of me that wants Mewtwo back, but I'm fine with this either way.

Also hoping that his Final Smash would be Mega Lucario since I wasn't really fond of his Brawl Final Smash. Something like Warios Final Smash giving you full control while attack damage increases, his Pokemon Ability is Adaptability after all.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that with this announcement, I really have this feeling that none of the Brawl roster will be cut, most would just be given new movesets based on their recent game appearance.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jigglypuff > Lucario

Oh god, he looks kinda gross. Ah well. Don't care much for the character, but I enjoyed using him in Brawl. Will probably be one of my mains again. ...Even if he's ridiculously floaty.

Wait a minute. Why the HELL are people assuming Mewtwo won't be in?

sn00zer

In terms of fun factor and gameplay...Lucario>>>Mewtwo...Mewtwo is the better character, but Lucario is just much more fun to play....also because i was pretty decent with him and most consider him to be shit tier so they never fight him.....boy were they surprised at mah blue ball timing...shit could be devastating if they are trying to fall back to stage
EDIT: So damn excited

Top Bottom