• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucas arts classics coming to Gamepass

Dr.Morris79

Didnt see a thread on this so thought it needed one. I swear I own these so many times over but i'm still excited, will be playing them over again :)

Roberts

Way back in the 90's nothing excited me more than these games and GF is an all-time favorite so I'm super excited to play them again. Are the backgrounds in GF re-rendered in HD or just upscaled?

HE1NZ

Banned
Microsoft should buy LucasArts remains from Disney. Those that aren't Star Wars and Indiana Jones related anyway.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I hope they don’t so some bullshit and delist / don’t let me take my remasters of a lot of these to my ps5. I love day of the tentacle remaster. Think it’s about time for a play through again

Quasicat

I would love a Maniac Mansion remake that uses the NES prototype before Nintendo censored it. It has more characters and the music is so amazing compared to the original PC release (PC release has no music). The problem is Jaleco; outside of a few classic Switch releases, I haven’t heard anything about them.

Mmnow

I see what all the fuss is with game pass now where else could I rent access to play games I played 30 years ago

what a deal /s
Imagine being so bitter about the console wars that you're not happy a new generation of people will soon have easy access to some of the greatest adventure games ever made.

Come on, mate. Love games, not consoles.

Last edited:
When I’m on the road... I’m indestructible.

Bought these games so many times. Would happily do so again to have them in my Xbox library, but GamePass...

Agent X

This is a great batch of games. It's good that they'll be able to find a new audience now.

By the way, if you consider Microsoft's development of Xcloud, then you should know that point-and-click graphic adventure games like these tend to be a great fit for streaming services.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
If there was ever a game that should get the Remake treatment, it would be the Indiana Jones Atlantis game.

I get excited about it, but then I remember they Monkey Island remakes/HD remaster and they sucked the soul out of the original games (worse animations, worse effects, etc...).

teezzy

Banned
Exactly the kind of news I want to hear from Microsoft...

BackVacantHarborseal-size_restricted.gif

CeeJay

I have really good memories of playing some of these games on the Amiga and worry that they are from a bygone era and wouldn't stand up on their own today. What do you reckon Gaf, all time classics or of their time?

bender

What time is it?
I have really good memories of playing some of these games on the Amiga and worry that they are from a bygone era and wouldn't stand up on their own today. What do you reckon Gaf, all time classics or of their time?

I came to the Lucas Arts catalog much later in life. While I do think they are overrated, they hold up much better than those Sierra adventure games I grew up on.

YCoCg

From a time when adventure games were worth a dime. Nowadays it's all about muh feelings and agendas.

The Adventure genre really died with Sierra.
Check out the Deponia games.

I get excited about it, but then I remember they Monkey Island remakes/HD remaster and they sucked the soul out of the original games (worse animations, worse effects, etc...).
Only the first game, Secret, was bad since it was cheap and rushed. LeChucks Revenge remake was actually good outside of some character designs. LeChucks Revenge remake also has the best controller method of these games, the mouse rocker style was amazing to use.

Agent X

They are true classic that have endured the test of time.

Double Fine's remakes also enable you to toggle between the "original" and "updated" visuals at any time.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Check out the Deponia games.

Only the first game, Secret, was bad since it was cheap and rushed. LeChucks Revenge remake was actually good outside of some character designs. LeChucks Revenge remake also has the best controller method of these games, the mouse rocker style was amazing to use.
I was actually talking about LeChuck’s Revenge... from the fireplace scene, to meeting with Largo on the bridge, etc... lacks animations and details (the face of Guybrush held by his ankle screaming, the flickers light of the fire or lamps, etc...). Graphically wise I far far prefer the original.

YCoCg

I was actually talking about LeChuck’s Revenge... from the fireplace scene, to meeting with Largo on the bridge, etc... lacks animations and details (the face of Guybrush held by his ankle screaming, the flickers light of the fire or lamps, etc...). Graphically wise I far far prefer the original.
Ok, that's weird, you talk about missing animations, etc, when Secret cut the most, Guybrush is on ice skates in that version.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Ok, that's weird, you talk about missing animations, etc, when Secret cut the most, Guybrush is on ice skates in that version.

I am talking about the original originals, not either of the remakes :). I do not really like either of the remakes and yes as far as the remakes are concerned Secrets is the rushed out one I agree.

Top Bottom