• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasArts leaks PS3 Controller Re-design? (D-Pad + Left Stick Switch-aroo!)

gcubed

TheJollyCorner said:
:( yeah, I actually liked that design.

i agree... i wish we had the chance. I wasnt visiting GAF around the boomerang time, what was the reaction to the design? General hysteria and hate?

MercuryLS

Banned
DarkJediKnight said:
controller.jpg

Man, I really wish I could have held that thing. It looks so comfortable. Damn you Sony!

Bleh. I'd rather have the current design we have now.

Honestly they need to have a form factor close to that of the X360 pad with thinner handles, swap the analogue stick and d-pad and re-do the triggers (and the tops of the analogue sticks) so that they're concave.

That's it, it'd be an awesome controller. As of right now they have a good controller which is better than the DS2 (better analogue sticks with better sensitivity, and even though the triggers aren't the greatest it's still better than 4 shoulder buttons).

gcubed said:
i agree... i wish we had the chance. I wasnt visiting GAF around the boomerang time, what was the reaction to the design? General hysteria and hate?

Yes. I flipped out worse than anyone.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
If I remember correctly, the Batarang was the circumference of a regular ol' CD. My hands a smaller (I'm a short dood), that would have been awesome.

But the Batarang seems better with the dual analog the Dual Shock has, instead of switching the Analog stick and D-Pad

KTallguy

Banned
Add me to the list of people who love the current Dual shock design.
If they really switched them, I'd try it before passing judgement but I don't like the idea.

MercuryLS

Banned
DarkJediKnight said:
ps3con.jpg

So what do people think about this one? With the home button instead of the blue led.

I like the form factor (if it were smoothed out a bit), but I'd rather have the same buttons, analogue sticks, etc of the sixaxis

Gotta be fake.

If you stop a second and realize the DPad would be pretty much UNUSABLE the way the picture shows it at that position.

After all its not possible to HOLD the stupid thing with your thumb with that design. Can you even imagine trying to Dragon Punch and Hadouken with that design?

Goldrusher

MechDX said:
That pics reminds of how bad the L2 and R2 "triggers" are. Motorstorm s terrible because after two laps my fingers start sliding down and off the triggers.

Use the X & [] buttons instead.

shagg_187 said:
the problem with the boomerang controller is that the buttons and d-pad looks weird/uncomfortable regardless of how comfortable the controller is.
also there have been a number of attempts at pads where the d-pad and buttons weren't orthogonal, and they were pretty much unanimously hated.

Top Bottom