• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasfilm finally announces Star Wars for Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

He's got to do whatever it takes to keep his new boss happy.

ezYGgkS.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Gary Whitta actually came back to this thread to edit all these posts he made slamming the original trilogy changes after he was brought on to pen one of the new Star Wars films.
What on earth possessed you to actually check this?

terrisus

Gary Whitta actually came back to this thread to edit all these posts he made slamming the original trilogy changes after he was brought on to pen one of the new Star Wars films.

Hilarious.

Someone should do a compilation of all of the original posts where possible from quotes and such.

Ah, I forgot my prediction about 7 was also in this thread.

This is from when they were doing the films in 3D, so based on the proposed schedule, I estimated the first trailer in 2017.

jtb

Banned
haha that's great.

I think Gary's a shit writer but I can't blame him for covering his tracks lol. probably part of the job description.

antonz

Considering someone was sad enough to go back to a thread from 2010 to look I think Whitta doing what he did months ago is perfectly fine.

He is working on a Major star wars project now and doesn't need people suddenly stirring up shit. I mean why did people go back to a nearly 4 year old thread in the first place?

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Is this where we start a campaign to get Gary fired in exchange for the original films release?

It's pretty shady, but you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in the same position.

Still, lol.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Haha, Evilore should just look at the history of all the posts and edit them all back to their originals. Then lock the thread. (Sorry, Gary. :p)

He should have just left it alone, given the quotes mean he can't erase shit, but I don't blame him. If I had the chance to write a Star Wars film I'd sure as shit be covering my arse regarding anybprevious detrimental comments I made.

Gary should worry more about the video of his disturbing vision for the Jedi Academy. :lol

Considering someone was sad enough to go back to a thread from 2010 to look I think Whitta doing what he did months ago is perfectly fine.

He is working on a Major star wars project now and doesn't need people suddenly stirring up shit. I mean why did people go back to a nearly 4 year old thread in the first place?

Well then this is a perfect example of the Streisand Effect.

Solid points.

terrisus

Here we go:

I just want my original ROTJ ending with the original non-shitty Ewok victory music and non-shitty Hayden ghost Anakin.

Oh, and no Greedo shooting first, and no fucked-up Jabba's palace GGI musical number and (etc etc)

http://www.theblurayblog.com/2010/0...m-announces-6-film-star-wars-saga-on-blu-ray/

Is it too much to hope for these to include the original non-special edition cuts like the last DVD release did?

It's so amazing to me how their ability to create a living breathing Yoda seemed to actually decrease even as the tools at their disposal improved. I agree the CGI Yoda wasn't bad but the Ep I puppet was an abomination. Nothing comes close to the original though.

Sorry that honor still goes to Greedo shooting first.

Best way to improve it would be to remove it. I don't know why Lucas ever felt we needed two scenes practically back-to-back that serve almost exactly the same purpose.

Fox Mulder

What on earth possessed you to actually check this?

Crazy, but I remember him being a regular on the Tested podcast a few years ago and he was never shy to share his opinions on shitty star wars then.

I don't blame him, this is a dream job and he doesn't want some exec to over react from out of context truths from the heart.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Some Amir0x shit going down in here.

Im fairly sure there's a big difference between editing other peoples posts to try to win an argument and editing posts from years ago because you are being considered for a dream project so your new employer doesn't see the hostile negativity he had for parts of the property

With that said, the moral of the story is: if you need to wipe some posts and remove any trace, it's probably best to contact an admin instead of doing it yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom