• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasfilm finally announces Star Wars for Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

One of GAF makes it to the big leagues and everyone here is tripping over each other trying to drag him down as hard and fast as possible.

I have no doubt the GAF collective just chased off a great guy and soured him on this site forever.

Such a shitty thing to do. I'm disappointed.

I must agree with this.

I mean, I actually agree with all of his Star Wars opinions based on those quotes, but it is interesting that someone who has publicly badmouthed George Lucas, the prequels, the OT changes and The Clone Wars has been hired by the Star Wars people. An unprecedented turn of events.

Smellycat

Yeah, I have a feeling Gary is getting sacked if this blows up

I feel bad for him, but he really shouldn't have used his real name on forums. And people here shouldn't try to bring him down either.

Levi

Banned
I doubt his opinions on the prequels and such has changed. Like many people on this thread has said, he probably did this for job security. I agree with his opinions on Star Wars. And having good knowledge of past mistakes definitely would help on future decisions. I have no idea if he's gonna do a good job, but I'm pretty sure he'll do alot better than those prequels ever did.

His two produced scripts say otherwise.

And don't worry, defense force, if he gets fired it'll be because someone takes the time to read the script he turns in before they start filming, not because he said some dumb stuff on the internet. Hollywood isn't big on accountability.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I mean, I actually agree with all of his Star Wars opinions based on those quotes, but it is interesting that someone who has publicly badmouthed George Lucas, the prequels, the OT changes and The Clone Wars has been hired by the Star Wars people. An unprecedented turn of events.

You'd almost think there's an entirely new team in charge of Star Wars now.

Epcott

Seeing how press outlets like TMZ make sensationalist news over the most trivial thing, I can see why he deleted the posts (though it doesn't help that everyone is quoting him, heh).

I'm all for a long time passionate SW fan to write something cannon. It actually makes me anxious to see it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This ain't blowing up. Hopefully.

Unless the main media really cares about what the writer of the not-first Star Wars film of this decade wrote years ago in a kinda random forum.

I don't think they're that desperate.

entremet

Why? Because he's a fan and thought the same thing many of us thought? Give him a break, I'd have done the same if I was him. I'd hate if he stopped posting here altogether because of this. I didn't know he was a GAF'er, it's cool to have someone like him posting.

It's different when you're talking about people's money, though.

No idea if this would affect anything, but you can't blame him for being diligent.

Why? Because he's a fan and thought the same thing many of us thought? Give him a break, I'd have done the same if I was him. I'd hate if he stopped posting here altogether because of this. I didn't know he was a GAF'er, it's cool to have someone like him posting.

Because he admits to bootlegging Episodes 4-6 and tells George Lucas to go fuck himself.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The only amusing/notable thing here is his attempts to erase his perfectly valid opinions. I get the need to cover your ass, but you can't just wipe the slate clean when it comes to content you've posted on a public forum. If someone tried to call him out on his pre-edit posts they would have been (deservedly) shit on.

Shoulda just rolled with it, but hindsight and all that.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Because he admits to bootlegging Episodes 4-6 and tells George Lucas to go fuck himself.

Oh please, as if any SW fan with sense hadn't done that anyway (I mean telling Lucas to screw himself).

entremet

Does this forum exist to serve Gary Whitta's interests, now?

Mods have deleted threads before at the insistence of the OP. I'm guessing Gary didn't ask. This is not a new.

And what happened to forum camaraderie? What's with all this weird dog piling on a current member? I really don't like this antagonistic attitude toward other members in good standing.

Smellycat

Gary Whitta is a nice man. A handsome man. The perfect fit for writing the screenplay to the latest entry in a long-running movie series, whatever that may be.

TadkV.gif

CNN Report: Internet message board reveals screenwriter for new standalone Star Wars film didn't like recent edits to saga

We're going live to the Situation Room, Wolf what are the latest developments?

Toparaman

Banned
Here's what I think:
I think George Lucas still might have a say in Star Wars, and Gary Whitta wanted to cover his tracks just in case.

Seeing as he hates the prequels, is it so bad he's doing this? It's for the greater good. He's covering up his feelings for the prequels so that he can have a shot at making a good Star Wars film. Ends justify the means.

CNN Report: Internet message board reveals screenwriter for new standalone Star Wars film didn't like recent edits to saga

We're going live to the Situation Room, Wolf what are the latest developments?

You're joking, but that's exactly the kind of thing CNN covers on the regular.

Honestly though, is there a sane person out there who would use love of the prequels and SE edits as some sort of litmus test for a screenwriter's "worthiness" to take a stab at a Star Wars movie? George Lucas is not sane so he doesn't count.

I would take Gary being fired over this nonsense as a pretty awful sign for the future of Star Wars.

Gary Whitta is a nice man. A handsome man. The perfect fit for writing the screenplay to the latest entry in a long-running movie series, whatever that may be.

Bwahahaha. This just gets better and better. Now everyone that quoted you just needs to edit their posts and it will be like the whole thing never happened.

Here's what I think:
I think George Lucas still might have a say in Star Wars, and Gary Whitta wanted to cover his tracks just in case.

Seeing as he hates the prequels, is it so bad he's doing this? It's for the greater good. He's covering up his feelings for the prequels so that he can have a shot at making a good Star Wars film. Ends justify the means.

BbevMyB.jpg

Is there a sane person out there who would use love of the prequels and SE edits as some sort of litmus test for a screenwriter's "worthiness" to take a stab at a Star Wars movie? George Lucas is not sane so he doesn't count.

No.

Goodluck finding anyone old enough to write a screenplay that doesn't agree with Gary's posts in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom