• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumines: Electronic Symphony |OT| Shake Ya Body

jiggle

I'm probably playing wrong, but in the beginning I keep an empty screen and just rack up the easy 1000s and 10,000s that result from it.

yeah, it's great when you can keep it completely clear or all of 1 color
otherwise
it's better to have as much debris as you can manage
iirc anyway

zoku88

don't pay attention to the top of the leaderboards. mr. hexic will come in and get 100m and everyone else will be irrelevant from that perspective. just focus on the people on your own leaderboards :D

Amc65-4CIAEkvn8.jpg

Time to add the people who have been posting their PSNs in this thread so this dosen't look so depressingly lonely...

There must not be many people playing the game, looking at the rankings...

EDIT: Oh wow, does the Vita have a really low max pending friend invite limit?

What are some good strategies/tips? To be honest I'm not even sure I understand how the combo system works for points.

Total noob, started yesterday, max so far is a little over 100k.

Nert

I'm going to go through the thread later tonight and fill in any missing PSN/SEN/whatever IDs. If I've missed your's, let me know!

PSN: Palantiri

For those of you who are breaking 2+ million - are you basically only using your Vita for Lumines? I usually burn out after an hour or so but have been using my Vita for other games or videos so I have to quit the game. So far I have topped out at about 750K after an hour of play.

Getting my assed kicked on Master lvl 4. My favourite addition to the franchise thus far.

jony_m

Is anyone having an issue with the world block, I patched but seeing the same data as 2/22

edit: its back to "normal?"

IllumiNate

Reading through your posts convinced me to buy it! downloading now.
1st time playing a Lumines game but the demo sold me, and Dat MuziK!!!

What the shit is Total Score? I just put up my best score in any Lumines game I've ever played: 801,000. The leaderboard section claims my best Voyage score is 645,000, but my Total Score is 801,000. What the hell is that about? And screw the trophies in this game. Nothing seems to work right. I've played the hell out of this game the past two days and still dont have the Play For 3 Hours in a 24 Hour Span trophy.

LowTecky

psn: lowtecky
add me, i won't bite.

I just got ~650k in voyage but it wasn't uploaded to the leaderboards for some reason. Is this because I paused it and resumed the next day? No biggie, I will crack 7 digits soon enough :)

Kind of regret buying the physical copy of this, it's the perfect game to always have tied to your vita. I'm a little disappointed with the transitions between songs, and I think they could have done a much better job with the mixing in general. Still, Lumines has a very distinct style and they stayed true to it. Can't pretend I'm not having a blast with this. Uncharted is being neglected at the moment.

Kryptonic

I've never played a Lumines game but I'm loving this. Not very good though, think my high score is about 95k... Feel free to add me:

Kryptonic / Kryptonic83

hutna

Hard for me to justify the purchase when I only like 3 of the tracks in the game (Windowlicker, Moistly and Kelly Watch the Stars). Makes me wonder what some of the songs were that Q wanted to include but couldn't due to licensing issues. I would have been more keen if there was some Burial, Boards of Canada, Autechre, Squarepusher, cLOUDDEAD, Team Doyobi, Plaid, Cornelius, The Black Dog (I mean come on if this is some kind of "history of electronic music" and you don't have TBD Productions?), Detroit electro, Boom Bip, Buffalo Daughter, Caribou, Christ., YMO, Stereolab, Atom Heart, Four Tet, Clark, etc. I know they tried to get Krafwerk but couldn't (hard to have a "history of electronic music" without them); would be interested to know what else they tried to get but couldn't.

I guess I should be thankful there's an Aphex Twin song on there with the way it was described in that 1UP piece (Windowlicker is weird? It's like one of the most copied songs from a production stand point ever, and pretty mainstream electronic music if you ask me).

SRTtoZ

First time Lumines buyer/player and I LOVE IT. I didnt give it a chance for PSP, so while I was doing the B2G1 free deal on amazon I didnt know what else to get so I chose Lumines and WOW. This music, these graphics, everything flows perfectly and the puzzle game itself is highly addictive.

solarus

First time Lumines buyer/player and I LOVE IT. I didnt give it a chance for PSP, so while I was doing the B2G1 free deal on amazon I didnt know what else to get so I chose Lumines and WOW. This music, these graphics, everything flows perfectly and the puzzle game itself is highly addictive.

My first time too and i feel exactly the same way. Too bad I'm pretty terrible right now though :p.

Cartman86

Banned
Anyone else get frame-rate hitches occasionally? It might be because i'm mashing on the backtouch so much. Also I miss the lack of song previews when you are creating a playlist.

leng jai

Really want this - played the shit out of the iPhone and PSP versions. The price is really hard to stomach this time around though.

Troidal

Long time Lumines player here. I just went through all the skins in Voyage mode. High scores aside, it felt like it was much easier this time around. Maybe allowing us to use special powers has to do with it. I have to say though, I didn't like most of the skins/music, too much on dance/club music for my tastes? And ultimately I end up comparing it to Lumines 1, god, it's so hard to avoid comparing.

What the shit is Total Score? I just put up my best score in any Lumines game I've ever played: 801,000. The leaderboard section claims my best Voyage score is 645,000, but my Total Score is 801,000. What the hell is that about? And screw the trophies in this game. Nothing seems to work right. I've played the hell out of this game the past two days and still dont have the Play For 3 Hours in a 24 Hour Span trophy.

Believe it's the total score for all modes. Have you played the Stopwatch modes?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Long time Lumines player here. I just went through all the skins in Voyage mode. High scores aside, it felt like it was much easier this time around. Maybe allowing us to use special powers has to do with it. I have to say though, I didn't like most of the skins/music, too much on dance/club music for my tastes? And ultimately I end up comparing it to Lumines 1, god, it's so hard to avoid comparing.

what's your score. don't know what "easier" really means outside of that. the avatar abilities can be a bit cheesy at times but they're semi balanced by the fuckup block. these skins have a faster pace overall than in any other lumines too

Troidal

what's your score. don't know what "easier" really means outside of that. the avatar abilities can be a bit cheesy at times but they're semi balanced by the fuckup block. these skins have a faster pace overall than in any other lumines too

I got 680k, I just kinda let go after the first loop. What I meant by 'easy' is that, in previous games, it took most players to play it a couple of times to complete one loop, at least that's the impression I got. If you remember, getting from Shinin' to Lights in Lumines 1 was definitely not easy when you first play it.

But this one only took me the second try and completed the loop...I was a bit surprised...or maybe I just got used to the game. Of course, aiming for high score is going to be a different story, those aren't going to be easy obviously.

Are the skin transitions faster than the other Lumines? Maybe that's also why completing one loop felt short.

Finally beat Voyage mode with a score of ~570k. The last skin was intense; I'd died on it once before so I tried to go into it with the middle of the board as uncluttered as possible, but fast skins murder me so it was still difficult. Whew! I was very happy when "The Future of the Future" kicked back in.

Alchemy

Finally finished Uncharted and just picked this up. ADD ME!

striker42069lol

This game is destroying my brain. Its so good.

Alchemy

Also I wanted to say that the randomized block is pure genius. It basically acts like a hazard that we have to deal with so it doesn't mess up our towers and helps keep things interesting as well as being a possible 'oh shit' button. I've also been using my avatars power to help clean up the screen in tougher areas.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Someone already hit the max score. Time to start getting serious. I want dat max score.

I imagine it's actually pretty easy if you cheese the specials. Actually on further reflection I kinda hope they patch in a mode without them.

Nert

I imagine it's actually pretty easy if you cheese the specials. Actually on further reflection I kinda hope they patch in a mode without them.

That would be lovely. I actually haven't used the avatar abilities at all yet (messing with the touch screen while playing feels too distracting for me), but I'm sure that I'd have to at some point to further progress on the leaderboard.

IllumiNate

Game is incredible, but man I need practice. My best score is like 57k,
any new players feel free to add me up so we can get better competing at eachothers scores.
PSN in profile

Alchemy

Game is incredible, but man I need practice. My best score is like 57k,
any new players feel free to add me up so we can get better competing at eachothers scores.
PSN in profile

I just hit 170k on my first time booting up the game, had the pause it and sleep my vita so my brain can cool down before going to bed.

I played the first one a little too much...

Apath

My max score is ~500k. TBH I could probably go higher, but I start to get bored sitting there playing for so long. I must have been playing for over an hour straight when I got that score.

Tain

I have no clue what the developers were thinking with the avatar ability recharge. Like, I'm dumbstruck. What good reason could there possibly be to include this ability?

Someone already hit the max score. Time to start getting serious. I want dat max score.

:/

Did anybody ever counter-stop Lumines 2?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I have no clue what the developers were thinking with the avatar ability recharge. Like, I'm dumbstruck. What good reason could there possibly be to include this ability?

Seems like a cute idea if you don't really think about it?

tusken77

Definitely worth listening to the 8-4 Play podcast this week. James Mielke talks for an hour about the creation of the game. Very interesting stuff.

Top Bottom