• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyin' Ted Cruz crawls groveling back, endorses Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

A GOP that turns from Trump and turns toward Cruz is somehow SOMEHOW the only thing worse than just embracing Trump. Cruz isn't JUST a stupid greedy bigot. He is also evil.

Well that maybe true. But I meant it's a damn shame that the GOP won't learn anything not that they won't embrace Cruz. I'll take neither for $200 Alex.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
One Trump to rule them all. One Trump to find them,
One Trump to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Both parties do this. Bernie spent his whole campaign talking about how unfit Hillary is for presidency. When it was clear he was out he gave her his endorsement. I do understand that the circumstances are a little different though.
"a little different"?

No.

This isn't even on the same plane of existence as Bernie endorsing Hillary.

jay

The joke is on people who thought Cruz didn't endorse Trump for any reason other than calculated, personal advancement. He may be adjusting the execution of his Ted Cruz first policy, nothing more.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Well that maybe true. But I meant it's a damn shame that the GOP won't learn anything not that they won't embrace Cruz. I'll take neither for $200 Alex.

Werd. My HOPE was that Trump would lose but they would magically absorb his slightly less homophobic ways going forward.

Cyan

Banned
Good. Glad he's tying himself to a brand that means being a pathetic loser. This guy is actually more odious than Trump, so the more damage he does to himself before the next election, the better.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wait WHAT

I don't think I ever expected this to happen. Hahah wow.

Good. Glad he's tying himself to a brand that means being a pathetic loser. This guy is actually more odious than Trump, so the more damage he does to himself before the next election, the better.

Even if we get a President Trump, we dodged a President Cruz, which would be 10x worse honestly.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

lol. ¡Bueno!

Armaros

Both parties do this. Bernie spent his whole campaign talking about how unfit Hillary is for presidency. When it was clear he was out he gave her his endorsement. I do understand that the circumstances are a little different though.

Did Bernie go to the DNC convention and say to vote your conscious (aka anyone but Hillary) and then seeminly go back to endorse her later?

No, he endorsed her forthrightly and with conviction.

Cranster

Banned
Did Bernie go to the DNC convention and say to vote your conscious (aka anyone but Hillary) and then seeminly go back to endorse her later?

No, he endorsed her forthrightly and with conviction.
Let alone he stated she is qualified to run for president unlike the GOP frontrunners.

shamanick

This came up a bit on Keepin it 1600 (though in regards to Kasich), so to basically parrot their point: what the fuck can Priebus do? Especially after this year cycle, when he proved quite publicly that he has absolutely no influence over the primary process?

I'm guessing Priebus can threaten something seriously enough for old Teddy Bear to compromise his "principles" (feel dirty just typing that). I would guess that it's some type of superdelegate system, or money.

tuxfool

Banned
Does he really expect people to respect him after this? Grovellers don't really inspire others, just what does he gain from it?

Blader

There's a world of difference between attacking someone's professional qualifications for a job and attacking their family.

"a little different"?

No.

This isn't even on the same plane of existence as Bernie endorsing Hillary.

"A little different" lol

Bernie railed against Hillary's policies, until she moved left enough that he could support her as a nominee

Trump and Cruz fought about their dicks and brought their wives and families into the whole mess

shamanick

Does he really expect people to respect him after this. Grovellers don't really inspire others.

For all the people who are talking about brand damage, think back on the past year in the GOP and ask yourself honestly if Republican voters really give a fuck.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So dumb. Trump has no history with the Republican party, and after he loses the general he'll disappear from the party within weeks. Two years from now during mid-terms Republicans are going to be falling over themselves to get distance from the Trump era.

Might as well start distancing yourself now.

For all the people who are talking about brand damage, think back on the past year in the GOP and ask yourself honestly if Republican voters really give a fuck.

We'll dig our way out!

geestack

he's probably spooked by the threat that rinse pubis made about not supporting future republican presidential nominees unless they came out and publicly supported trump.

maybe cruz felt like he was a man with no nation. trump ate his lunch about being the "outsider" candidate, and he's well-hated by the "establishment" GOP especially everyone he has to work with in the senate. cruz has a tea party base and the majority voted for trump in the primary.

I had one tiny shred of respect for Ted Cruz when he refused to endorse Trump because that orange human dildo made vicious personal attacks on Cruz's family. I guess I overestimated that piece of shit. Lyin' Ted is a fitting name.

Between this and Hillary actually being sick, is the very fabric of reality siding with Trump just to mess with us? Fuck you reality.

So dumb. Trump has no history with the Republican party, and after he loses the general he'll disappear from the party within weeks. Two years from now during mid-terms Republicans are going to be falling over themselves to get distance from the Trump era.

Might as well start distancing yourself now.

This flip-flop to me signals that the GOP is starting to believe that Trump might actually win.

Iksenpets

Banned
I'm genuinely surprised.

Maybe he's convinced Trump will certainly win?

I think his concern is actually that Trump will lose but only by a small amount. A Hillary landslide Cruz can paint as "I told you so!". A close election becomes "Trump could've done it if Cruz hadn't stabbed him in the back!"

The funniest thing will be if he does this today only for Trump to bomb the debates on Monday. It seems insane to not at least wait a week and avoid that possibility.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Let me try and spin it Trump style.

"So big news today, huge, and let me just say on the campaign trail, you know, we really go after each other, that's how its always been, believe me. And we might have had our disagreements in the past...now, now, you know, I think it is absolutely wonderful that Ted Cruz wants to also make America Great Again, and I think Fightin' Ted is a better name now, don't you agree? Fightin' Ted and I are gonna take it to Crooked Hillary in the rigged debates on Monday and we're gonna make America Great Again! Thank you!"

zethren

Banned
Fucking stupid.

I had no respect for him before, but somewhere deep down I was hoping he would hold strong against this madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom