• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyin' Ted Cruz crawls groveling back, endorses Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's crazy to me that he thinks he could get the nomination in 2020.

I guess only the Bush family has the political clout to go against the RNC on their own.

Nepenthe

How spineless do you have to be to walk back on not endorsing this guy because he attacked your family after months? Christ.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wait guys

what if

WHAT IF

Trump holds a big press conference, Ted gets up on stage-

"You know I said to vote your conscience at the convention. I said I would not be backing Trump. Well, I'm still not, you stupid bastards. What the hell is wrong with all of you."

*walks off stage*

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Wait guys

what if

WHAT IF

Trump holds a big press conference, Ted gets up on stage-

"You know I said to vote your conscience at the convention. I said I would not be backing Trump. Well, I'm still not, you stupid bastards. What the hell is wrong with all of you."

*walks off stage*

I would write-in Cruz on Election Day.

I wouldn't.

kribz

Too many people to respond to. The point I was trying to make is no matter how the game is played during the primaries these candidates tend to fall in with their perspective parties. I know that Trump made remarks again Cruz's wife. I know that Bernie constantly talked about Hillary's policy differences (special interest..etc). I obviously see that there is a difference. Didn't think my comment would cause agitation. Not my intention

theres-a-problem-with-a-common-theory-about-donald-trump-and-ted-cruz.jpg

xandaca

What an absolute wally if true. The one thing about him which seemed to signal some degree of integrity - humanity, even - and he's going to throw it all away for... some reason? Wait and see if it actually comes to pass, I suppose, but yikes if so.

And there goes the tiny modicum of my respect he gained by refusing to endorse him before
Exactly.

If trump looses Cruz would've made the wisest decision he's ever made in his political career. He'll be able to boast forever that he saw Trump's failure from the beginning and called him out for it. He'd score major points.

He'll throw all that out if he changes his mind.

jmood88

Both parties do this. Bernie spent his whole campaign talking about how unfit Hillary is for presidency. When it was clear he was out he gave her his endorsement. I do understand that the circumstances are a little different though.
Hillary didn't personally go after his wife and parents.

smurfx

get some go again
please let him endorse and have the trump camp give a very lukewarm reception to the endorsement. i think trump would definitely humiliate him. the best scenario would be trump promising a big reception and instead rejecting his endorsement and pretty much ending him.

sphagnum

Banned
I don't understand what he hopes to gain unless he thinks Trump is actually going to win. His refusal to endorse could have put him at the head of a "real conservative" flank or at least let him go down in history as the "principled" one. What a coward.

Lubricus

"Cruz has nothing to gain from this, and everything to lose," said Cruz's Iowa Co-Chair Joel Kurtinitis in a message to NPR. "His brand is based on principled resistance. Submissive conformity to Trump — a man who personally slandered Cruz's family and hasn't apologized — just cements Trump as the unopposed alpha in the GOP and hangs Cruz's conservative resistance out to dry."

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/23/495211893/after-bitter-primary-fight-ted-cruz-to-back-donald-trump

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
He probably got spooked from priebus saying there would be retribution for not endorsing and signing that promise note

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
This is perfect, he won't be able to use the 'I was the only one who stood up to trump' card in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom