• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
Tell me when Nividia made a gaming console chip? I think it's gonna be amd man. I know people want Nividia PC graphic but I just don't see it anywhere. Lots of fingers point to amd.
Such as? I don't care either way, have a small preference for AMD because it would make porting slightly easier. I believe it will be Nvidia because we have had multiple credible sources say that it is Nvidia. It's the AMD talk that appears to be a complete pipe dream.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-mobile-games-machine-powered-by-nvidia-tegra

Lutherian

Lutherian

Cu5XeinW8AAFGLO.jpg

I love it ^^

Here's for you :
This week, I don't know when, Nintendo will announce something and started contacting their partners.

This tweet is just a french translation of this tweet from WSJ (by Takashi Mochizuki)

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/787586221744590848

William Audureau works at LeMonde.fr for the Pixels section. LeMonde is like Times.

So is the bolded saying the first tweet is just repeating the speculative tweet from Takashi, or did Will actually hear something new? Since that's far from what Takashi said.

Charamiwa

Banned
Here's for you :
This week, I don't know when, Nintendo will announce something and started contacting their partners.

This tweet is just a french translation of this tweet from WSJ (by Takashi Mochizuki)

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/787586221744590848

William Audureau works at LeMonde.fr for the Pixels section. LeMonde is like Times.

William's tweet isn't a translation, he's just adding to Takashi's tweet saying he heard things about an announcement soon. He doesn't know if it's this week.

I'd tend to believe him, Le Monde is pretty serious, and I doubt he'd be the kind of guy who would start fake rumors on twitter for kicks

Oregano

Nah, it's not close enough to be a translation, or a pretty poor one in case of the latter.

William's tweet isn't a translation, he's just adding to Takashi's tweet saying he heard things about an announcement soon. He doesn't know if it's this week.

I'd tend to believe him, Le Monde is pretty serious, and I doubt he'd be the kind of guy who would start fake rumors on twitter for kicks

If that's the case then it might be worthy of its own thread. Might be worth checking with a mod first?

FZZ

Banned
Technically those tweets serve the exact same purpose as this thread

And they're saying the exact same things too

Idk, just seems like it'll get more people's hopes up

I'm still leaning more towards hearing about it at the investor meeting when Nintendo HAS to at least mention the NX

But as of right now an announcement next week is looking more likely. 5th year anniversary of Nintendo Directs would be a good place and time to do it at too

Snakeyes

If that's the case then it might be worthy of its own thread. Might be worth checking with a mod first?

I would just add the le Monde tweet to the OP and edit the title.

But damn, if next week is accurate, then the $300-350 launch price might be accurate as well, and that's not a good look for something that will have more in common with a Nintendo handheld than a home console. That price tag is pushing it even for a home console, let alone one that is barely in the same ballpark as the XB1 spec-wise.

Malus

Welp, gotta cancel my wedding, job interview, trip to France, my interview on the Tonight Show, and my big debut concert to camp out for NX news. It'll all be worth it.

The only reason I am somewhat hopeful we'll hear something this week is because of the investors meeting next week. It just seems crazy to me that they will go into that will nothing. They need to sell these guys on what their plans are. Vague "system with no name and one thats a port of a WiiU game coming in march. Trust us we aren't lying we swear" isn't good enough.

Oregano

Technically those tweets serve the exact same purpose as this thread

And they're saying the exact same things too

Idk, just seems like it'll get more people's hopes up

I'm still leaning more towards hearing about it at the investor meeting when Nintendo HAS to at least mention the NX

But as of right now an announcement next week is looking more likely. 5th year anniversary of Nintendo Directs would be a good place and time to do it at too

Fair enough, can you edit the title or do we need to contact a mod?

Snakeyes

Even though they say they are not competing directly against PS4 or XBox One they truly are. Between PS4 Pro release in November and Scorpios release next fall they are really stuck between a rock and a hard place. They would be wise to release it in March so they don't have to go directly against the Scorpios release schedule. Of course release when the software is done and all, but if they don't have a lot of software built up for release by now the NX will be finished before it has started.
At some point you have to make a move. The competition will always have something around to maintain consumer interest. If it's not being overshadowed by PSVR it's by the PS4 Pro. If it's December, then you risk being overshadowed by PlayStation Experience and the holiday season. If it's Spring then it'll be GDC. If it's summer then it's E3. If it's after E3, well, hungry Microsoft will start their aggressive Scorpio marketing blitz. Oh, and you don't want to be overshadowed by the Apple and Google announcements that are sprinkled throughout the year.

Enough already. Nintendo launched the Wii right in the PS3's face with no fucks given. If they really are basing their marketing schedule around any competing announcements that might draw some attention away from them, then it really doesn't inspire confidence in the NX as a product.

They'll have to address it in their investors meeting,
Last time they said launching next year more info this year.

If anything changed we will know soon enough

FZZ

Banned
Fair enough, can you edit the title or do we need to contact a mod?

Updated OP and edited the title in the advanced editing option

PM'd Mandrake so hopefully he responds and changes it so it shows up on the Gaming Discussion page when you click the link. If not can any of you redirect me to a mod who can update the thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom