• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I won't be surprised if the NX announcement falls into next year, but, like... what is Nintendo doing? This can't have been their original plan, right? To go well over two years (since E3 2014) with barely any new high-profile games announced? I really hope the story of the NX's development comes out at some point.

Oregano

That would mean he was joking when he said 8GB?

If you're right, he's most likely expecting something like 2GB, in which case he's the one to be laughed at (especially since I said "more likely."

RAM is the one thing Nintendo hasn't been skimping on.

At this point, I won't be surprised if the NX announcement falls into next year, but, like... what is Nintendo doing? This can't have been their original plan, right? To go well over two years (since E3 2014) with barely any new games announced? I really hope the story of the NX's development comes out at some point.

All according to Keikaku.

Nintendo is incompetent and/or mobile happened.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The 26th.
Just for clarification.

Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release

October 26 following the closing auction of the market (TSE/JPX) at 03:15 PM JST.

Corresponds to Pacific Daylight Time:

t1477462500z4.png

A news conference in conjunction with the release is likely.

Nintendo's FY 2016 Corporate Management Policy Briefing / Second Quarter Financial Results Briefing

Tentatively scheduled for October 27, 09:00 - 10:00 AM JST.

Corresponds to Pacific Daylight Time:

t1477530000z4.png

The announcement of NX being released in 2017 was made during a news conference.

I know my Super Bowl theory has been laughed out of this thread... but if the reveal doesn't happen next week leading up to this investor meeting, then when will it happen?

M-PG71C

Why the hell are we considering 10K again as a legitimate source?

I'm in the belief that the NX is a toaster that can play GB games at this point.

MuchoMalo

Banned

Oregano

I trust you're aware the 3DS isn't a console, so I'm not sure why you seem to believe that's an equal comparison. Unless you believe that comparing the Wii U to its direct competitors isn't fair, for whatever reason?

The point is that it's a meaningless comparison. 8GB of RAM would be pointless on the Wii U. 2GB was more than enough, especially when you consider it had a 32MB cache of EDRAM(same as XBONE). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Really. HSA is a CPU-GPU hw/sw infrastructure which allows for quick turnaround of tasks between the CPU and the GPU. The fact AMD planned at one stage to have a lineup of HSA APUs with x86 and ARM with compatible pins (project Skybridge, eventually abandoned) does not relate HSA in any shape or form to x86-ARM interoperability.

I told him that already. He just really wants to be an insider at this point and can't accept that he's being lied to, so I just let it go.
It's outright sad at this point. It's like watching pedestrians drop coins to a street "violinist" who's actually playing concerto recordings from his ipod attached to a loudspeaker, while holding an electric violin and clumsily mimicking the motions (the instrument is muted, of course, as the guy couldn't play a tone). We've had those in droves here.

The point is that it's a meaningless comparison. 8GB of RAM would be pointless on the Wii U. 2GB was more than enough, especially when you consider it had a 32MB cache of EDRAM(same as XBONE). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's the exact point I made. It's only sufficient by comparison to how underpowered the console is. It's not meaningless in a grander sense as it's directly reflective of the Wii U's weak nature. And given the system's failure in the marketplace, I'm not sure that's a point to be commended.

The Wii U's my favorite system this gen.

That's the exact point I made. It's only sufficient by comparison to how underpowered the console is. And given the failure of the Wii U, I'm not sure that's a point to be commended.

The Wii U's my favorite system this gen.

NX is handheld first. That should be taken into account. That's part of the point

It means nothing. Nintendo's only mentioned because of Wii U. There are going to be YouTube videos calling this official confirmation though.

Yep, that's all. It's because of Wii and Wii U.
You already know SMD is making a video that will say "this is even more evidence that NX is using AMD".

NX is handheld first. That should be taken into account. That's part of the point

The specific point I was addressing was "recent systems." And sure, if you want to treat consoles in a vacuum, then everything about the Wii U was adequate.

As for the NX, we don't know anything concrete about it, so it's kind of silly to speculate at all in this manner. But regardless, if it is indeed a handheld first, then it the Xbox and PS4 may still not be direct competitors. But we really won't know until we see the thing

Of course. All Nintendo devices since GameCube had a good amount of ram relative to performance.

At least the GameCube was in the same ballpark of the competitors hardware wise. Being impressed by the Wii for its RAM is like being impressed by how much memory my fridge has. Yes, it's a lot for what the system's capable of, but if the system isn't capable of much otherwise...

LordKano

So the current big speculation is that it's gonna be announced next week ? I stopped following the news since mid-september.

I hope the event will be full of game reveal.

A ballpark Wii U powered handheld with an Android based OS for mobile integration and detachable controllers. Packaged with a Chromecast style HDMI WiFi dongle to beam an image to a TV Screen.

Why is it taking Nintendo so long to announce this device? They are waiting for the games, of course. Both for the handheld and mobile games which will interact with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom