• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

2 more hours until it's Monday in Japan.

I'd want the announcement ASAP but, if nothing happens this week. At least the week after is the financial briefing.

If they're going to reveal it this week then they need to announce it by tomorrow the latest.

If there's no announcement on Monday then I'll assume they won't talk about NX until the Investors Meeting, which is lame unless it's going to be delayed.

Charamiwa

Banned
My account just got activated, so I thought I'd just go to the nearest NX thread to tell you guys it's been a pleasure to follow the NX madness from here. Feels like we're all on the same boat.

Peru

If they're going to reveal it this week then they need to announce it by tomorrow the latest.

If there's no announcement on Monday then I'll assume they won't talk about NX until the Investors Meeting, which is lame unless it's going to be delayed.

Not if it's just a direct. Could reveal wednesday that they're doing a direct Friday, with media hands-on event following next week.

Retrobox

My account just got activated, so I thought I'd just go to the nearest NX thread to tell you guys it's been a pleasure to follow the NX madness from here. Feels like we're all on the same boat.

Well this is a nice post. But the ride is about to be over very soon methinks.

Not if it's just a direct. Could reveal wednesday that they're doing a direct Friday, with media hands-on event following next week.
I hate that I might be at work and won't get to see it live.

I don't think they'll do it Friday since it would be after business hours for Japan. Thursday makes the most sense since that's when they do Directs.

I should clarify and say it's pretty much the weekend Friday for Japan.

does Nintendo announce directs on Mondays or do they wait til later in the week?
They usually announce them on Tuesdays and sometimes Wednesdays. The 3DS Direct we had in September I believe was Wednesday.

My bad. The 3DS Direct was announced on Tuesday. They've announced them on Wednesday mornings before I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The press release regarding Wii's successor system was published on April 25, 2011. What time I don't know, but that was a Monday.

The press release regarding Nintendo 3DS was published on March 23, 2010. That was a Tuesday.

Just posting for reference. If a press release or a Nintendo Direct announcement regarding Nintendo's new game system will appear soon next week I don't know. An early announcement could however potentially give institutional investors, securities analysts and members of the media some time to prepare good questions for the IR events on October 26/27.

AAMARMO

Banned
If you're expecting the same amount as current systems I don't know why you laughed...

6GB is more likely, but even that would be fine assuming 2GB for the OS.

Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif

MuchoMalo

Banned

Still assuming a hybrid, LPDDR4 is expensive. I know that as of Spring this year, 8GB (2x4GB) would have cost around $50. Wii U's RAM cost around $10 at launch, so even $30-40 is a stretch if that's what it costs now. 4GB or 6GB is what you should expect. 8GB is on the high end.

Oregano

Still assuming a hybrid, LPDDR4 is expensive. I know that as of Spring this year, 8GB (2x4GB) would have cost around $50. Wii U's RAM cost around $10 at launch, so even $30-40 is a stretch if that's what it costs now. 4GB or 6GB is what you should expect. 8GB is on the high end.

Something tells me he's laughing at how high you said, not low.

PS NX ain't getting announced this week folks, stop getting hyped for nothing.

Clefargle

I still believe guys, it will happen eventually. Nintendo trains us to be mosochists and wait forever. I'm good whenever they decide to drop it.

Boy oh boy... Folks certainly do seem pretty certain that next week is going to show something meaningful. I have a feeling this is just going to be another bust.

Boy oh boy... Folks certainly do seem pretty certain that next week is going to show something meaningful. I have a feeling this is just going to be another bust.
Just like when people were saying we would get no info at the April Investors Meeting?

Yeah, Kimishima is clearly the type of person who likes to talk to Investors over his consumers. We're going to get info from him on what the NX is at the Investors Meeting at the latest. He said he would talk about specs and what NX is this year.

The wii U also had a chunky bit of exotic edram in the gpu so not necessarily fair to say the wii u ram was only 10 bucks

Just like when people were saying we would get no info at the April Investors Meeting?

Yeah, Kimishima is clearly the type of person who likes to talk to Investors over his consumers. We're going to get info from him on what the NX is at the Investors Meeting at the latest. He said he would talk about specs and what NX is this year.

Denial aint just a river in Egypt, my man.

Ease your pain. Go the distance.

GamerJM

Banned
Denial aint just a river in Egypt, my man.

Ease your pain. Go the distance.

I don't get what he's supposed to be denying. To me the idea that Nintendo will announce info about the NX at the investor's meeting seems like the most logical conclusion. It's coming 2017, they haven't said anything about it all year, they said they would give more info on it later this year. The whole "they've delayed the announcement to January," thing seems possible but the evidence for it being true seems flimsy.

Seriously, it just seems like illogical negativity has taken over in these NX topics now that people have grown tired of waiting. People think it'll never come because it feels like it's been forever and it hasn't come yet. But the truth is it has to be announced at some point eventually, or it'll be canceled. One or the other. But Nintendo isn't going to literally stay radio silent forever.

I'm willing to bet imaginary money that the NX will be officially cancelled next week and the Mini Virtual Boy announced to fill the March 2017 release date.

J@hranimo

Banned
Soooooo I'll just believe that we won't hear anything until the briefing, that way I don't get disappointed if nothing happens this week.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Something tells me he's laughing at how high you said, not low.

PS NX ain't getting announced this week folks, stop getting hyped for nothing.

That would mean he was joking when he said 8GB?

If you're right, he's most likely expecting something like 2GB, in which case he's the one to be laughed at (especially since I said "more likely."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom