• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Really? Back to AMD then?

I'm not really into vendors war, i'm more interested into the other characteristics of NX(hybrid yes/no, if there's a handheld it plays the same games of home yes/no, what gimmick it has and so on).

I googled FF6 remake and all that came up was the iOS port.
I think some guy on Neogaf a while back mentioned FFVI Remake might be coming and I think it was said it was coming to a Nintendo system.

Idk the exact story, but it was something like that. I think this guys name was Verendus and he mentioned other games to Sonys system that could be coming.

Maybe, someone here who knows better can say.

So, we're back to a PS4 Pro level machine that plays everything, is super easy to develop for, has loads of third party support and launches at a reasonable price?

I'm starting to think the NX isn't real, and this is just a psychological experiment. We're being watched, and someone is laughing.

I think some guy on Neogaf a while back mentioned FFVI Remake might be coming and I think it was said it was coming to a Nintendo system.

Idk the exact story, but it was something like that. I think this guys name was Verendus and he mentioned other games to Sonys system that could be coming.

Verendus is well-known for being a Sony insider. He also claimed a Xenosaga HD Collection is coming, but really that can't happen anywhere but on NX since I think even Harada himself confirmed he wants the original team for it. Just saying. :p

Kouriozan

Found a topic

Is Nintendo getting the (alleged) Final Fantasy 6 remake?

And this

Nomura wants more Final Fantasy remakes — but not from the PlayStation era

ggx2ac

I'm not really into vendors war, i'm more interested into the other characteristics of NX(hybrid yes/no, if there's a handheld it plays the same games of home yes/no, what gimmick it has and so on).

The only reason there's a "vendor war" is because if Nintendo uses Nvidia, then the hybrid rumour is true and the NX is considered "weak" due to using a Tegra.

If the rumours stated that NX was powered by a GTX 1080, no one would be having this "vendor war", they'd be rejoicing over having a system more powerful than the competition so they can brag about it with their massive ego.

Koozek

I googled FF6 remake and all that came up was the iOS port.

http://neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216289050&postcount=109

spekkeh

Banned
Please ignore: this article was from 2015.
Still, might tell you how much Macquarie really knows.
Takahashi at WSJ:

Macquarie now says they increasingly believe NX to release this year

But, Nintendo says they will disclose information on NX next year.

“We are increasingly of the idea that Nintendo might launch the NX in 2016 because of the softness of 3DS and Wii U,” said David Gibson, an analyst at Macquarie Capital Securities.

A Nintendo spokeswoman said the company plans to disclose details of NX next year.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-begins-distributing-software-kit-for-new-nx-platform-1444996588

Oh boy.
What new fresh hell of fuckery is this.

What's so funny about 10k's rumors? He said he spoke to the developers with the first set in red font.
Just because the person says he did, doesn't mean he actually did. Or even if he did believe to talk to developers, doesn't mean it was actually developers. Or even if it was developers, doesn't mean they were credible. That last part you could say about credible sources too, but the thing is, they actually have something to lose. That's why they make as sure as possible that their sources aren't total bullshit.

10k doesn't have any credibility whatsoever. He doesn't have anything to lose.

Oregano

Takahashi at WSJ:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-begins-distributing-software-kit-for-new-nx-platform-1444996588

Oh boy.

Lmao NX to release this year and details of what the NX is next year??

Edit. I saw the article was from 2015 lol

That probably merits its own thread considering its from a reputed source...

lol Analysts are idiots, think devs can make games in two months?

EDIT: Wait its David Gibson Aka Gibbogame? He generally seemed to be in the know in regards to Nintendo.
The article is from 2015

spekkeh

Banned
That probably merits its own thread considering its from a reputed source...

lol Analysts are idiots, think devs can make games in two months?
Yeah that spoiler was why I didn't make a new thread, it's still Macquarie and this is the Macquarie thread. But launching the SDK and the Nintendo spokesperson might?

ASIS

Takahashi at WSJ:

Oh boy.

Even though this piece of info is completely not insane, I can't put my finger on it. But I feel like something is off.

But yeah, completely not illogical and perfectly sound.

NX really IS the NES mini isn't it? :(

Edit: you got me good spekkeh

The latter isn't so unlikely, I recall LCGeek, having apparently leaked Wii U's CPU or whatever before, apparently said NX has slightly better CPU than the regular PS4 and XBO.

PS4 CPU is weak so the rumor that NX CPU is more powerful is believable. GPU will likely be slower than PS4s.

10k rumors are a joke, he has been fooled by his "sources".

Verendus is well-known for being a Sony insider. He also claimed a Xenosaga HD Collection is coming, but really that can't happen anywhere but on NX since I think even Harada himself confirmed he wants the original team for it. Just saying. :p
When did he say a Xeonsaga HD collection might come? That would be a day 1 purchase for me!

So he did hear from second hand one of the games on the list is coming to Nintendo. And look at how Square is talking about FFVI.

It would make so much sense for Nintendo to get FFVIR for NX.

So, we're back to a PS4 Pro level machine that plays everything, is super easy to develop for, has loads of third party support and launches at a reasonable price?

I'm starting to think the NX isn't real, and this is just a psychological experiment. We're being watched, and someone is laughing.
Yup, the Nintendo fanboyz dream is back again!!

Best system ever for a low price, with amazing Nintendo games and lot's of third parties!!1

AAMARMO

Banned
Got exclusive 10k leaks.
FAKE
Cu4giqaW8AEo66-.jpg

guit3457

Calling it now. This will be an asymmetric launch:

December 2016: - Home console form in USA/EU
- Handheld form in Japan

March 2017: - Home console in Japan
- Handheld in USA/EU

"NX will have ALL your favorite japanese third parties. Vanquish 2? Yea its happening alongside a 1080p/60fps version of Vanquish 1, hold dat PC Master Race ayy lmao. FF6 remake oh my GOD fam! Zero Suit Samus will pop out of the game and literally suck your dick, and then hand you a copy of the new 2D Metroid. Everything will be amazing and 60fps(including the new 3D Zelda), can't wait for ya'll to see it in March!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom