• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 07 PC - Superior Madden? EA podcast inside.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
I left the league because I traded my Xbox for a 360 and my PS2 is on its last leg. So when the 360 version was crap, I was stuck. This year I am going 360 no matter what, I need my football!!!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
either way, its the clash of the eagles between me and you! Dont worry, ill make sure Donovan has a good game just for you :)

bluemax

Banned
ps2/pc I'm in (I have a quiz section on Fridays and nothing else so that day should be nice and free).

360 I'm out (way too broke from buying a new laptop and I gotta save for a Wii/DS games).

CB3

Mrbob said:
I truly believe the 360 version will be much improved this year, and worthy of supporting a league.

I just reeeeeeeeeeaaallly hope they delt with the lag. that KILLED online play in 06 on the 360

CB when i played icedragon the last time the lag wasn't TOO bad until the 4th quarter. not sure why.

anyhow for those interested in league that have never played before don't get TOO excited, it is a sizeable commitment depending on your schedule. i see you say fridays are "free" for you blue. odds are you will have to be available more than just friday to be a successful member of the league

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
CB when i played icedragon the last time the lag wasn't TOO bad until the 4th quarter. not sure why.

You must have got lucky with that game.

Oh yeah, i REALLY hope DM and me can connect. :lol :lol :lol Uno didnt seem to like us in the same room very much

Or table tennis for that matter

bluemax

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

anyhow for those interested in league that have never played before don't get TOO excited, it is a sizeable commitment depending on your schedule. i see you say fridays are "free" for you blue. odds are you will have to be available more than just friday to be a successful member of the league

Well I kinda figure it's a pipe dream for me. What is the time committment normally like?

time commitment usually isn't outlandish. we have about a 4 day period you can play games in. so if week 1 starts on monday, it will need to be finished by friday afternoon when week 2 starts.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
So ... uh, yeah, I'm not nearly as tenured here as many of you fellas, but if I can play in a 360 league this year, that would be great! I love my Bucs, but it seems likely that DM would have them, so if I could play as the Cardinals and you guys would have me --- I'm in!

31 yrs old, steady job, wife, kid + another on the way --- so yeah, I'm not likely to flake out and be missing for weeks at a time. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If we have a league that Bob is in, I don't want to be matched up against him.

I pwn him and all, but he can NEVER play. I'd rather avoid the hassle!

Mrbob

Wellington said:
If we have a league that Bob is in, I don't want to be matched up against him.

I pwn him and all, but he can NEVER play. I'd rather avoid the hassle!

:lol

We are playing at least 3 times in season 1!

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can have the bucs. i heard DM is jumping ship to the steelers this year
Ohhhh ... don't tease me, FMT. :)

I'd be happy with either team ... what kind of restrictions/rules do you guys use? Do we just use the default rosters with no depth chart changes, or are we free to put our favorite players in starting positions (or make sure that Cadillac/Edge isn't coming out on 3rd downs)?

EDIT: Anyone else get in on that pre-order deal at the EA Store where they had the 360 HoF Edition listed as $39.99? I checked today, and the price is back to $69.99, but my order has not been altered. Quick fingers ftw?!

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Don't worry buddy, the Eagles will be overrated just like last year, and the year before, and the year before.
Well you actually got to see the game and some of the rating do you remember some at hand?

DCX

Hunter D

If the Eagles got an 80 rating I would be ok with it, but 85 or above would be ridiculous. I would be really upset if their overrated corner Sheppard was rated higher than 85.

he said he will take the seahawks too if needed. he only likes superbowl teams now. who does he root for in the superbowl? "whoever wins!" (his words, not mine)

i will sue you for suing me! my lawyer?

styoungret2.jpg

that's right! if he hadn't played football he was going into law! now his dream will finally be realized. i am going to sue you, the buccaneers, the starter of this thread, all participants in this thread, neo-gaf, and espn!

Gunstar77

Hunter D said:
If the Eagles got an 80 rating I would be ok with it, but 85 or above would be ridiculous. I would be really upset if their overrated corner Sheppard was rated higher than 85.

Well it depends on what they base the ratings on. Do they base it off of last years play or is it base on how they think the team will do this year. If the rating is base off of last year, then yes anything above 85 would be stupid. If the ratings are base off of how good they might be this year then I could see a high 80s or low 90s. Lets not forget guys the Eagles were good before TO came town and they will be good after. As far as Sheppard is concerned, you do realize he was playing hurt last year? I think Sheppard is a solid corner not Pro Bowl level but good.

99% of all nfl players play hurt. i don't hate the eagles like i hate the rams/packers/cowboys, but they get a ridiculous amount of jocking by the media and so on. my thought on it is this: what were they rated when they had owens? cause they should be at least 5-7 points lower now. of course since they have jgar they should rise 10-20 points in ranking... but only if he is starting :D

Gunstar77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
99% of all nfl players play hurt. i don't hate the eagles like i hate the rams/packers/cowboys, but they get a ridiculous amount of jocking by the media and so on. my thought on it is this: what were they rated when they had owens? cause they should be at least 5-7 points lower now. of course since they have jgar they should rise 10-20 points in ranking... but only if he is starting :D

I would be ok if the Eagles get a mid to high 80s rating. I agree that Reids offense with TO was really powerful and now we are reduce back to dink and dunk offensive power again. My main concern is our Defensive rating, I believe last year was a fluke. Jim Johnson's Defense has always been in the top 10 in points allowed and pass defense, until last year. So I see the Defense returning to the way they are supposed to play.

i think people tend to ignore the obvious fact that a good defense needs to have an offense that keeps them off the field a decent amount of the time. the eagles couldn't do that.

Top Bottom