• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 07 PC - Superior Madden? EA podcast inside.

Mrbob

http://files.ea.com/downloads/podcast/maddenPC.mp3

Not a ton of info shown, but a decent amount. I believe the game will still be based on the PS2/Xbox version (didn't say in the podcast), but the PC version is going to have all the features of the console versions. The highlight would be the ability to plug your Xbox 360 controller into your PC and the game recognizes it and maps all the buttons to their normal functionality automatically. I may have to be a wired 360 controller now. It also looks like the PC version will have some Wii style functionality too for keyboard and mouse users. The example they gave is when you juke while using key/mouse, you hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse left to juke left and right to juke right.

If the 360 league falls through, I suggest running a PC Madden 07 league. :D

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
OMG a PC Madden league?
puke.gif

Mrbob

Yeah I know a Madden PC league wouldn't happen. Me hoping though. PS2 version I guess. :/

I found some pics at 1up, and the PC version does seem to be based off of current gen. Which may not be a bad thing.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
PC League Bob? :lol I dont think so,the friggin coach game ran like ass on some peoples pc's.

threeball

Banned
I've bought Madden every year this generation, and the Madden I am looking forward most to is the Wii version by far. I'll take the new controls over slightly better graphics anyday.

Although I wish that the passing system for the Wii version was more complex, as it screams "gimmick". Instead of pressing a button you press a button and make a motion. It would have been so much better if the passing was real time and the ball went in the direction based on the motion you made with the remote. That would be so fun, take a lot of skill, and be much better than pressing a button. That would be as close to throwing a football as it could get. Think: You move the nunchuck(or analog) to move your QB's eyes or "throwing line", and then make the throwing motion, lob or bullet.

Mrbob

Ok let us not start an argument here over the next gen maddens being the same game with better graphics. Because right now next gen madden is a *worse* game with next gen graphics. :/

Matrix I can still dream a little dream a little dream about a Madden PC league. With the 360 controller at hand it will probably be the ultimate Madden. I can be the default PC champ!

I'm probably going to buy 4 copies of Madden this year. Madden 360, Madden PS2 (for the league :/), Madden PC, and Madden Wii. EA needs the money so I shall help them out!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm buying the 360 version,PS2 version only if the 360 version is beyond crap and I'm sure I'll be tempted to get it for Wii,but 3 versions is pushing it for me :\

I really really hope the 360 version plays well and online play works this year,I dont want to play the ps2 game with the shitty dual shock just for league play.I got raped in the league using that controller and I'm not about to play a full season feeling crippled again.

Mrbob

I hear ya, playing with the dual shock is balls, and the only reason I didn't repeat. Give me a MS controller and I'm a 3 time champ.

Borys

Banned
Eh Mrbob, M07 PC will sell even less copies than Quake IV 360 in Japan.

Last sports game I bought for my PC was FIFA Road to World Cup... 1998.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
I'm buying the 360 version,PS2 version only if the 360 version is beyond crap and I'm sure I'll be tempted to get it for Wii,but 3 versions is pushing it for me :\

I really really hope the 360 version plays well and online play works this year,I dont want to play the ps2 game with the shitty dual shock just for league play.I got raped in the league using that controller and I'm not about to play a full season feeling crippled again.

Excuses excuses.

I am going to get Madden 07 PS2 day 1. I will wait a week or two until you ****s decide whether 360 version is worth it or not. So bi-polar. :lol

Jeff-DSA

I still have the taste of puke in my mouth from last year's 360 Madden. It was the free game I got from Mountain Dew. If I had known it was going to be that poor, I wouldn't have ever traded in my PS2 version in anticipation of its arrival.

I'm going to have a hard time trusting EA this year on the 360. I'm definitely going to rent both the 360 and PS2 versions to do a comparison before buying either.

Matrix

CK I believe its a legit excuse for me sucking.If I had sucked with the xbox S controller as bad as I did with the dual suck,I would just flat out admit to being a horrible madden player.

I was 11 and like 5 with the Texans using the s controller,took over the Panthers and won with them and had a winning season with the Ravens and proved you could pass using Boller and win....all with the S controller.

I go what 1-15 or 2-14 using the Texans with the dual shock,I couldnt for the life of me get down the passing.That has always been my strength,not D,you should know that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Real men can use any control! Ill bust on you guys with the GameCube control if i needed to!

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Real men can use any control! Ill bust on you guys with the GameCube control if i needed to!

I beat you for my lone win using the dual shock,off day? ;P

CB3

Matrix said:
I beat you for my lone win using the dual shock,off day? ;P

Hell yeah off day! I was talking shit about brett favre so madden got pissed and ****ed me over.

Plus, that loss didnt phase me on my way to the SuperBowl!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Good news. Got to play more Madden 07 for X360 last night and it was much further along than the E3 build. The framerate was smoother, the graphics were cleaner, and best of all, the gameplay seemed a but closer to where we expect it to be. I don't want to guage yet because it was on rookie mode and I was destroying dudes when I played on offense (using random teams too, not even the Giants) but it does FEEL a lot better than last year.

There were still some chops but the overall experience was smoother.

Mrbob

Sounds good. Please EA deliver on the 360 version and save me from buying 4 versions of Madden this year. -__-

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Forgot to mention that the ratings that were present last night were the final ratings. Only ones I remember were these:

Eagles: 96 OVR
Giants 74 OVR.

:lol Gimme a ****ing break EA.

Wellington said:
Forgot to mention that the ratings that were present last night were the final ratings. Only ones I remember were these:

Giants 74 OVR.

That can't be real...if so that's completely bogus.

Zep

Banned
Wellington said:

Giants 74 OVR.

Wellington, tell me that shit is a lie. 96 for those ****in bums?

CB3

Wellington said:

Giants 74 OVR.

EA KNOWS! SUCK IT DOWN ****ERS!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Wellington said:

Giants 74 OVR.

What???? That is a travesty that would make me not even want to buy Madden. That is mind boggling.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well I asked the guy and he said yeah those were the final ratings. Hopefully he was just talking out of his ass. :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's alright FMT, we are used to it! Hopefully EA doesn't improve Eli, Snee, Diehl, Pierce, Webster, and Osi. More of a challenge! Hey EA, Tiki still fumbles!

Matrix

Shit I'm sure the Texans are rated like 40,still great to hear its playing better than last years version.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Is an Xbox version league out of the question because everyone went and sold their Xboxes when the 360 came out? I wont bother with the PS2 version is the 360 version sucks. It will hurt me real bad to not be a part of the Madden leagues though. Even getting destroyed is better than not playing.

I hope Warrick Dunn can hold onto the football this year. He was pretty crippled in 06 in comparison to the 05 version.

Matrix

Truelize said:
Is an Xbox version league out of the question because everyone went and sold their Xboxes when the 360 came out? I wont bother with the PS2 version is the 360 version sucks. It will hurt me real bad to not be a part of the Madden leagues though. Even getting destroyed is better than not playing.

I hope Warrick Dunn can hold onto the football this year. He was pretty crippled in 06 in comparison to the 05 version.

yes the xbox version is out,most people sold their xbox's when the 360 came out.

Mrbob

I think it is time to band together, and force PS2 users to get a 360 if they want to join the madden league. Down with PS2 madden! :D

360 league or bust.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I think it is time to band together, and force PS2 users to get a 360 if they want to join the madden league. Down with PS2 madden! :D

360 league or bust.

Damn right,but online play has to be smooth.I can understand them f-king up the gameplay last year cause it was a new engine on the 360,but Ive never seen EA mess up their football games online like they did with the 360 version.

It had friggin NBA Live lag :(

the problem isn't about having enough 360 users to form a league. the problem is that madden 360 was not a good game, and as such no one wanted to start a league. if madden 07 360 is a good game we will have a decent sized league. if it sucks it's back to ps2, unless EA wants to be cool and make madden 07 xbox BC (but why would they? $$$$$$$$$$$)

Matrix

Heres what I'm doing,I'm buying Madden 360 and if it sucks,im getting those damn achievements for being burned again :p Then putting it up on ebay and buying the PS2 version.

I'm not holding on to the 360 version for months like I did last year,what an idiot I was.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Heres what I'm doing,I'm buying Madden 360 and if it sucks,im getting those damn achievements for being burned again :p Then putting it up on ebay and buying the PS2 version.

I'm not holding on to the 360 version for months like I did last year,what an idiot I was.

Yeah, wtf were you thinking? I just got my 1000 points and sold it right when I found out it was trash!

Mrbob said:
Ok let us not start an argument here over the next gen maddens being the same game with better graphics. Because right now next gen madden is a *worse* game with next gen graphics. :/

Matrix I can still dream a little dream a little dream about a Madden PC league. With the 360 controller at hand it will probably be the ultimate Madden. I can be the default PC champ!

I'm probably going to buy 4 copies of Madden this year. Madden 360, Madden PS2 (for the league :/), Madden PC, and Madden Wii. EA needs the money so I shall help them out!

Not with my around buddy, not with me around. Don't forget, we're 2-1 you won that last game by a freakin second =(

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Yeah, wtf were you thinking? I just got my 1000 points and sold it right when I found out it was trash!

Being lazy is my curse.

CB3

Matrix said:

Good Idea. Thats what i think ill do.

Plus Fry's is sure to have madden 360 for something like 47.99 :)

guys relax. madden 07 360 will be fine. the reality of the situation is that the game was not THAT far away from being "decent". there were some major issues (bad DB AI, jerky animations and movement) but there was also some good things to build on (top notch models, good atmosphere, better playcalling system). lets have confidence that tiburon will step up to the plate and deliver, as they have apparently done with NCAA.

shpankey

not an idiot
FMT, anyway I can join in the Madden league this year? i got ps2 and 360 and pc and will buy whichever version the league will be played in.

also, one question... why ps2 league? why not an Xbox 1 league?

Mrbob

EA has learned now. Wouldn't be surprised if Madden 360 07 has 50 achievements. No more achievement cheese.

iceDragon7 said:
Not with my around buddy, not with me around. Don't forget, we're 2-1 you won that last game by a freakin second =(

Wooo hahhaha, and what a sweet come from behind victory that was!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
EA has learned now. Wouldn't be surprised if Madden 360 07 has 50 achievements. No more achievement cheese.

Guess the PS2 version will have to be put on hold till I catch them all :p

FMT, anyway I can join in the Madden league this year? i got ps2 and 360 and pc and will buy whichever version the league will be played in.

also, one question... why ps2 league? why not an Xbox 1 league?

as far as i can recall you have been invited to every online football league we have ever run, and that won't change with '07 ;)

the reason we aren't running it on xbox 1 is that not many of us still have a normal xbox. if EA were going to make it BC on 360 then 100% yes we would have an xbox league. to run it on xbox now we would be asking every madden regular who doesn't have an xbox anymore to rebuy one. in essence, pay $100+ to play in the madden league (cost of an xbox + madden)

shpankey

not an idiot
ok, cool. makes sense. and thanks. i played in a GAF tourney once, and you taught me how to play the game with all the new features. you had 49'rs i think and i got the browns (it was like one of two teams left available) and i had a great time and learned a lot. i lost but it was close (though i think you allowed it to be close cause you were busy showing me how to play the game proper).

anyhow, looking forward to it. hope i can get a better team though but i will take whatever, no probs.

CB3

shpankey said:
ok, cool. makes sense. and thanks. i played in a GAF tourney once, and you taught me how to play the game with all the new features. you had 49'rs i think and i got the browns (it was like one of two teams left available) and i had a great time and learned a lot. i lost but it was close (though i think you allowed it to be close cause you were busy showing me how to play the game proper).

anyhow, looking forward to it. hope i can get a better team though but i will take whatever, no probs.

WTF is that kind of nice, respectful attitude! Where is the Trash talking! I DEMAND TRASH TALKING!

Top Bottom