• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 07 PC - Superior Madden? EA podcast inside.

DMczaf

This is the year, the Bucs are winning the GAF Super Bowl! I can feel it, this time things are going to be different!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you have never beaten king alex! nor will you ever!

Then good thing your name isnt King Alex! 3 game winning streak buddy!

Madden. McNabb. CB33.

---THE NEW TRIFORCE 2006---

shpankey

not an idiot
ColdBlooded33 said:
WTF is that kind of nice, respectful attitude! Where is the Trash talking! I DEMAND TRASH TALKING!
i'm not good enough to talk trash, i just end up owning myself :lol

Hunter D

Wellington said:
Forgot to mention that the ratings that were present last night were the final ratings. Only ones I remember were these:

Eagles: 96 OVR
Giants 74 OVR.

:lol Gimme a ****ing break EA.
The EA guys had to be yanking your chain.

Does anyone know how EA rates players on sports games?

Fifty

Hunter D said:
Does anyone know how EA rates players on sports games?

pinTailDonkey.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
I hope Warrick Dunn can hold onto the football this year. He was pretty crippled in 06 in comparison to the 05 version.

Considering how ridiculously overrated he was in 05, I don't think you can complain.

Then again if I was used to using super teams like you I guess I would complain too. :D

Rorschach

360 version will suck. Damn you idiots for not keeping your Xboxen!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys relax. madden 07 360 will be fine. the reality of the situation is that the game was not THAT far away from being "decent". there were some major issues (bad DB AI, jerky animations and movement) but there was also some good things to build on (top notch models, good atmosphere, better playcalling system). lets have confidence that tiburon will step up to the plate and deliver, as they have apparently done with NCAA.
There were a LOT of issues, but I think they were just pushing something out there for launch. It looks like this version will be using the same physics engine and 30 fps, btw. Hopefully, it's at least on par with the Xbox version and not stripped. The 360 controller is much better than the xbox controller for madden, IMO. Although, I would much rather have 60fps. :(

CB3

you know, if they can improve these three things, it will be a decent game.

-AI defense/controlling CB's on your own.
-Improved running game. This means the O-line being where they should be, not somewhere all the way the **** where they should not be.
-Online Play. The Lag was garbage. GARBAGE

-Actually, make it 4 things. I want Alt. Uni's. That cant be hard to put in!

That being said, Open field running and kickoff returns i felt were awesome. I hope they try to keep it simular to the way they were. the juke moves in the open field were sweet

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Well I have no choice, I am getting the 360 version because my PS2 is on its last leg and I am not wasting money on a new one since I am getting a PS3.

CK: Here is why the Eagles rating is still high!

bunkley_16.jpg

CB3

Gunstar77 said:
Well I have no choice, I am getting the 360 version because my PS2 is on its last leg and I am not wasting money on a new one since I am getting a PS3.

CK: Here is why the Eagles rating is still high!

bunkley_16.jpg

Unproven rook isnt the best example

Here are two better ones:

mcnabb.jpg

p1_dawkins2.jpg

Gunstar77

ColdBlooded33 said:
Unproven rook isnt the best example

Here are two better ones:

mcnabb.jpg

p1_dawkins2.jpg

Cold: Unlike you, I am not a big McNabb fan. Truth be told, our season goes as far as the defense and number 36 takes us.

CB3

Gunstar77 said:
Cold: Unlike you, I am not a big McNabb fan. Truth be told, our season goes as far as the defense and number 36 takes us.

Eagles fan + Not a fan of Donovan does not compute. May i ask why?

ITs not gonna be as far as Westy can take us, as the ball is gonna be even all around on Offense. I look forward to seeing moats get time at RB also

julius jones? whatever happened to that guy? i remember after 2004 i heard "rabble rabble rabble julius jones is going to have a breakout year!" i can't even remember seeing him play last year at all

cedric69

threeball said:
I've bought Madden every year this generation, and the Madden I am looking forward most to is the Wii version by far. I'll take the new controls over slightly better graphics anyday.

Although I wish that the passing system for the Wii version was more complex, as it screams "gimmick". Instead of pressing a button you press a button and make a motion.
Yet you still call this gimmick "new controls"... :lol and yes, I played Madden Wii. :)

bluemax

Banned
Madden is one of the few sports games where I don't feel like the console version is extremely inferior to the PC version (I've yet to play a console baseball game that would turn me away from playing on PC). Still a PC league would be way more convenient for me.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol mcribb and westbreak are both bums. lets talk about future hall of fame QB + RB tandems, adsmith and frank the tank!

Frank the Tank got like a 3 on his wonderlic. I heard he's going to compete at the special olympics.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I call the Texans if we have a 360 league,I call a top 10 team if we have a ps2 league :p

frank gore has a documented learning disability! what is vince youngs excuse!?

p.s. lets not pick teams now, we all know who is getting who for the most part (although some regulars are going to have to fight it out to get their teams :D )

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. lets not pick teams now, we all know who is getting who for the most part (although some regulars are going to have to fight it out to get their teams :D )

I call the Eagles for season 1 and the Patriots for season 2! This is all legit! 2 legit 2 quit

DCX

DCX
Well, i wish to have the Falcons but Trulize has dibbs, so i will go with teh Bills again...unless something happens with Truelize.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
Well, i wish to have the Falcons but Trulize has dibbs, so i will go with teh Bills again...unless something happens with Truelize.

DCX

You gonna knock him off ? :p

Matrix

:lol

Take out Mig for me while you're at it.

Dr. Jade

oh snap if we're callin teams I'm Steelers, you heard it here first ... you bitches are all going down, Steelers rating 99

we're not calling teams yet chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmps

don't know how i'm going to deal with eagles, seahawks, steelers, etc. issues yet. that should be fun :lol

Gunstar77

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we're not calling teams yet chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmps

don't know how i'm going to deal with eagles, seahawks, steelers, etc. issues yet. that should be fun :lol

Tourney FTW!

yep, odds are it will come down to a head to head matchup of some type (unless one party wants to budge.... which i wouldn't with the 49ers! all of you vultures will want them after the preseason is over and EA rates king alex a 99!)

Gunstar77

ColdBlooded33 said:
Eagles fan + Not a fan of Donovan does not compute. May i ask why?

My main problem with McNabb is he is not a leader. When things are going good he is all smiles but when the team is struggling to move the ball he mopes around and never shows any fire like a Dawkins or a Trotter. Also I hear people all the time say, how can you not like McNabb? Did you see that play on 3rd down where he scrambled for 7 seconds to make that great pass. Then I respond by saying, if he didn't throw those 2 previous passes in the dirty, then he would not had to go threw all that trouble. My favorite is when he holds onto the balls for 5+ seconds in the pocket, only to get stripped from behind. McNabb fans never seem to remember those plays. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate McNabb but I do realize what he really is, and that not a leader.

The Eagles sucked last year for one reason, the defense. The offense has been up and down since Reid has been headcoach but the defense has always been solid until last year. So if our defense is back to their old form then we will be in the playoffs again.

shpankey

not an idiot
FrenchMovieTheme said:
yep, odds are it will come down to a head to head matchup of some type (unless one party wants to budge.... which i wouldn't with the 49ers! all of you vultures will want them after the preseason is over and EA rates king alex a 99!)
interesting. so this year i got a shot at being my Cowboys? oh hell's yeah, it's on like donkey kong now bitches. :D

i don't know of anyone else who likes the cowboys and wants to use them besides HGPlayer. of course, with T.O. now on the team i'm sure interest in using them will spike

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't know of anyone else who likes the cowboys and wants to use them besides HGPlayer. of course, with T.O. now on the team i'm sure interest in using them will spike

Just wait until he drops a wide open pass that would send the the superbowl in overtime, if not win it altogether.

Yes, im still bitter

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you make me sick sir. and yes it IS a good thing there are no other packers fans on this board (lambtron doesn't count as he is absent from all madden-related events!)
I'm only absent because I didn't have Xbox Live (I think I played in a quick PS2 tournament once), but I do now! WATCH OUT.

Rorschach

Lambtron said:
I'm only absent because I didn't have Xbox Live (I think I played in a quick PS2 tournament once), but I do now! WATCH OUT.
There was a PS2 league.

Anyway, everyone knows the Raiders (coached by Rorschach) will win the next Madden league no matter the platform.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Rorschach said:
There was a PS2 league.

Anyway, everyone knows the Raiders (coached by Rorschach) will win the next Madden league no matter the platform.
I love Madden but not enough to buy a 2nd version. And Xbox version was always my jam.

Gunstar77

It seems like this year the Madden players are going to be spread out on different consoles versions. We might struggle to get a decent league going on any of the different versions. I know I am going 360 no matter what.

we will have plenty of players on 360 OR ps2. i would estimate that about 10 people in the league have BOTH a ps2 and 360, and there are anywhere from 5-10 other players for 360 and we can find at least 2 more players if its PS2 to make it a decent league

CB3

Gunstar77 said:
It seems like this year the Madden players are going to be spread out on different consoles versions. We might struggle to get a decent league going on any of the different versions. I know I am going 360 no matter what.

If your back in the league Gunstar were gonna have to do a seperate game to see who picks the eagles. You might be

But im

GAF Madden 2006 Season 2 NFC Champ

I wont let them go so easily!

and i got kornheiser backing me!
1848802300_penguin2.gif

Top Bottom