• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212700399]The idea is that if you watch your opponents' eyes you can gain information about their hand but it's a pretty small edge and it's mostly habit.[/QUOTE]

People do this shit at FNM too though, and you know they wouldn't know a tell if it was elbow deep in their butthole.

Kozilek's Return -> Grapple with the Past -> Kozilek's Return is an interesting play when you have Emrakul Mindslaver'd an opponent. Even if he didn't do that.

EDIT: Oh, what he did was even better.
Grapple with the Past -> Sanctum of Ugin -> play Sanctum of Ugin
Wretched Gryff -> trigger Kozilek's Return -> sacrifice Sanctum of Ugin to search library, don't find anything

(Note: different players now)
EDIT: Damn, I looked away and missed a use of Collective Defiance!

EDIT: Chandra kills Liliana, Sorin kills Chandra, Chandra comes back and kills Sorin, Ruinous Path on Chandra, each one turn after another.

EDIT: Ken Yukihiro misplayed Emrakul, casting Hangarback Walker for 0 while Kalitas was out, thinking it went to the graveyard instead of being exiled.

EDIT: World Breaker saves Emrakul from Blighted Fen.

EDIT: Transgress the Mind taking Emrakul.

Why is this Matej's last tournament?

IDK why you guys thought Emrakul was bad. It's a 13/13 that can be as cheap as 7 mana.

Emrakul is like the classic MTGS/reddit shat-on card where you get thirty people

I mean, Reid Duke isn't a bad looking dude, he just doesn't seem to give a shit that he's rocking the bowl haircut my mom gave me when I was 8

He's only interested in pulling the ladies who are into that aw-shucks babyface look tbh.

Crazy how Birds of Paradise is $8. It hasn't been reprinted in like 5 years though, maybe in MM17.

Stuff like this is a great example of just how much the game has grown. Even for something that was printed as late as M12, the volume of all the BoPs printed beforehand is so small as to almost be irrelevant.

God, that OCD non-stop hand shuffling is so annoying. Just hold your shit like a normal person holds cards.

Image.ashx

People do this shit at FNM too though, and you know they wouldn't know a tell if it was elbow deep in their butthole.

Well if you want to be a weekly win a box legend like me, learning tells is the way to do it. Giving away information is the number one problem people have at lower level tournaments.

Poor sideboarding is number two.

Crowbear

Doing a draft while watching the PT and I got a p1p1 Emrakul and actually got to cast it for the first time in my first match. My opponent was nice enough not to concede on the spot so I could play out his turn too. Felt real good!

Doing a draft while watching the PT and I got a p1p1 Emrakul and actually got to cast it for the first time in my first match. My opponent was nice enough not to concede on the spot so I could play out his turn too. Felt real good!

If nothing else, it's great to see fun cards also transfer to the top tables. No Siege Rhinos and Pack Rats this season.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212714124]If nothing else, it's great to see fun cards also transfer to the top tables. No Siege Rhinos and Pack Rats this season.[/QUOTE]

Mindslaver on a 13/13 isnt what I'd call a fun card.

Wrong thread.

EDIT: Hallowed Moonlight against a non-Company non-Token deck is unexpected.

EDIT: Forgot to note earlier, he decided to keep Liliana after all.

EDIT: Wait, they haven't sideboarded yet, so disregard that last edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom