• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: No TV Talk At E3. S'all about the games.

Nokterian

mtpp5xo.gif

Amazing this one xD

But i guess a lot of kinect.

Lunar15

I really think they're going to have a good showing. It's just going to be interesting to see if that is enough to overshadow all the ominous stuff coming out of them since the first conference.

I think that Xbox fans will be really satisfied with the games being shown off. I'm particularly interested in the new IP's, assuming they're not just like bad kinect tech demos.

ekim

Lol.

I wonder if they took this approach due to the backlash.

No?
On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com. If you are in the US or Canada, you can also watch the broadcast on Spike TV.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/24/xboxreveal/

Cheech

So Kinect and First Person Shooters? Oh boy. Sorry, it's hard to not be pessimistic about this.

All they have to do is turn the lights down, have Snake say "War has changed" over the PA, announce MGS5 as an XB1 exclusive, and all of GAF would buy it.

That fact right there is why the wailing, gnashing, and mocking ring hollow until E3.

The time in between the MS show and the Sony show on June 10th is going to be the crazies few hours on GAF (if the servers hold)

MS is going for the jugular with this one. People will be surprised and there will be meltdowns a plenty.

Its almost as if the shitty debut of the One was on purpose to throw people off and make the impact of E3 even bigger. "oh we are all about TV and entertainment... oh what's this... Oh its just EXCLUSIVE FALLOUTMETALGEARHALFLIFE3REDDEAD!"

kmax

Microsoft haven't been serious about games for years now. They've shafted their game priority and focused their efforts on home entertainment instead.

With the introduction of Xbone, they've reinforced that position. Are they to tell us that it's suddenly all about the games now?

I'm looking forward to be completly amazed at E3 then, Microsoft.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I wonder how far from the truth this speculation will be (and if it means MS really did a poor job of keeping their secrets in house again lol):

-Ryse
-Quantum Break
-Forza
-COD
-EA Sports Games
-Battlefield 4
-Titan
-Ubi Games (Watchdogs, Assassin's, etc.)
-New Fable?
-Mirror's Edge 2
-Dead Rising 3
-League of Legends
-New Banjo?
-New Killer Instinct?
-Hawken
-New Insomniac game?
-New Fallout?
-Halo Teaser?
-Black Tusk FPS Teaser?

Then add on the inevitable Kinect stuff like Sports, Exercise, Dance, and I'm sure some of the aforementioned games will have parts where you can use your hands and voice to interact with the game world for more "immersion".

All in all, there seems to be a ton of top quality games in development for XB1 from 3rd and 1st parties. Same goes for PS4. I don't think PS3/360 had this type launch and 1st year lineup that the new consoles will have. insane.

Good to know. Hopefully both Microsoft and Sony will have 90 minutes of next gen games each then, assuming Sony spend around 30 mins talking about the ps4 hardware and vita games.

Oppo

Microsoft said:
On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

These marketing phrases give me hives.

I will be glad to see a game focused Xbone presentation and hope they will show how they are going to move gaming forward to the next gen. It will take a lot to get me to hop on the bandwagon after the first reveal, but my mind is open.

shola

Banned
Funny thing the lot of you are the ones bringing kinect into every single thread , seriously enough.

Il let the games talk, even before the xbone reveal they said the main focus will not be on games , e3 is in a couple of days now is this why people are lacking proper brain fuctionality

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i dont believe for a second that MS's e3 conference will be 100% games focused - it is afterall the entertainment expo. saying this is just setting us up for disappointment.

i do think the majority of it will be games though, and even 75%+ of 90 minutes should gve us quite a bit to discuss.

I wonder how far from the truth this speculation will be (and if it means MS really did a poor job of keeping their secrets in house again lol):

-Ryse
-Quantum Break
-Forza
-COD
-EA Sports Games
-Battlefield 4
-Titan
-New Fable?
-Mirror's Edge 2
-Dead Rising 3
-League of Legends
-New Banjo?
-New Killer Instinct?
-Hawken
-New Insomniac game?
-New Fallout?
-Halo Teaser?
-Black Tusk FPS Teaser?

Then add on the inevitable Kinect stuff like Sports, Exercise, Dance, and I'm sure some of the aforementioned games will have parts where you can use your hands and voice to interact with the game world for more "immersion".

All in all, there seems to be a ton of top quality games in development for XB1 from 3rd and 1st parties. Same goes for PS4. I don't think PS3/360 had this type launch and 1st year lineup that the new consoles will have. insane.

That won't "kill Sony". Wasn't there a rumor that GTAV would be an XBO exclusive for next gen? That would be pretty big.

Kajiba

-Ryse
-Quantum Break
-Forza
-COD
-EA Sports Games
-Battlefield 4
-Titan
-New Fable?
-Mirror's Edge 2
-Dead Rising 3
-League of Legends
-New Banjo?
-New Killer Instinct?
-Hawken
-New Insomniac game?
-New Fallout?
-Halo Teaser?
-Black Tusk FPS Teaser?

No Crackdown 3 on that list? For shame...

LuuKyK

Is it me or MS just dont stop saying this? I swear in the last couple of days they repeated this like three or four times through different people. LoL this can only mean that they are pretty confident or pretty desperate. Or both.

dugdug

Banned
I find it tough to believe that both MS or Sony would literally focus 100% of their stage time on strictly games, but, I'd love to be wrong. 90 minutes is a long time to talk about only one feature of your new product. Admittedly it's the only feature I truly care about, so, I couldn't care less about TV and Apps and whatnot, but, I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check.

Also, what are the chances that some of these games are new 360 exclusives, as opposed to Xbox One exclusives? Have MS confirmed anywhere that all of their first-party is focused on next-gen? Same question for Sony and new PS3 games, as I'm sure they'll show off GT6 and maybe that rumored LBP3 on PS3.

nib95

Banned
Great to hear... IF they go back on the DRM and used games policies. I want to buy your console and games Microsoft, just don't dick consumers over in the process!

How did you come to this conclusion? Holy shit.
because he's a troll and has probably been spouting the same troll comments since the may 21st reveal. the same sort of people who tweet Microsoft then when they respond to them they react and say it isn't good enough on they don't believe them.

this place has just been a minefield of anti xbox troll posts and threads since the reveal.

Top Bottom