• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: No TV Talk At E3. S'all about the games.

I wonder how far from the truth this speculation will be (and if it means MS really did a poor job of keeping their secrets in house again lol):

-Ryse
-Quantum Break
-Forza
-COD
-EA Sports Games
-Battlefield 4
-Titan
-Ubi Games (Watchdogs, Assassin's, etc.)
-New Fable?
-Mirror's Edge 2
-Dead Rising 3
-League of Legends
-New Banjo?
-New Killer Instinct?
-Hawken
-New Insomniac game?
-New Fallout?
-Halo Teaser?
-Black Tusk FPS Teaser?

Then add on the inevitable Kinect stuff like Sports, Exercise, Dance, and I'm sure some of the aforementioned games will have parts where you can use your hands and voice to interact with the game world for more "immersion".

All in all, there seems to be a ton of top quality games in development for XB1 from 3rd and 1st parties. Same goes for PS4. I don't think PS3/360 had this type launch and 1st year lineup that the new consoles will have. insane.

Crackdown 3? We might get an announcement from Twisted Pixel.

I really don't think we'll be seeing a new KI. Bloodwake is much more likely at this point.

Hex

Banned
Drives me nuts that people would even waste time to ask that on twitter.
It has been said over and over already, Nelson should not have to say it over and over (though I am sure he does not mind)
The tweet to him just comes off as idiotic.

Takuya

Banned
He didn't say it would only be games, nor is it implied. All he said is that there wouldn't be any talk of TV. Going to be some more UI stuff for sure.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
wow it's almost as if they announced this back in april.
On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.

A New Generation Revealed
Xbox Campus, Redmond WA
Tuesday, May 21st @ 1p ET/10a PT/17:00 GMT
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546448

Raven77

I am excited to see what they offer. They are exuding a LOT of confidence regarding their game lineup. Makes me think they have secured a lot of exclusives that may surprise some people.

marrec

Banned
Drives me nuts that people would even waste time to ask that on twitter.
It has been said over and over already, Nelson should not have to say it over and over (though I am sure he does not mind)
The tweet to him just comes off as idiotic.

It is an idiotic tweet that was probably completely rhetorical until Larry actually answered him in a reasonable fashion.

sense

Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 2m
10 days until E3. Based on what I'm hearing both the Xbox and PS4 press confs will be the strongest in years. Lots of games and surprises.

I don't think it's gonna be full of Kinect games, guys. I think a more likely hazard, tbqh, is showing excellent-looking third-party games that aren't actually exclusive. Sony's likely to do that too.

Loxley

I think this is because it would be physically impossible for anyone at MS to utter the word "TV" anymore; they've exhausted it out of the English language. I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually exist anymore.

Either way, glad to hear it.

test_account

XP-39C²
Good news :) I wouldnt mind if they had some talk about the other stuff either though, but i'm looking forward to see more about the games =)

shola

Banned
Major Nelson is doing his job, yah ask him questions that address your concerns but don't piss on him like he is the one that gets to make the decisions.

mikey1123

i actually think microsoft is going to have a great show. i expect to see core games played on stage from them. bring out the "only on xbox" avatars again people.

Rising_Hei

I don't think it's gonna be full of Kinect games, guys. I think a more likely hazard, tbqh, is showing excellent-looking third-party games that aren't actually exclusive. Sony's likely to do that too.

My guess -

Xbone games:

Gears of War, new Halo, Forza 5
2 or 3 3rd party exclusives
Kinect crap

It's been like this for years now hah

Marleyman

Banned
m6IrxaK.png

I wouldn't be surprised if this tweet wasn't from a GAF'er. I have seen many posts similar to "TV TV TV SPORTS TV TV" in the past few weeks.

TriGen

I hope we get a lot of live gameplay demos of those games.

Forza 5 and a new IP, along with CoD and EA wasn't really a shockingly low number of games, in fact it was expected. The dissapointing thing was the fact that they wouldn't even do one demo to give you a sense of what those games really looked and played like. I'm no Killzone fan, but I still enjoyed getting an on-stage demo of the game, as I felt like Sony was letting me know what to expect from their early next-gen games, that was appreciated even if I don't plan on buying Killzone.

Into

Of course there will be plenty of Kinect games, they are bundling the thing with every console for a reason. But there will also be good amount of of traditional games

I am just hoping for more actual gameplay footage of launch games, rather than CGI, that goes to both MS and Sony. The launch games should be somewhat playable at this stage

I wonder how far from the truth this speculation will be (and if it means MS really did a poor job of keeping their secrets in house again lol):

-Ryse
-Quantum Break
-Forza
-COD
-EA Sports Games
-Battlefield 4
-Titan
-Ubi Games (Watchdogs, Assassin's, etc.)
-New Fable?
-Mirror's Edge 2
-Dead Rising 3
-League of Legends
-New Banjo?
-New Killer Instinct?
-Hawken
-New Insomniac game?
-New Fallout?
-Halo Teaser?
-Black Tusk FPS Teaser?

Then add on the inevitable Kinect stuff like Sports, Exercise, Dance, and I'm sure some of the aforementioned games will have parts where you can use your hands and voice to interact with the game world for more "immersion".

All in all, there seems to be a ton of top quality games in development for XB1 from 3rd and 1st parties. Same goes for PS4. I don't think PS3/360 had this type launch and 1st year lineup that the new consoles will have. insane.

In 90 minutes?

I doubt it. Spread that out across E3 and GamesCOM though, and I'd agree with you.

Raxus

Hopefully they don't spend 10 minutes with Call of Duty like they did at last years presentation. Even for the Kinect portion at least we can expect Dance Central 4.

I probably won't give a damn unless they're exclusive.

Right now the proposed Xbox One "ecosystem" is not something that's consumer friendly.

edit: Doritos Pope's tweets getting me excited.

To continue my thoughts - I don't actually *want* third party exclusives to happen for either system. I like the fact that there was so much overlap between PS360, and I'd like to see that pattern continue. If investing in a single system gets someone access to 95% of the best games of a generation, that's a good thing for consumers even if it makes E3 console-maker presentations less exciting because there's less room for zomg exclusives.

Top Bottom