• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: No TV Talk At E3. S'all about the games.

pr0cs

I am just hoping for more actual gameplay footage of launch games, rather than CGI, that goes to both MS and Sony. The launch games should be somewhat playable at this stage

QFT

though we all know that there will be a boatload of CGI trailers unfortunately

Miles X

Hopefully they don't spend 10 minutes with Call of Duty like they did at last years presentation. Even for the Kinect portion at least we can expect Dance Central 4.

With COD at the reveal just two weeks ago I don't think they need to show it, as well as the sports games.

If there is no COD, no sports games and no TV talk then it really does free up a lot of time for games.

But then I do think they'll touch on Xbox live (as they should). If people here bitch about that then ... they're morons.

marrec

Banned
Its not just Gaf doing that. Everyone around the world is making fun of TV TV SPORTS TV thing.

I'm glad this can bring together everyone from around the world and not just create an echo chamber within a very small minority of people who consume video games.

TriGen

I wonder how far from the truth this speculation will be (and if it means MS really did a poor job of keeping their secrets in house again lol):

-Ryse
-Quantum Break
-Forza
-COD
-EA Sports Games
-Battlefield 4
-Titan
-Ubi Games (Watchdogs, Assassin's, etc.)
-New Fable?
-Mirror's Edge 2
-Dead Rising 3
-League of Legends
-New Banjo?
-New Killer Instinct?
-Hawken
-New Insomniac game?
-New Fallout?
-Halo Teaser?
-Black Tusk FPS Teaser?

Then add on the inevitable Kinect stuff like Sports, Exercise, Dance, and I'm sure some of the aforementioned games will have parts where you can use your hands and voice to interact with the game world for more "immersion".

All in all, there seems to be a ton of top quality games in development for XB1 from 3rd and 1st parties. Same goes for PS4. I don't think PS3/360 had this type launch and 1st year lineup that the new consoles will have. insane.

I don't expect all of that at E3 (doubting an Insomniac game already, as well as Halo), but yeah, I agree with your sentiment. XBO and PS4 seem like they will both have way better launch lineups than the 360 and PS3.

Everything from Larry Hyrbs mouth is threadworthy at the moment to some people.

We do know they're gonna put on a show, they've said it from day one. Seems these threads are purely to remind people.

daebo

Hopefully it's a great conference but it's not going to be 90 minutes of games.

They will show the new UI. The new XBL. They will talk about some 360 stuff - probably the 99 dollar 360?

I'm just don't expect talk about the interactivity with the TV. Everything else is fine. So, I want a well rounded presentation. Not just games. I want to see everything about XBO (but interactivity with the tv)

With COD at the reveal just two weeks ago I don't think they need to show it, as well as the sports games.

If there is no COD, no sports games and no TV talk then it really does free up a lot of time for games.

But then I do think they'll touch on Xbox live (as they should). If people here bitch about that then ... they're morons.

We haven't seen live gameplay from the game. Just a trailer and a behind-the-scenes. I can bet that there's going to be a COD demo. It would be great, in case it is, to just open the presser with it and get that rock out of our shoes.

I wonder how far from the truth this speculation will be (and if it means MS really did a poor job of keeping their secrets in house again lol):

-Ryse
-Quantum Break
-Forza
-COD
-EA Sports Games
-Battlefield 4
-Titan
-Ubi Games (Watchdogs, Assassin's, etc.)
-New Fable?
-Mirror's Edge 2
-Dead Rising 3
-League of Legends
-New Banjo?
-New Killer Instinct?
-Hawken
-New Insomniac game?
-New Fallout?
-Halo Teaser?
-Black Tusk FPS Teaser?

The bolded are a sure bet.

So they're going to go from the reveal, highlighting their new system as a central media hub for all your TV needs, to not talking about it at all? I call bullshit.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Hopefully it's a great conference but it's not going to be 90 minutes of games.

They will show the new UI. The new XBL. They will talk about some 360 stuff - probably the 99 dollar 360?

I'm just don't expect talk about the interactivity with the TV. Everything else is fine. So, I want a well rounded presentation. Not just games. I want to see everything about XBO (but interactivity with the tv)
Yeah this sounds about right. I did see an interview about E3 being where they will discuss both the 360s future and the new added value of XBL.
And ditto on the COD stuff. No need for another demo please.

JlYifTb.png

hell yeah. E3 is gonna be niiiiiice.

The bolded are a sure bet.

New Fable may be saved for Gamescom, as I expect Osaka's new IP and possibly LO2 will be left for TGS.

90 minutes isn't long enough for the first party games alone, never mind the third party exclusives they'll have.

Someone get Rosti in here with a Bingo board stat.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

COD has already been confirmed...it'll be another gameplay segment like previous e3s.

Alx

And people said we shouldnt moan on twitter, im glad they are listening to us. Drop bombs ms.

I doubt moaning changed anything, since all of that was planned long before May 21st... they won't pull those games out of nowhere between the reveal and E3.

cakefoo

Guys (insert clever Kinect or DRM joke)! Am I right?
Wherre have you people been the last couple Microsoft E3 conferences? They've been utterly shittastic. I don't see how a new console is going to necessarily change their focus back towards the core.

Tucah

you speak so well

I'd give about a 99.9% chance of CoD showing up at the event, probably a live demo.

I'll believe it when I see it. Last year was heavy on the non-game stuff (Nike etc)

Last year was clearly an entirely different sort of circumstances.

Reading some of these posts, GAF gotta GAF on Microsoft as usual. I swear, I feel as if they could announce Dark Souls 2, a new Platinum IP, and Half Life 3 all as exclusives for X1, and people will still find a way to complain.

I really hope their presser gives me a reason to buy the system. Given their messaging at the reveal I still can't help but feel at least slightly skeptical.

StiLt

Even though the compulsory Kinect thing makes the XB1 a non starter for me personally, as an avid gamer I sincerely hope they bring the rain. Good times, my most anticipated E3 in a loooong time. A day off, single malt and snacks at the ready. 'uge.

Top Bottom