• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major snowstorm about to hit the South (Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennesaw here. My porch is frozen. My cigar chair will need thawing before I can enjoy my snow cigar. It would be great if Burnt Hickory Brewery opened their doors tomorrow. That's walking distance. Or sliding distance, depending on the sidewalks.

Kennesaw here. My porch is frozen. My cigar chair will need thawing before I can enjoy my snow cigar. It would be great if Burnt Hickory Brewery opened their doors tomorrow. That's walking distance. Or sliding distance, depending on the sidewalks.

I've been meaning to try one of their offerings. Do they do a lager?

I've been meaning to try one of their offerings. Do they do a lager?

Not really. They do a great pale ale, greater IPA, a decent cinnamon stout, lots of really cool sours, and several times a year they do a godly barrel aged beer. Their tap list changes by the day though. I'd definitely give them a shot.

Hey Kennesaw neighbors! I worked from home today... I got stuck in Atlanta overnight in the last storm. I'm never going to let that happen again if I can help it.

zethren

Banned
Hey Kennesaw neighbors! I worked from home today... I got stuck in Atlanta overnight in the last storm. I'm never going to let that happen again if I can help it.

Yeah it's awesome to see so many folks in the Kennesaw/Marietta/Woodstock zone!

Still no snow, though...

Culex

Banned
Cape cod is now going to get over a foot of snow and I am going to get 4-8 inches in CT.... what the fuck happened in the past 12 hours?!

Ding II

30F in Canton, GA. Light but steady snow for about the last 45 minutes. No real accumulation yet.

I hope we get at least an inch or so to stick to the ground, because that would look real pretty during tomorrow's sunny but freezing weather.

I grew up in Southern Ontario (ice storms anyone?) and then moved to the mountains of BC. I've driven in every imaginable weather situation you can fathom, and a few more, with several hundred foot drops to rocky chasms on the sides. Snow, sleet, rain, slush, black ice, avalanche zones. Gimme a break bud.

Just because it's bad for you (which is totally fair if you're not used to it, don't misunderstand me) doesn't mean it's difficult for everyone.

The problem seems to stem from the fact that when everyone around you has no idea how to drive in variable weather, it doesn't matter how good you are.

This attitude right here is exactly why I see so many Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Wisconsin license plates in ditches.

No one can drive on an inch of ice without special gear like chains (which no one has down here since it happens so infrequently). It has nothing to do with your "mad driving skillz." And yes, I find the whole snowpocalypse panic that grips the south to be embarrassing at best, but I also hate the attitude that non-southerners have that we're all a bunch of inbred idiots who can't drive 10 feet on a normal day without crashing into a tree.

And yes, I lived in Wisconsin for three years and saw plenty of winter crashes up there, too.

hom3land

This attitude right here is exactly why I see so many Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Wisconsin license plates in ditches.

No one can drive on an inch of ice without special gear like chains (which no one has down here since it happens so infrequently). It has nothing to do with your "mad driving skillz." And yes, I find the whole snowpocalypse panic that grips the south to be embarrassing at best, but I also hate the attitude that non-southerners have that we're all a bunch of inbred idiots who can't drive 10 feet on a normal day without crashing into a tree.

And yes, I lived in Wisconsin for three years and saw plenty of winter crashes up there, too.

This right here. From Massachusetts but don't fuck around with the roads down here. No one can drive on an ice rink without special tires or chains.

I live just south of Raleigh, and my wife could go into labor at any time. She messaged me (I'm still at work) that she definitely had a contraction just now. We've got an AWD Subaru, but I'd really rather not have to put my years of rally racing game experience to the test under these circumstances.

Jesus, man, stay safe.

Hang in there, Raleigh bros. The worst is supposed to start around midnight.

Not really. They do a great pale ale, greater IPA, a decent cinnamon stout, lots of really cool sours, and several times a year they do a godly barrel aged beer. Their tap list changes by the day though. I'd definitely give them a shot.

That's a shame. I admit it, I like watery beer.

It's SNOWING!

hom3land

Speaking breweries, saw ponysaurus in Durham will be open tomorrow with fire pits and smores.... And of course beer... Shame not in walking distance..

Dallas here, there was a good burst of snow at 8:15 and lasted a good 10 minutes, now it looks like it's mostly back to sleet.

That's a shame. I admit it, I like watery beer.

It's SNOWING!
Fair enough, but you don't need the craft beer guys for that. I'd certainly recommend them for when you feel like experimenting.

It's sleeting here! I've got my winter clothing and umbrella fort, with a glass of bourbon, a nice stout (Cigar City Vanilla Hazelnut General Zhukov), and a cigar (Olivia V series). Life is good.

Madness

Good luck and godspeed to ATL region. The snow in Vancouver that fell 4 weeks ago has yet to melt as every week a few more inches of snow falls and the temperatures have been below -5 upto -13 celsius for weeks. We are supposed to get more snow today and again on weekend and then next week. Almost 8 years of warm winter coming back with a vengeance this year.

Mesousa

Banned
Lol dude messing up a Channel 2 live shot by doing donuts in his duely pick up.

Best thing to happen on WSBTV since Justin Farmer got abused on Facebook about interrupting Nashville for weather and had a melt down on air about it a few years back.

jbug617

Banned
saw this on twitter from Atlanta
C1hrl-BWQAA80lL.jpg

gutshot

Still just sleeting here in Cary and I'm starting to think we won't get much snow now. The dividing line between snow and rain is forecasted to be more or less right on top of us.

saw this on twitter from Atlanta

They are a big joke about how much of a Chicken Little they are about weather. Weather and Shootings Broadcasting. They get a huge hard-on any time torandoes are possible.

And yet, who am I currently watching for the fifth hour? I guess it works.

So many people from Kennesaw on here. Neat.

I'm near the mountain and the road in the neighborhood here are all ice or icy slush. I don't know if Cobb treated the roads so I guess I'm stuck at home all day tomorrow.
It sucks because I forgot to buy a sour mix for my whiskey :(

zethren

Banned
So many people from Kennesaw on here. Neat.

I'm near the mountain and the road in the neighborhood here are all ice or icy slush. I don't know if Cobb treated the roads so I guess I'm stuck at home all day tomorrow.
It sucks because I forgot to buy a sour mix for my whiskey :(

I don't think they did treat the roads around here :(

I'm not too far away from the mountain myself, and if the ice around my apartment doesn't clear up tomorrow I'm definitely not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom