• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

Mistle

Out shopping for amiibos at Best Buy and was startled when I looked up in front of the preorder display.
nelEwgm.jpg

This thing is about a foot tall and sitting on shelving unit. Really neat thing...but way to drive that hype for me, Nintendo.

awesome to see MM being a thing again

Out shopping for amiibos at Best Buy and was startled when I looked up in front of the preorder display.
nelEwgm.jpg

This thing is about a foot tall and sitting on shelving unit. Really neat thing...but way to drive that hype for me, Nintendo.

Damn, ESRB rating done and all, are we close to it being released?!?!

Jarsonot

Appreciate it guys, my avatar was getting a little long in the tooth.

I would've just google image searched, but I thought there was a size limitation on the avatars and I'm not sure I have anything to re-size images. I could get a program with that capability, I'm sure... Was just being lazy. =) thanks again.

Woffls

Daamnnn I want that paper-weight but I already have the SE pre-ordered from Nintendo Store... also my desk never has paper on it so it would just sit on a shelf but whatever.

Wat.

Everywhere or just through Nintendo?

Need a special edition new 3da with this game....

I praying for this so i have a decent excuse to upgrade from my Zelda 3DSXL to a NEW 3DSXL

The paper weight looks crap, its a block of clear resin, with a flat picture of Majora's mask, if it were a 3D Majora's Mask in there then it might be cool, otherwise nope not worth missing out on the special edition from Nintendo

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Daamnnn I want that paper-weight but I already have the SE pre-ordered from Nintendo Store... also my desk never has paper on it so it would just sit on a shelf but whatever.

You never know, the Nintendo store may announce something. They got the chest even when the Link Between World LE was GAME exclusive.

shawnlreed

As as huge Majora's Mask fan, seeing merchandise hyping up the 2015 3D release for the game makes me happy.
I can't wait to play it again, I had such a great time playing it back on the N64.
It would be awesome if NOA released a purple MM themed New 3DS XL. Somehow I doubt that will happen, but I can dream.
At a minimum, they need to release that box art poster as a Club Nintendo reward.
This game single handedly guarantees my 2015 gaming year will be a good one.

maxcriden

Aaaaaand it's UK only. Even if I order from Game they won't sent one to NZ. God they suck.

Hopefully it's just some crap they produced themselves rather than an official product.

Given your mad skills (sincerely), you could probably make a much nicer one yourself. I think it's a block of plastic or glass with a piece of paper in it.

Anth0ny

nelEwgm.jpg

I need this

Don't they give these things away when they're done with it? Might need to ask them for it.

Peagles

Given your mad skills (sincerely), you could probably make a much nicer one yourself. I think it's a block of plastic or glass with a piece of paper in it.

I think you're right. I just hate living here sometimes because we get locked out of so much stuff. I even got an order in at the Sony store for the 20th Anniversary PS4 but they cancelled it because they've blacklisted the US forwarding service that New Zealand Post set up for us. /rage

maxcriden

I think you're right. I just hate living here sometimes because we get locked out of so much stuff. I even got an order in at the Sony store for the 20th Anniversary PS4 but they cancelled it because they've blacklisted the US forwarding service that New Zealand Post set up for us. /rage

Sure, I hear that. Plus y'all are charged just obscene prices for everything. It's frustrating for sure. It's not fair to you guys at all.

mingo

another pre order bonus has popped up at shopto. This time with a necklace (no pics). They need to bundle them all into 1 super edition or something!

It's ominous, fits the tone of the game perfectly, and is a memorable quote from the game. How is that terrible?
I take it that his post was a joke, but to say that the day your product launches that the world will be a worse place because of it isn't exactly reassuring haha

Meanwhile, on this side of the Atlantic, we're all just happy NOA didn't gold up the boxart.

😒

Ha ha ha ha... Yes, sometimes I can't help but get a little jealous when I see the box art of European/Japanese Wind Waker HD.

I'm going to get this game retail anyway, but will double dip if NoA (ha ha) releases a MM-themed New 3DS.

Tookay

I take it that his post was a joke, but to say that the day your product launches that the world will be a worse place because of it isn't exactly reassuring haha

Plenty of games market themselves with overly-dramatic, world-ending taglines, though.

And with this game it's appropriate.

maxcriden

Here's a new image. Well, not entirely new. The source art is from the original MM. ]

B5jzwtvIgAQ5QLA.png:large

Nice! Thanks for posting this. As a kid I always wondered what was up with the different-looking Zoras on DJ and drums, respectively. They look completely different from any other Zoras IIRC. It made me question a lot as a kid. Who were these Zoras? Were they indications of a caste system within Zora society? If that was the case, did this explain their background role in Indigo-Go's? Would Zora culture look awkwardly away from a starring role for these potentially segregated classes? I never did find out the answers, but my twelve year-old self was confident they were questions well worth pondering....

Rich!

I don't know if you guys have noticed this, but Gyorg does not have the weird eye in this picture.

http://imgur.com/0CVSI5X

This might confirm the existance of an "easy" mode; given Gyorg does not have the orange eye in the official art.

Nope. Thats because the art for gyrorg there is just the original art from the N64 version.

Not sure why you came to the conclusion of an easy mode from that.

Zalman

nelEwgm.jpg

This is so great. Epic tagline too.

Top Bottom