• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

zigg

I just want an LE New 3DS bundle that includes the game digitally. Cheap figures don't do much for me.
I rather liked the Ganondorf figure that came with Wind Waker.

(also meh on the digital, that would mean I can't loan the game to family/friends)

Enthus

I rather liked the Ganondorf figure that came with Wind Waker.

(also meh on the digital, that would mean I can't loan the game to family/friends)
Considering how few games are releasing on 3DS next year, I'd probably just loan the console itself.

Anth0ny

LE is available amazon.com, just pre-ordered

hopefully it'll be available in canada somewhere other than ebgames.ca for like 10 minutes

From amazon germany productpage:
Features:
  • Mithilfe von Eulen- und neuen Federstatuen, die in ganz Termina zu finden sind, kannst du dein Abenteuer jetzt jederzeit speichern.
Translation:
Features:
  • With the help of owl- and new featherstatues, which you can find all over Termina, you can save your adventure any time.

Kito

This will be my first ever Zelda game (and reluctant first 3DS console purchase lol). Pre-ordered the LE from Nintendo UK. These remakes weren't originally on handhelds/Game Boy, I don't understand why Wii U isn't their platform.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This will be my first ever Zelda game (and reluctant first 3DS console purchase lol). Pre-ordered the LE from Nintendo UK. These remakes weren't originally on handhelds/Game Boy, I don't understand why Wii U isn't their platform.

They are better suited for the 3DS.

Plus the 3D itself ads even more magic to these titles.

TheMoon

You should grab Ocarina of Time 3D beforehand and play that first. It will let you appreciate how they put a twist on the characters and concepts from that game in MM3D

Kito

You should grab Ocarina of Time 3D beforehand and play that first. It will let you appreciate how they put a twist on the characters and concepts from that game in MM3D

But in turn do I not need to play previous OoT titles to appreciate OoT? That was my concern -- if I don't start with the first Zelda, I'll be equally "under-experienced" (can't think of a better word) for any Zelda, so I might as well start with MM3D.

CHusson91

Banned
But in turn do I not need to play previous OoT titles to appreciate OoT? That was my concern -- if I don't start with the first Zelda, I'll be equally "under-experienced" (can't think of a better word) for any Zelda, so I might as well start with MM3D.

Starting out with Ocarina of Time before playing Majora's Mask is the way to go.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I know it's a remake and all, but man for game supposedly releasing rather soon we've seen fuck all from this game other than that short blimp announcement.

Hope we get a new ND soon.

Anth0ny

Nope.

OOT enhances MM. I usually recommend OOT or LTTP as the best first Zeldas. Majora's Mask, as great as it is, might be a weird Zelda to start on. It's quite different than any other game in the series.

If you have a 3ds, you can buy the best zelda from the eshop, Link's awakening.

Mecca

Nope.

OOT enhances MM. I usually recommend OOT or LTTP as the best first Zeldas. Majora's Mask, as great as it is, might be a weird Zelda to start on. It's quite different than any other game in the series.

That's the exact reason why it shouldn't be a person's introduction to Zelda. It's so far removed from your standard Zelda game that going back to the others is going to feel odd. I agree OOT should be first if all you have is a 3DS.

Try OOT3D first, it's one of the best games in the series and probably the best 1st "entry" game to play of the 3D games at least. It does a great job of setting up the world and interoducing the gameplay mechanics while keeping you hooked. Plus, you'll get even more enjoyment out of MM (which is, admittedly, one of the "odd ones" of the series in terms of theme) as there are a lot of little 'references' back to characters and things that you may have seen on your journey playing OOT.

TheMoon

This is not how Zelda works. The games are usually completely independent from each other. In this rare case, MM takes places after OoT and uses the same assets (the reason they were able to release it so quickly back on the N64) to create a completely different game. Other Zelda games have nothing to do with these two or even each other (aside from vague references and stuff). OoT and MM is a special pairing.

Fiktion

Banned
Ocarina and Majora's Mask are two parts of the same story (following the Hero of Time).

They also pair together perfectly if this is your first experience with Zelda. Ocarina gently eases you into the Zelda formula and is a timeless classic on its own. Majora's Mask then takes everything you thought you knew and turns it on its head.

Enforced

Saw these artwork through L~A's tweet. Credit to L~A.
jzmz9Qacz8R94.png

jbljkTOqG8BYZR.png

jb2tMHXAQyLyaY.png

jbcCm1oPyDB4ZY.png
More artwork.
http://lite-agent.minus.com/mB9SwY3P3mpzi

Part of Majora's Mask's strength is that it takes the reuse of assets from OoT and does interesting, strange things with them. You're intended to be taken aback when you see how Termina is like a distorted Hyrule that way.

Without OoT under your belt, you lose that.

Narroo

Part of Majora's Mask's strength is that it takes the reuse of assets from OoT and does interesting, strange things with them. You're intended to be taken aback when you see how Termina is like a distorted Hyrule that way.

Without OoT under your belt, you lose that.

A good example would be the witches!

Phazon

Most of them are enhanced versions of the artwork put up by Nintendo on Facebook, but I can't find the Fierce Deity one anywhere on their site.

Could just be some art package that's available on their PR server. L-A might have downloaded the full package and then uploaded it on the minus account.

I'm usually too lazy to visit the PR portal, so not 100% sure if it's indeed true.

zeldarocks

Neo Member
Does anyone know the user pass combo for their Press Site?

And can someone provide the credentials for Wario Ware while they're at it? :p

Phazon

Does anyone know the user pass combo for their Press Site?

And can someone provide the credentials for Wario Ware while they're at it? :p

It doesn't work this way.

The user pass for the E3 press site is just one name and pw for everyone (hence why most of you guys will be able to grab it and login too).

For their normal PR server you need to get a personal account and login :)

Edit: Just checked and they're not on the server. They are legit however. Just ask L-A if you really want to know where they came from ^^

KarmaCow

I think if today has proven anything, it's yes. yes they can be that stupid.

but hey the original was just tedious and frustrating, right? thanks for "fixing" everything, Nintendo.

I would hope it would just be to a specific time in the future. It would take away from learning about the routines while killing time but not so egregious.

The saving thing was already hashed out in the other thread. It would be dumb if it was actual hard saves for multiple reasons.

Doczu

Just give me an option to play "classic" Majora's Mask. And fuck you Nintendo for camera controls only for the n3DS. I have a CCP just for that, goddamnit!

Revven

I would hope it would just be to a specific time in the future. It would take away from learning about the routines while killing time but not so egregious.

I mean if it was just for that it'd be similar to the Scarecrow except instead of sending you 6 (or was it 12?) hours ahead it's to a specific time. Nobody got mad at the Scarecrow sending you several hours ahead or the Grandmother sending you a full 12 hours or day ahead.

Sakura

I'm watching Aonuma play the game, and it's been so long since I've actually played through Majora's Mask and the side quests, that I can't tell if stuff is new or if I'm just forgetting it.
Also I love this

Top Bottom