• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask New 3DS LE does not include game or Adapter in USA

Nintendo of America, everyone!
*slowclap*

Nintendo defense force is fighting the good fight this morning. Do you guys get tired of doing spin for the company on message boards?

Right? People here are arguing that not including an AC adapter is a good thing. Am I still asleep and this is some weird manifestation of my subconscious?

Sephzilla

I'm okay with no game being included because if the game was included it would be an inferior digital version that I cant set next to my physical copy of Ocarina of Time 3DS. No AC adapter is puzzling though.

Aeana

This is actually fine for me, since I'd rather own the game on a cartridge.

NA is the only region to include chargers with 3DS systems after the original release... and it's the same charger as the DSi. I have five of them. I'm sure most people have at least one laying around.

It not coming with an AC adaptor is good for shops. It means you are guaranteed to walk out with two items rather than one when you come in.

It's a weird metric, but it's something they measure in retail. Basically store employees have more of a reason to push the XL this way.

NateDrake

N3DSXL themed system is a ripoff at MSRP because it doesn't come with the game? Are we serious right now? It isn't a bundle. It is a themed system. Nothing more. It wasn't advertised as anything else. FFS......

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Yep, the "no charger" thing has been standard practice for the rest of the world for sometime. Even the Ambassador edition n3DS didn't include one.

TheOGB

Banned
Pfffffft, that is dumb as hell. I figured the AC adaptor might be missing, but the game it's based on too? C'mon NoA

I suppose they didn't say it was a bundle, but...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hahaha man, I forgot about "no adapter included" being a thing. That is such a fucked up policy.

LQX

What the fuck? They think we are just going to have chargers lying around? If your shit is not USB and uses proprietary cable you damn well better include it. This is ridiculous and of course some Nintendo drones would defend it.

It not coming with an AC adaptor is good for shops. It means you are guaranteed to walk out with two items rather than one when you come in.

It's a weird metric, but it's something they measure in retail. Basically store employees have more of a reason to push the XL this way.

Except it's not even being sold in stores?

Welcome to our world americans. UKers never had a charger sold with the system even back when the 3DS first came out, and we still don't get it included.

NFreak

I'm glad the game isn't bundled in to just increase the price because I buy physical games. The charger thing has been stupid since they started doing it in Europe/Japan and it's still stupid now.

Are people seriously suprised by this? The Smash and Persona Q XLs didn't come with their games included either. Not that big of a deal.

Eteric Rice

Not including the adapter is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We're in 2015 god damn it, that shit is standard with anything you buy.

Derpyduck

Banned
I've been super vocal against Nintendo, look at my history if you want, but this isn't a big deal. At all. Even if this is $250 with no game, it's a collector's edition. It's limited. They can charge more if they want. You still have the option of the other versions.

This anger is ridiculous. I don't get it at all.

Compare the list of limited editions that came with the game and those that didn't. That's why people might be angry. It's a cheap move and it's incredibly stupid. It's not hard to see why people might be upset.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't matter. It was going to sell out anyway. Money's money, so why not cut corners?

They are secretly hiding a price increase by not including the adapter. And plenty of people will assume it comes with the game, including people buying it as a gift for someone else.
That isn't a bad point. I remember the Pokemon XY XLs over here didn't come with the game which did trip a few people up. It is probably why the ORAS 2DS and this MM one have to come with the game (and cost way more :( ).

There's always someone ready and willing to defend shit business practices as if they own stock in the shitty business. Today, that someone is you.
How about instead of insulting me you try and explain to me why not including a game is shitty? I am arguing that including a game is shitty because it might be a format you don't like (digital) and it adds to the cost (see Europe) so why not give the consumer the respect they deserve to make their own decisions.

Unless it is the AC adapter part in which case don't you think it is kind of shitty that those who have no need for an AC adapter (as they own at least one of the following: DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS) were effectively paying more?

Mendrox

Best review:

n9UuyeD.png

Jarmel

Banned
Unless it is the AC adapter part in which case don't you think it is kind of shitty that those who have no need for an AC adapter (as they own at least one of the following: DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS) were effectively paying more?

Except you weren't.

I actually hope they just start charging less and not bundling games in with special editions. I want to buy a special edition New 3DS, but I don't want anything pre installed. I buy all my games physically. If I were a Zelda fan I'd actually prefer it this way. This just seems like people complaining about nothing. Unless they're charging you the same amount they would charge you if they bundled the game in I don't see what the big deal is.

The lack of adapter is a load of shit though. That should come standard with every console.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Why don't you guys just buy the charger if you need it? This is the same forum that pays out the ass for proprietary memory sticks and waste money on games they never touch right?

Einbroch

Banned
Compare the list of limited editions that came with the game and those that didn't. That's why people might be angry. It's a cheap move and it's incredibly stupid. It's not hard to see why people might be upset.

How is it cheap?

It's $200. It's the same price as the other versions. You have the option to buy the game physically now. How is choice not a good thing? Are we discussing the version itself or the lack of a AC adapter? Those things are like $2 online. Order one now so you'll have it by the time your nXL gets to your place. That's literally a soda out of a vending machine.

That's what I don't get. The tax you pay on the nXL is going to be three times what a charger costs. It's ridiculous to get upset over something so silly.

emb

Would it translate to a higher cost, or to a lower margin for Nintendo/retailers?

Why don't you guys just buy the charger if you need it? This is the same forum that pays out the ass for proprietary memory sticks and waste money on games they never touch right?
You get out of here with your logic and reason. We won't have any of that here.

Top Bottom