• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MajorNelson streaming with the new XboxOne Twitch App

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I was wondering how the quality would look with an online game. Obviously you're gonna need a ton of bandwidth to have some quality streams in a game like Titanfall.

jbug617

Banned
Major said he has 30/10. When you boot up twitch the first time the app tests and recommend settings for the stream. You can change those settings if you want.

jet1911

Looks alright.

sanstitrev5q2v.png

Mikey Jr.

He has 10mbs up, so not surprised it looks crisp.

Also, apparently the chat function is a "snap", which is NOT displayed.

So when you are streaming, you can see the chat in that chat overlay, but watchers will only see the game.

Ryaaan14

Banned
He has 10mbs up, so not surprised it looks crisp.

Also, apparently the chat function is a "snap", which is NOT displayed.

So when you are streaming, you can see the chat in that chat overlay, but watchers will only see the game.

That is fucking great.

rbanke

Getting weird sound stutters but it looks good. I wonder if it will look worse watching from an xbox. I noticed PS4 streams look great on the twitch site but terrible in the ps4 app

Ambient80

I wish he'd clarify seeing chat. I know he said he can snap it in, but he also said he sees it on his Surface. I wonder if the Surface is showing Twitch chat via SmartGlass, or if he just has Twitch loaded in the browser. SmartGlass for chat would be fantastic.

VIdeo quality is great. He is just using the basic Xbox One chat headset and its quality is nice too.
Twitch stream is going to be awesome on Xbone :)

Sobriquet

Getting weird sound stutters but it looks good. I wonder if it will look worse watching from an xbox. I noticed PS4 streams look great on the twitch site but terrible in the ps4 app

Looks much better on Twitch than it does on the Xbone app.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

You have to let the PS4 app "load" the quality. It'll load into 240p when you jump into a stream, then 360p, then finally HD in about eight seconds or so.

rbanke

Bro, this SMOKES PS4 twitch app.

PS4 still has the edge IMO because it has ustream, so it lets people have other types of shows not relegated to gaming.
yea, but does the xbox app look the same as the web stream, cause the ps4 isnt

Bsigg12

VIdeo quality is great. He is just using the basic Xbox One chat headset and its quality is nice too. Twitch stream is going to be awesome on Xbone :)

Twitch to crash on Tuesday due to both PC and Xbox One steamers combining to call down all the Titans.

Top Bottom