• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MajorNelson streaming with the new XboxOne Twitch App

xkramz

Are you guys getting varying quality? Occasionally it looks as good as if I were playing, then it gets all pixelated.
major Nelson stream looks better through a PC at source quality.

But I'm watching the live stream through my xbo and the quality is constant.

Sometimes when my internet slows down, many streams that I'm watching fluctuate in quality

Are they using the same internet speed?

Huh.

I'll be honest, they kinda look............the same. Even though technically the Xbox should be beating it. Kinda hard to see the difference.

You can't choose the quality on his XB1 stream like Major Nelson's though. I think he's running at a lower quality.

mmitt

looks like crap on both. I think twitch limits quality until you reach a certain threshold and then you stream full quality like Nelson.

there is no limitation for non-partnered streams afaik
partnered channels just have the options to lower the stream's quality for people who have issues with whatever the broadcaster is streaming with

a bunch of non-partners stream in 1080p with a higher bandwidth, this guy for example

Chobel

Huh.

I'll be honest, they kinda look............the same. Even though technically the Xbox should be beating it. Kinda hard to see the difference.

Maybe because CoD looks better in PS4 but the twitch streaming in Xbone is better, so it balance out?

So if the xbox twitch ends up streaming with a much higher quality than the ps4. Is this something sony can improve upon via a patch?

Looks pretty good imo, I wanna see how a 60FPS game looks tho
It'll be 30FPS according to the OP.

Speaking of which, it'd be real nice if we could watch Twitch streams on the Source setting on XBOne, or any console for that matter. As of now the only platform you can actually watch Twitch streams at Source quality is on PC. This is why FGC streams like the So Cal Regionals over the weekend are 60-ish FPS on PC and 30FPS everywhere else. It's a bummer. You'd think with Microsoft's software expertise they could do it.

Chobel

Forgive my ignorance but I would like to know something since I have no idea how twitch work, Why does some streams let you choose stream quality (Major stream) and others don't?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
He hasn't said anything about it, but I'm 99% sure it will.

It's already confirmed that you do need Gold.

Forgive my ignorance but I would like to know something since I have no idea how twitch work, Why does some streams let you choose stream quality (Major stream) and others don't?

If you have a large number of viewers at one time...something in the hundreds I think, or maybe over a thousand, not sure...you get to have better quality feeds. That's the rules on Twitch side.

there is no limitation for non-partnered streams afaik
partnered channels just have the options to lower the stream's quality for people who have issues with whatever the broadcaster is streaming with

a bunch of non-partners stream in 1080p with a higher bandwidth, this guy for example

I see.

RedAssedApe

Banned
hmm...i'm on 20/2 connection. majors stream looks about the same as this guy streaming on the ps4? was viewing on my phone, laptop, and ps4. or is it just on my end? (need my eyes checked?) haha

http://www.twitch.tv/thumpmaster69

i'm seen a lot of crappy looking streams on live on playstation and i've pretty much just chalked it up to poor upload speeds. probably on cable connections that are generally 1-2Mbps unless you start getting into the high end tiers?

In order to lower the stress on Twitch's transcoding servers, They limit the quality settings to partnered streams only. You have to meet certain requirements to get them.

jabuseika

nqcxJto.png

Looks like the perfect PSN/XBLA game

It has more expensive looking presentation and a bigger mix of characters and upgrades than an XBLA or PSN game, though. A patch with more content is coming for free this month too, so I feel it's closer to a $40 game than $20 for sure.

jabuseika

If you're partnered with Twitch you can have the transcoder at all times (the quality selection thingy) for your viewers.

I think if you are not partnered but you have more than 60? viewers you automatically get the transcoder while you keep your viewers that number.

hmm...i'm on 20/2 connection. majors stream looks about the same as this guy streaming on the ps4? was viewing on my phone, laptop, and ps4. or is it just on my end? (need my eyes checked?) haha

http://www.twitch.tv/thumpmaster69

i'm seen a lot of crappy looking streams on live on playstation and i've pretty much just chalked it up to poor upload speeds. probably on cable connections that are generally 1-2Mbps unless you start getting into the high end tiers?

Nope same here but seems he is one of the only HQ PS4 streams. BF4,COD streamers have terrible quality.

Top Bottom