• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MajorNelson streaming with the new XboxOne Twitch App

Gowans

Does the Xbone have a video encoding chip it are they doing this in pure software? I thought that was the reason it was held up.

I was watching my own stream (so meta) and it looked pretty good. Thanks for the feedback.

FYI My upload maxes out around 2Mbps. Other people streaming must be on REALLY bad connections as half of them are so blocky as to be un-viewable for gameplay. Would be rad if the Xbox One goes up to 720p but so far max quality on both looked to be similar to me (assuming it wasn't a connection issue on my end)

Also does anyone know why I can't get chat to connect properly on Google Chrome? Seems to work just fine on Safari and Firefox on my Mac. Tried the solutions in some of the Twitch articles like clearing cache and using specific flash plugins.

It's ok. We've all done it. I just upgraded my Internet so my xbox one get 22mbps upload.

The quality setting option doesnt appear automatically, you have to contact twitch and then when you meet the requirements you get the option. Then after that if you meet a certain threshold you get a sub button.

So I can contact twitch to get a quality option without having to become partnered? It gets annoying when my viewers have to refresh their page or leave and come back because they're now given the option to choose quality.

FYI if you guys didn't know, the broadcaster can not interact with people during the stream by typing to them in chat, like you can on the web... you need to use your microphone, or Kinect to interact with people in your chat. Should have been obvious by now, but just incase people were wondering.

FYI if you guys didn't know, the broadcaster can not interact with people during the stream by typing to them in chat, like you can on the web... you need to use your microphone, or Kinect to interact with people in your chat. Should have been obvious by now, but just incase people were wondering.

What do you mean? I use my laptop to chat while streaming on ps4. I can't do it on Xbox?

Edit: Nevermind. I think you're telling them you can't chat through the xbox one. That would be a waste of time anyway lol. Take too long.

Anyone know how easy it will be for xbox users to follow a broadcaster? Will there be a place for xbox users to watch all xbox users like PS Live? I hate how ps4 doesn't have a follow button.

T.O.P

Banned
Might as weel use this thread, am i the only one that can't watch Twitch properly on the X1?

The quality keeps on changing every 5 seconds more or less, wich makes it pretty much unwatchable :(

And i seriously need it to be good before Evo comes

What do you mean? I use my laptop to chat while streaming on ps4. I can't do it on Xbox?

Edit: Nevermind. I think you're telling them you can't chat through the xbox one. That would be a waste of time anyway lol. Take too long.

Ya, that's what I meant :p. Would be a HUGE waste of time, just making sure people aren't expecting it :p.

Anyone know how easy it will be for xbox users to follow a broadcaster? Will there be a place for xbox users to watch all xbox users like PS Live? I hate how ps4 doesn't have a follow button.
Not sure about the bolded

If you are friends with them then it will tell you on the friends tile if they are broadcasting.

Yep! I have Major Nelson set as a "favorite" and when he came online last night I got a notification pop up on my screen telling me he had started streaming and holding the guide button brought me right to his stream.

If you go to the Friends app, and click on someone's name, on their gamercard area if they are broadcasting it will have a broadcasting section allowing you to select it. It also shows how many viewers it has, game playing, ect.

^^Just some more info for people who haven't seen it yet.

xkramz

Can you ban users and create mods from the console?

From this u can create mods

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-twitch-broadcasting

You can use your Android or any mobile phone with twitch and open your own stream and go into chat only mode and chat with your stream monsters

Tangeroo

Xbox One streams 1280x720, 30 fps, ~2.5 Mbps on Twitch, For comparison, PS4 streams 960x540, 30 fps ~1.7 Mbps.

when can we do this
I thought the new update is today?
I am on the beta, so I already have the option to
'broadcast'

Very nice. You can watch all Xbox One games at native resolution/fps.

I skimmed through both videos and it all looks good, but I never spotted what it looks like if he got a message or anything, or alerts?

I know the PS4 blurs who it's from or something...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Archives dont seem to show on iOS app neither the fact that I'm following Major Nelson.

BibiMaghoo

Archives is a big deal. I don't bother streaming anything on PS4 because that is missing. They need to get it done yesterday.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How can this have archiving when PS4 streaming doesn't? Or, rather, why doesn't the PS4? MS paying Twitch for it? There's clearly nothing technical on the console end that makes it impossible on PS4 (that wouldn't even make sense), it's just that it's switched off on the Twitch side, so what's up?

PIRL0

Neo Member
regarding archived videos.. i have an issue with them whenever i open an archived video it dose'nt load and takes around 2-3 minutes to start and then same amout to buffer every 10 seconds.. my connection is good enough i think i have 30 mb down and 12 up.. can anyone help with this issue please ? i use google chrome it might be relevant to the issue.

jbug617

Banned
How can this have archiving when PS4 streaming doesn't? Or, rather, why doesn't the PS4? MS paying Twitch for it? There's clearly nothing technical on the console end that makes it impossible on PS4 (that wouldn't even make sense), it's just that it's switched off on the Twitch side, so what's up?

It's a Sony problem

"We find archiving to be an exciting part of the broadcast experience, especially since broadcasters and their viewers love to be able to revisit and share some of their most memorable moments," Twitch's VP of Marketing Matthew DiPietro told Joystiq. "It's up to our partners to determine if it's a feature set they want to offer as part of their Twitch integration, so we encourage them to keep this functionality top of mind."

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/22/twitch-archiving-planned-for-ps4-being-considered-for-xbox-one/

Sorral

This is good news. I hope it pushes Sony to allow higher quality streaming and also stream archives.
That's what I am hoping for as well. Hopefully, it will make Sony push streaming updates and features faster than what they were planning.

It woulda been ideal to have the service at launch, but better late than never (and before TitanFall too!). It seems like it works really well.

It's pretty cool that every Xbox One comes with everything you need to run a high quality stream w/ commentary and a camera.
There's going to be a nice community of Xbox One streams on Twitch.

I'm streaming Ryse (near the end - spoiler potential) for a few minutes - twitch.tv/titanfool

let me know how it looks, I have project spark downloading so may be a little slow...

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I'm streaming Ryse (near the end - spoiler potential) for a few minutes - twitch.tv/titanfool

let me know how it looks, I have project spark downloading so may be a little slow...

I can see it, quality isn't as good as MajorNelson but watchable.

Do you work for MS?

Top Bottom