• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Makai Shin Trillion |OT| 7 Dead Sins

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
http://www.compileheart.com/news/?num=20150724

Compile Heart have put up an apology on their website for stock shortages. Not sure how regular an occurrence this is with them, but I'll take it as a positive sign for sales regardless.

Updated the OP with the video, thanks. I'm choosing not to get my hopes up over localisation. That way my soul won't be shattered into a trillion fragments if it doesn't come westwards.

Great stuff again. If you'd rather figure things out on your own then I won't say much in response, but IIRC the website says a demon can't retreat
if they run out of relationship points (the points you can use in place of HP/MP)
, so bear that in mind if you're trying to keep Levia alive. It also has a page on revival here, and it suggests that
you need all 6 sins to be dead first
. I'm assuming it'll come up / be explained later in the game.

That stuff about not being able to retreat is mentioned before during one of the mock battles with Mokujin I think... Regardless, the tutorial for it comes up before the actual first real fight against Trillion.

From the look of it judging by amazon they do seem to be having stock shortages. But guess they went conservative with the initial productions considering the gameplay design and such.

Parakeetman

So this is why I couldn't find this game at softmap

Yeah I was watching last night on amazon too and seemed like stock was vanishing and like clockwork the marketplace hyenas stepping up to bat with high prices. More for the LE though.

Next restock seems to be the 29th from the Amazon prediction.

Am sad to hear you were unable to secure a copy D: Thats funny too considering sofmap is usually the place to find stuff when Yodobashi runs out...

HGH

Banned
http://www.compileheart.com/news/?num=20150724

Compile Heart have put up an apology on their website for stock shortages. Not sure how regular an occurrence this is with them, but I'll take it as a positive sign for sales regardless.
It happened for Neptunia U too, and that was one of their better selling titles.
The way the market works over there, this is more on the retailers underestimating demand than anything, right?

aitakute

It happened for Neptunia U too, and that was one of their better selling titles.
The way the market works over there, this is more on the retailers underestimating demand than anything, right?

It's understandable. This one is the first in a new series after all. About this series though, the second game doesn't look like it have anything to do with this game. Why call it Makai ichiban kan series when the games don't have any connection?

Parakeetman

It also happened with Monster Monpiece:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/2...g-well-compile-heart-apologize-for-shortages/

And then again with Moero Chronicle:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/20/moero-chronicle-short-supply-just-like-monster-monpiece-launch/

Seems to be a recurring theme for Compile Heart Vita games.

All of which seem to be trying something new in general. Which could mean that they are highly conservative with print numbers when it comes to those type of new games.

But enough of the off topic conversations.

For those that can read Japanese heres a review of the game from a trusted source, they usually get games fairly early and always either clear them once or multiple times when they do their reviews.

http://game.girldoll.org/trillion-review/

And no Im not going to read it for you.

Generally lots of praise and good points brought up. One that I agree with 100% is that this is not a game for someone who has to run to a wiki every 5 seconds. As it kills the total overall experience that the devs are trying to bring to the player. Since this is about your decisions and not just following what someone else did to achieve success. Really will lessen the games overall impact on you as a player if you are constantly following a guide instead of thinking for yourself and living with your actions lol.

Positives were praise for the characters, system of being able to carry over stats from the characters who have died and the overall design / idea of the game itself.

Negatives were they wish the camera was a bit more free form and also the attack indicators on the floor grid were a bit easier to decipher. (Do agree with this as when there are multple going off at times in the same general area it does get to be a slight mess at times.)

Parakeetman

Finally ran out of the number of times i could escape and screwed up one action which caused Levia to die. D: If I had been paying closer attention am almost certain I could have brought Trillion down to at least 800 billion. Since had him down to about 900 billion before I screwed up and kept him from advancing too far ahead, so with that taken into consideration yeah would have made it if I just did not fuck up D:

Though overall the fight itself would have been impossible to actually win due to just not enough damage output and the fact that even if you try to prevent Trillion from advancing by staying in the front he still seems to do the jumping stomp eventually. Which means you wont be able to fully fight it out for the whole remainder of his HP. At least it does not seem like it.

Most def do not use your favorite character first lol

Cant wait to see this game traumatize more folks

This game really does have some fantastic voice acting though, that most def would not be able to be replicated with a dub. Even more so considering how niche of a title this is so can see the localization budget being shoestring. So with that being said lets just hope that they keep it as JP + Subs instead. Otherwise if the VA work + writing is poor can really see it having a huge negative effect on the game itself, considering that this title the focus is on the story and event scenes.

The story moves onto the next chapter after a death it seems. As have progressed into the second chapter now. Instead of reloading will just continue on and see what happens.

[Impressions]
I'm sorry for your loss. If you have a really bad Trillion fight I'm assuming you can just load a save file right before it and try again? Agreed with your thoughts on VA work, a bad dub would likely kill much of the atmosphere, particularly during the death scenes. Plus it'd doubtlessly make Gluttony even more annoying.

Out of interest, which death skill did you use?

Parakeetman

I'm sorry for your loss. If you have a really bad Trillion fight I'm assuming you can just load a save file right before it and try again? Agreed with your thoughts on VA work, a bad dub would likely kill much of the atmosphere, particularly during the death scenes. Plus it'd doubtlessly make Gluttony even more annoying.

Out of interest, which death skill did you use?

yeah the game gives you a ton of save slots. so you can try again if you wanted. have to back out to the title screen to load though.

i went with the large damage attack due to having lost way too much ground as is from not dealing enough damage to slow trillions consumption of the world. wanted to go with the spirit form though.

Parakeetman

http://www.compileheart.com/news/?num=20150727

Another apology from Compile Heart for stock problems.

http://www.compileheart.com/trillion/other/patch.html

Also v1.01's coming July 30th. Seems to be adding a viewer for past events, a training dungeon item that allows you to escape it without losing your spoils (?), and some change to carry-over EXP that I can't make sense of.

Other thing seems to be for when the player does another playthrough of the game I think.

Im still working on progressing with my 2nd character Mammon, but she is nowhere as strong as Levia was. D: Also Levia had way better seals equipped all which went up in smoke lol. D:

Other thing seems to be for when the player does another playthrough of the game I think.

Im still working on progressing with my 2nd character Mammon, but she is nowhere as strong as Levia was. D: Also Levia had way better seals equipped all which went up in smoke lol. D:

Are the Death Skills affected by the Seals or could you technically strip your seals right before you know you're going to die to maintain them (assuming you can change equipment in battle) ?

Parakeetman

Are the Death Skills affected by the Seals or could you technically strip your seals right before you know you're going to die to maintain them (assuming you can change equipment in battle) ?

Seal changes can only be done at the blacksmith so has to be swapped out before hand. Most likely if its your first character chances are you wont be spending too much $$$ on upgrading the slots in the characters weapons to increase the amount of seals that can be equipped. As it gets pretty expensive and money is hard to come by unless you want to go wasting several days collecting from the citizens of Makai. Though am unsure if there are any negative effects if you do it too much. Since I rarely use the command to collect from the citizens. You can earn cash by selling items from the Makai Gacha & Training Dungeon or found in the Training Dungeon. There is a skill too that increases the chance of $$$ being dropped from enemies killed in the training dungeon

Generally would suggest against using the best seals for the first character. As thats what I did and yeah, its way too hard to try and win only with 1 character.

Im not sure if the seals effect the death skill attack for example. The other things are not attacks so dont think the seals would effect them

Kudo

Still waiting for the Famitsu DX limited edition from Ebten, hopefully receiving it the next week so I get to play this.
Gluttony and Pride, I'll see how far I can take them..

Parakeetman

Still waiting for the Famitsu DX limited edition from Ebten, hopefully receiving it the next week so I get to play this.
Gluttony and Pride, I'll see how far I can take them..

What was in that version? Actually Ill go look now. Had no idea one existed lol

Also its your fault that while looking for that stuff found this instead on the site and will be putting in an order for it lol

http://ebten.jp/famitsu/p/4531894624134/

Kudo

Im so buying an Envy / Levia figure as soon as someone makes one. D:

Would be so awesome to see that happen, I'd be down for figures of all the main heroines.
Hopefully the game met sales expectations, really liking everything I'm reading about the game so far, with luck we might see some goodies later if it was a hit for them.

Parakeetman

Would be so awesome to see that happen, I'd be down for figures of all the main heroines.
Hopefully the game met sales expectations, really liking everything I'm reading about the game so far, with luck we might see some goodies later if it was a hit for them.

I think it might be doing better than they expected since the reception seems to be fairly positive.

Kudo

I think it might be doing better than they expected since the reception seems to be fairly positive.

Everything does point that way which is great. Gotta check out Media Create numbers when those come for the week, but I guess that selling out in big stores like sofmap is good indication that it's doing fairly well for them.

Parakeetman

Everything does point that way which is great. Gotta check out Media Create numbers when those come for the week, but I guess that selling out in big stores like sofmap is good indication that it's doing fairly well for them.

More like it selling out on Amazon was crazy haha

Fhoenix

Got the game too. Parakeetman is right, music and voice acting are great. Also the game has quite a lot of random events. Some of the events affect your stats and are probably common for all characters, while others a pure story/character interaction. I am thinking collecting all the events will be pretty hard.

I took Levi-tan as my first character too. Did two battles with Trillion, first battle I removed 8% of his hp, second battle - 10%. There is going to be a third battle, so it will be close to 30% with one character and my stats/weapon seem to be around a third of the in game maximum, so taking out Trillion with one character may be possible, but really really hard. Definitely not on the first walk-through. The game really expects you to waste all your characters killing him, but I think the game system may be slightly too easy for that. I foresee I will have to kill my own characters if I want to see the whole story, as only three characters are available initially.

Parakeetman

As mentioned basically it seems the game moves on chapter wise after a character dies. So with that being said most def you will have to have a bunch of deaths to see the story progress.

This title is most def something that a lot of time will be put into if the player wants to see all the events and story content.

Unfortunately Ray Gigant has arrived so need to focus on that so have put my play on hold for a bit. Then again its not like this thread was all that active anyways, so me going missing for a while isnt really going to change anything here lol.

Cleve

How big are Compile Heart? I feel like there's a new game with fairly high production value out of them every few months.

Parakeetman

How big are Compile Heart? I feel like there's a new game with fairly high production value out of them every few months.

No idea, just looked at the corporate sites and they did not have # of employees listed. Generally they are still just producing the same amount of content in general. Im still the most impressed with the work they put into the Neptunia Vita remakes, due to the insane speed with the loading time.

But in general they are kinda hit or miss on occasion though. This title most def was a hit as it really was a huge unknown till it came out and folks got hands on with it. It is good to see though as thought this was a highly ambitious project design wise, since honestly there is not that much gameplay. But the crazy thing is that it all works very well.

HGH

Banned
I can't find it anywhere, but I distinctly recall reading that IdeaFactory had a total of 130 employees in 2013. But they've gone through recruitment drives since then, not to mention partially acquiring Felistella, so that number's definitely way bigger now.

Fhoenix

Oh wow, when you take 30% of his life
he transforms into a new form and that stops the fight for two weeks
. I am killing him too fast 0_0
The most annoying thing is that you lose all your memory points after each Trillion fight and since each new activation comes faster than the last one, you have less time to grind them (not to mention you run out of story events that give big memory boosts).

Parakeetman

Did you get a copy already? I thought it's coming out tomorrow. Hm, we don't seem to have an OP for it.

Im still working on it the OT that is. Sides not that many people are importing anyways, so will be the usual small numbers hence no rush as it does not officially come out till tomorrow anyways. Have had a copy for about 10 hours already, but been busy with other things so did not open it yet.

The most annoying thing is that you lose all your memory points after each Trillion fight and since each new activation comes faster than the last one, you have less time to grind them (not to mention you run out of story events that give big memory boosts).

Basically your first fight is the best chance to do the most damage to him for that very reason, wasting it wastes a ton of time and points otherwise. Since as you just mentioned each time you try to skip out to get another chance to fight its all from zero again with the memory points. Even constantly giving items that they like every day for 3 turns is a huge waste of resources after that and still wont get you up to what you were from the first month. lol

Parakeetman

http://www.compileheart.com/trillion/other/patch2.html

Having a hard time making sense of this (as usual), but there's some issue with the v1.01 patch regarding clear data. Also the free Vita theme that was going to be released with this patch has now been postponed to the v1.02 patch.

Something goes wrong when trying to port over clear data with the exp and $$$. Due to the issues they have stopped the patch till they fix the issue.

Something goes wrong when trying to port over clear data with the exp and $$$. Due to the issues they have stopped the patch till they fix the issue.
Thanks. Man, Compile Heart aren't having a good run with this at the moment.

Huh, I knew about
the form change
but the website screenshots suggested it was at 50% rather than 30%. Wonder if there's another one to come?

Fhoenix

Huh, I knew about
the form change
but the website screenshots suggested it was at 50% rather than 30%. Wonder if there's another one to come?

Yes, you can see that from the trophy list. I heard on the image boards that
the last form
becomes immune to any skill after one use, so it the fight turns into pure physical melee fest.
Also
second form
has much higher speed and a couple of sub-bosses guarding it from the sides. The fight went from "I can easily hack Trillion's tail all day long" to "I can't even approach the boss and even the test dummy kills me" after 70% mark.

The website says they're adding in the skills that I assume were going to be included in the Rank A/S pre-order bonuses. They'll be free DLC on 11 August.

ncio6bQ.jpg
soBo4YT.jpg

Parakeetman

Compile Heart have put up a DLC code on their website (slightly NSFW image warning) for the Rank B bonus stuff, though the Vita theme isn't coming until 11 August. You need the 1.02 patch before you can use it, which should be out today.

The code's only valid until 31 August so make sure to get it. Quote to reveal it if you don't want to visit the site:

Will have to go and get the DLs later on esp if they run out on the 31st. Thanks for the update on this.

Kudo

Compile Heart have put up a DLC code on their website (slightly NSFW image warning) for the Rank B bonus stuff, though the Vita theme isn't coming until 11 August. You need the 1.02 patch before you can use it, which should be out today.

The code's only valid until 31 August so make sure to get it. Quote to reveal it if you don't want to visit the site:

Makes me wish Vita was little more like PS3/PS4 regarding accounts. Nevertheless will try to redeem the code on JPN account in case I ever play it on that. Thanks for the tip.

Kudo

Finally had the time to start playing this, damn the Prologue was really long but nice nevertheless.
I can choose Peruperu later in the game right? As the game starts with only Mamon, Levia and her so I went with Levia, I don't want to sacrifice Prpr yet.
Seems pretty nice so far, lots of tutorials though, will continue tonight.

Parakeetman

Finally had the time to start playing this, damn the Prologue was really long but nice nevertheless.
I can choose Peruperu later in the game right? As the game starts with only Mamon, Levia and her so I went with Levia, I don't want to sacrifice Prpr yet.
Seems pretty nice so far, lots of tutorials though, will continue tonight.

Yeah basically how it seems to work is that you are able to choose from the initial pool of choices after the first member dies. Then from there the next pool is available once the first group all dies.

This game basically to advance the story members need to die lol

Fhoenix

You can use the first three in whatever order. Starting from chapter four the order is fixed.
I beat the game with the fifth character btw.

Top Bottom