• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strelkov is bragging about it, thinking they shot down Ukrainian AN-26:

BswY6OtCQAEJPIa.png:large

This is what happens if you send Buk rocket systems to terrorists.... Happy now, Russia?

Who is this guy, is he a rebel?

benjipwns

Banned
What if the "missing" plane was the setup for this? Why was Obama's timing so close? I'm just asking questions about the neoliberals nefarious plots against the Motherland.

Nibel

Surreal stuff.

What the fuck is just going on over there. My warmest condolences to the involved families and friends, this is horrible.

Considering that separatist/cryptorussian forces are the only ones that have been shooting down airplanes in this conflict, there's a good chance it's them again.

pulsemyne

Well, that was fast (from Telegraph ticker site)

The Donetsk People’s Republic, where fighting continues between Kiev and opposition, has rejected any involvement in the incident, as there are reports that the plane was shot down.

It said its self-defense forces just don’t have such military equipment.
Wierd because this morning they were showing off a Buk missile launcher to associated press people. They also claimed to have shot down a plane with it earlier.

Terra

Now...things are about to happen. Absolutely unacceptable.

My thoughts go out to the families affected by this.

iceatcs

Wow Russia just have denied any involvement in the plane crash.

No sorry etc... Pretty much obvious from them.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
What the hell??

Two Malaysian flights ??

RIP to all on board .

So a conflict between two groups drags outside civilians into it . Shit

Can't see it being the Ukrainian Gov who shot it down, it's already flown over most of Ukraine, why would they shoot it down just before it crossed the border?

Has to be the 'Russian Rebels'

I always wondered why passenger jets flew over these countries. I remember being so worried when the Air India flight I was in flew over Afghanistan. There are UAV's, fighters flying all over the place, just stay away!!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
A lot of how the Western world will respond is by whether or not actual citizens of their countries were onboard. If there were any US, French, English or Germans onboard shit will not go over well compared to if there weren't any.

Jezbollah

I feel bad about the Malaysians. Two jets lost within a year, over 400 people dead

sad... RIP

And two Boeing 777s - they are one of the most reliable planes ever made.

A bit of context here.

The altitude and path that this aircraft was flying at would be completely normal for civilian flights.

Some trigger happy fuckhead just made a colossal fuck up.

Both sides have Buk missle system. But it seems more likely that the Russian is behind it.

I would be shocked if Russia was directly behind this attack.

Russian rebels in Eastern Ukraine most likely. This might be the straw that broke the camels back, I don't think Europe is going to stand for this shit anymore.

Heard it was a combined flight, both KLM and Malaysian. So probably both Dutch and Malaysian people on board.

And I don't see a reason for this being shot down besides a huge mistake. And if the rebels shot it down, how in the hell did they get their hands on a rocket that can reach an altitude of 10km? This whole thing is weird.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is incredibly fucked up.

Many condolences to the families who lost loved ones onboard

Hopefully we see some repercussions come to the rebels who did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom