• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MaLDoHD 4.0 Final for Crysis 2 released

kami_sama

I think the game with mod will be the first thing to play when I get my new card!

From a 5770 that has 512 MB to a 7950 with 3GB!

RooMHM

Screenshot69036.jpg
Is this real life?

ElfArmy177

Can someone help me? Maldo completly messed up my game and now it loads up in a weird as hell resolution and says "undefined". It wont let me change the resolution and I cant find the CFG file to change the default CFG....

Edit: Just figured out its if I load crysis 2 in DX11 mode under windows 8. Anyone know of a fix? Thanks!

MaLDo

Can someone help me? Maldo completly messed up my game and now it loads up in a weird as hell resolution and says "undefined". It wont let me change the resolution and I cant find the CFG file to change the default CFG....

Edit: Just figured out its if I load crysis 2 in DX11 mode under windows 8. Anyone know of a fix? Thanks!

From the mod blog

If you are using Windows 8, you must avoid two highest values for antialiasing in Config Tool. Those modes use SMAA injector through SweetFX. A lot of users have reported "uknow resolution" problems with this injector in Windows 8. I can't find a fix because I don't have W8.

UPDATE 4 - ABOUT WINDOWS 8 COMPATIBILITY: Using 2 highest antialiasing levels in config tool, can result in "resolution undefined" problem if you're using Windows 8. It's a problem with the SMAA injector used in those two AA levels. One fix is reducing AA level in config tool. If you don't want to reduce AA level, you need to know some people have reported that running Crysis 2 "As administrator" fix the problem.

Zimbardo

thank you Maldo. the mod works great for me and makes the game look even more fantastic ...its pretty much like playing a tech demo. amazing!

MaLDo

This is awesome. Running nearly perfectly on my 6870/i5 3500k at 60fps. Only issue I'm running into is loading times are in the 2-3 minute mark, and I'm getting 10 or so second pauses throughout gameplay every few minutes. Otherwise this has made the game much more playable for me.

It's strange, the first menu (cryengine eye screen) loads in 14 seconds and every level loads in 8-9 seconds with 1,5 gb vram.

Mithos

Some posters here get 60 fps on a 670. Seems to perform better than Vanilla Crysis

I get 60fps on my i7 920 @ 2.8ghz, 6gb ram and a 660Ti 2gb ram, on vanilla and on MaldoHD @ 1080p and extreme settings (and following recommendations about settings on Maldo's blog), but on MaldoHD I get screen tearing like mad, can't get D3DOveride to trigger it seems, and using in-game V-sync makes fps jump like a jo-jo.

Oh and loading as someone said earlier is very long compared to vanilla, but that's no bother.

RoKKeR

Quick (and embarrassing) question, but what is a good program to monitor VRAM usage? I just want to make sure my 570 isn't melting when I run this.

IMACOMPUTA

Can't launch the game after installing Maldo.

Black screen/unable to alt+tab and if i start task manager:
maldo1d6jg5.png

EDIT: Can't run the game without the mod either.

Settings:
maldo2m7jqp.png

Specs:
i5 3570k @ 4.3 Ghz
2x 6950's crossfire (shaders unlocked) Catalyst 13.2 beta 5 driver
12 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional x64

Damian.

Banned
What, it makes the game run better???

Ok, I'll wait for MaLDo before I play Crysis 3.

It runs better for me. Having all in-game settings maxed out with vanilla Crysis 2 I get a lot of dips to the 50's with a 680. Using the mod I stay at 60fps more often.

IMACOMPUTA

Not sure what was causing it, but i changed the slider to ULTRA settings and it runs pretty much locked at 50fps from what i can tell.

So yay!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This is a known problem with the Crysis games, especially when you are outputting via HDMI to a HDTV or simply just via HDMI.

Create a custom resolution of 2048 x 1152 @ 60hz in the Nvidia control panel and play using that. Problem solved with minimal drop in performance.

Is this problem also on AMD cards?

Varna

Are those shots from the recommended settings? Looks very good from what I've been playing... never played too much vanilla so I don't really have it much to compare to unfortunately. I have a 690GTX, what options should I be playing around with?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dem textures.

crysis_2b7ktn.png

Dem graphics.

crysis_154juf.png

bee

looks very nice indeed now and it's funny to be getting 120fps (at times) in a crysis game maxed out. managed to get further into this game than ever before, a whole 2.5hrs in without wanting to uninstall, will try and finish it and post some screens along the way

hope crysis 3 is MUCH better, crysis 2 ranks up there with yoshis story for biggest gaming disappointment ever

scitek

looks very nice indeed now and it's funny to be getting 120fps (at times) in a crysis game maxed out. managed to get further into this game than ever before, a whole 2.5hrs in without wanting to uninstall, will try and finish it and post some screens along the way

hope crysis 3 is MUCH better, crysis 2 ranks up there with yoshis story for biggest gaming disappointment ever

Crysis 2's gameplay improves as it goes along. It definitely starts out slow.

Just echoing the fact that it runs faster. I played it with 3D vision on sli 560s and remember the frames dropping noticeably as soon as you exit the building in that first level. It was much smoother with the mod. Looks amazing too. Great job Maldo!

IMACOMPUTA

Is this problem also on AMD cards?

Well I thought it was an AMD problem because I've had the same problem with crysis 1 and 2 on different computers (both AMD gpus) but I found out it is at least somewhat affected by your monitor, too.

On my monitor the game plays at 50hz. On my TV it plays at 60hz.
I read that the game defaults to the first listed mode that it receives from your monitor (or something to that effect).

It's fucking annoying.

I was also getting black bars on my monitor because CCC handles overscan on a per resolution/refresh rate basis. So I had to put my monitor into 50hz in windows and adjust it.

MaLDo

Well I thought it was an AMD problem because I've had the same problem with crysis 1 and 2 on different computers (both AMD gpus) but I found out it is at least somewhat affected by your monitor, too.

On my monitor the game plays at 50hz. On my TV it plays at 60hz.
I read that the game defaults to the first listed mode that it receives from your monitor (or something to that effect).

It's fucking annoying.

I was also getting black bars on my monitor because CCC handles overscan on a per resolution/refresh rate basis. So I had to put my monitor into 50hz in windows and adjust it.

You can create a new custom resolution similar to your monitor resolution. For example, 1920x1081 @ 60z. Select first full screen aspect ratio in gpu mode in your drivers. Then open game in window mode, select your new resolution and then alt+enter for fullscreen mode again.

IMACOMPUTA

You can create a new custom resolution similar to your monitor resolution. For example, 1920x1081 @ 60z. Select first full screen aspect ratio in gpu mode in your drivers. Then open game in window mode, select your new resolution and then alt+enter for fullscreen mode again.

I will try that.
Do you have any idea why I can't put the AA slider all the way up (fxaa+sweetfx mode) ? The game won't boot if I select that.

MaLDo

I will try that.
Do you have any idea why I can't put the AA slider all the way up (fxaa+sweetfx mode) ? The game won't boot if I select that.

I'm lost with amd drivers. You can search support for SweetFX + AMD.

If you have a CrossfireX, you must enable multigpu checkbox in mod config tool.

Spazznid

Question that's probably been answered already.

When I start up Maldo through the Maldo launcher, there is the normal way to start the game, then there is chapter select. In chapter select, there are regular level names and ones like Blah Blah Maldo 2, etc.

What do?

I barely know if I'm running the right stuff or not.

MaLDo

Question that's probably been answered already.

When I start up Maldo through the Maldo launcher, there is the normal way to start the game, then there is chapter select. In chapter select, there are regular level names and ones like Blah Blah Maldo 2, etc.

What do?

I barely know if I'm running the right stuff or not.

Sorry, this must be a miss. Don't use those maps.

Damian.

Banned
Ha, installed the game on Steam and wanted to activate it; Max activations reached. Fuck DRM.

Yeah, I had that happen with Crysis 2. I was on the phone for over an hour with tech support and they still could not resolve the issue or issue a new key. Had to use a no-cd patch. Pathetic of EA to not be able to help a paying customer and force them to resort to less than legal methods to play their purchased games.

Back on topic, I am having to deal with the 50hz bug unfortunately and am having problems with a custom resolution. I created one of 1919x1080. I tested it out on the desktop and it looked fine. When I select it in Crysis 2 I get the correct 60hz, but the image is very blurry, like my LCD is upscaling a 720p image or something. Any way I can get a close to full 1080p resolution without being blurry in Crysis 2?

Top Bottom