• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malo taking over Zelda's official Twitter to reveal info about Twilight Princess HD

I was hoping someone misspelled Mallow. Somehow.

Mallow.gif

Ahnez

Okay the info isn't from Malo, but from Famitsu.

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-sheds-light-on-zelda-twilight-princess-hds-amiibo-features/

The bonus dungeon is called Thorough Battle: Trial of the Beast.
Finishing the dungeon gives you a wallet of 9,999 rupees.
The Ganondorf amiibo makes you take 2x damage (so with Hero Mode that's 4x)

oops dp

Now thats nice

With that name, the dungeon is certainly a harder form of the cave of ordeals

Hope they put some bosses on the mix.

A simple boss rush mode without healing can be really hard, even with the easy TP bosses, I mean, Skyward Sword's boss rush mode is frustratingly hard on hero mode

mrmickfran

The Amazon description mentioned Hero Mode being switchable at will, so it'd be really damn weird if that turned out to be 100% wrong.

i don't think so. It seem like it gives you a scenario "well, if link and zelda give me hearts and arrows, what would ganon do? " *2x damage*. Since it only is scannable once per day, that means it's just a little joke, not the true hero mode or anything like that.
Okay that makes sense. Guess I overreacted.
I mean, Skyward Sword's boss rush mode is frustratingly hard on hero mode
Only because of that bullshit horde battle. I don't understand why they put that in and not Bilocyte.

Yukinari

Okay the info isn't from Malo, but from Famitsu.

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-sheds-light-on-zelda-twilight-princess-hds-amiibo-features/

oops dp

Why the holy hell do you need that much money in TP? Are they adding new ways to spend rupees? Hero mode will be trivialized by Magic Armor that never runs out.

Why the holy hell do you need that much money in TP? Are they adding new ways to spend rupees? Hero mode will be trivialized by Magic Armor that never runs out.

Maybe they should (by default) double the rupee drain rate for the Magic Armor, and add on the damage taken multiplier to make it drain even faster.

Revven

Because the game has an insane amount of ruppee chests in every single dungeon.

I'm curious what kind of challenge the new "dungeon" will have. Maybe it won't just be enemy changes (who you fight) but also possibly require you to actually use the Hidden Skills in the game? That'd be nice! Since, uh, you really only actually need one of them (the chest stab).

shiyrley

Banned
The hidden skills being optional is stupid. The battles could be MUCH more if the enemies were designed around those skills. Instead, it just makes the game easier if you have them, and the enemies are designed around just using the shield and pressing B. I could understand "some" of them being optional, but the way they did it is so incredibly stupid that I can't believe they didn't realise how wrong it was.

Completely read that as Mario and assumed it'd be an "Eggman takes over Sonic's account for a weekend" situation. (I did not play much TP.)

hawk2025

Hey, maybe Malo can tell us all about the fucking Gamestop exclusive preorder soundtrack, because why not, let's add exclusive preorder bonuses to full price remasters.

Yeah, I'm salty.

Out of all the flavors, I chose salty.

something on at least the level of Lord of the Rings or Pan's Labyrinth was what I was expecting and wanted.

Boy howdy! Would that ever be horrid!

Seriously, that's not Zelda, and it doesn't need to be Zelda. There are lots of games like that, and a Zelda game closer to that style than TP was would never get play from me.

People who dislike Tingle are objectively wrong

Damn straight.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Amiibo exclusive bonus dungeon confirmed. It's a good thing this was already my least favorite Zelda because fuck that noise. No buy.

A link to this would be greatly appreciated! All I've read so far is the loose translation of the Famitsu info that makes it seem like it might be another Cave of Ordeals-esque thing, and nothing has been said about whether it's exclusive to the amiibo or simply more easily unlocked with the amiibo. Any and all new info would make me happy.

“…it’s Malo. This is a rare article brought by the pops with mustache… (note: likely Aonuma) So according to this, this story is the era of victory of the Hero of Time. The Hero of Time? …I don’t know the details, but why is everyone wearing green clothes? …if they’re of the same brand. That’s gotta be really good product appeal.”

Go Nintendo posted a translation of "Malo's" post...clearly no new info after all...

Nanashrew

Banned
“…it’s Malo. This is a rare article brought by the pops with mustache… (note: likely Aonuma) So according to this, this story is the era of victory of the Hero of Time. The Hero of Time? …I don’t know the details, but why is everyone wearing green clothes? …if they’re of the same brand. That’s gotta be really good product appeal.”

Go Nintendo posted a translation of "Malo's" post...clearly no new info after all...

It will be like a lot of other things, we'll get new info here and there. Right now this seems like introductory stuff.

AgeEighty

I can't think of one good reason. In fact, I remember quite distinctly that I ran out of things to buy 2/3 of the way through the game, and had a full wallet from then until the end.

Jackano

IMO Malo is a terrible character. I remember genuinely feeling uncomfortable everytime he was in a cutscene or something.

I rather want them to give Tingle his real name after all those years. And a Tingle amiibo of course.

takriel

IMO Malo is a terrible character. I remember genuinely feeling uncomfortable everytime he was in a cutscene or something.

I rather want them to give Tingle his real name after all those years. And a Tingle amiibo of course.
Tingle amiibo will release alongside Zelda U, seeing how he's your companion in that game.

WadeitOut

I spent years loving tingle as a character only to one day go to a loz forum and realize a lot of other people hate him. And that a lot of other people are terrible. Because Tingle is the lifeforce that binds us.

Hermii

I can't think of one good reason. In fact, I remember quite distinctly that I ran out of things to buy 2/3 of the way through the game, and had a full wallet from then until the end.

Its really annoying to find a bunch of rupees when your wallet is full. Even if you can't spend it.

I wonder how long it will take to get actual new info, and how much.

I spent years loving tingle as a character only to one day go to a loz forum and realize a lot of other people hate him. And that a lot of other people are terrible. Because Tingle is the lifeforce that binds us.

It is sad isn't it? Tingle is amazing.

Really sounds to me like a Hero Mode version of the Cave of Ordeals, or a Cave of Ordeals with the dungeon bosses ... not sure if i force myself through something like that again.

That wallet does one thing, it makes the useless Magic Armor a little less useless ... although i'm curious when the player is able to access it. Because if you have to beat all regular dungeons first, then what's the point? Not like you need the armor for them.

But i can see the Amiibo unlocking the wallet and the Magic Armor in Zelda U.

Top Bottom