• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malo taking over Zelda's official Twitter to reveal info about Twilight Princess HD

Yrael

The fact that is not the full loop makes me angry.

tumblr_l6v9j1qCaE1qabmh9o1_400.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned
I hope the inclusion of the dungeon is a bit more natural in the world as opposed to like "You tapped the thing and are instantly teleported to this dungeon...."

I want it to open a door in a cool looking place in the world which I can enter. New geometry that makes you go "oh what's in here?"

Neiteio

Okay the info isn't from Malo, but from Famitsu.

The Ganondorf amiibo makes you take 2x damage (so with Hero Mode that's 4x)
That's seriously awesome. I mean, 4x difficulty should be an in-game feature and not gated behind an amiibo, but I'm just glad the option exists. Thinking about getting a Ganondorf amiibo now (which is exactly what they want, lol).

The 9,999-rupee wallet is kind of a lame reward for what sounds like Cave of Ordeals 2.0. I just wish there was something meaningful on which to spend rupees. Magic Armor is wholly unnecessary in a game that already is far too easy.

I said this in another thread, but Hero mode ≠ 2x damage. ALBW had a Hero Mode that dealt 4x damage. Plus, we're not even considering the possibility of Nintendo recalculated damage values for some enemies in the remaster. TP got really trivial when you have more than 10 hearts even at late game.

sonto340

I said this in another thread, but Hero mode ≠ 2x damage. ALBW had a Hero Mode that dealt 4x damage. Plus, we're not even considering the possibility of Nintendo recalculated damage values for some enemies in the remaster. TP got really trivial when you have more than 10 hearts even at late game.
But didn't hearts drop in ALBW? In WWHD/SS hero mode it's double damage and no hearts. I'd imagine they'd follow the console path of hero mode.

maxcriden

Nah man:

1) Fi
2) Navi
3) Kaepora Gaebora
4) Skyward Sword Beedle
5) Yuga

What the heck is the issue with Beedle or Yuga? Beedle's a pleasant fellow sleeping on an island...trying to make a living and helping you out in the process... And Yuga has the best boss theme since Ganondorf....

I don't think this was actually confirmed...

I don't know if we know that there's absolutely no way to get it without an amiibo, but it seems that is likely the case. The dungeon itslef is confirmed, though--post #250 quotes the pertinent post with this info. ☺

That's seriously awesome. I mean, 4x difficulty should be an in-game feature and not gated behind an amiibo, but I'm just glad the option exists. Thinking about getting a Ganondorf amiibo now (which is exactly what they want, lol).

The thing about the Ganondorf amiibo functionality is that we don't know how often you have to tap the thing to get the increased damage going again, or if it affects you in Hero Mode, and we do know that you can only tap tertiary amiibo figures once per day so...it's possible it's not going to work as seamlessly for a "mega" Hero Mode as some are hoping. You may want to wait for more info about how all that works before picking up the amiibo. ☺

BY2K

Membero Americo
The thing about the Ganondorf amiibo functionality is that we don't know how often you have to tap the thing to get the increased damage going again, or if it affects you in Hero Mode, and we do know that you can only tap tertiary amiibo figures once per day so...it's possible it's not going to work as seamlessly for a "mega" Hero Mode as some are hoping. You may want to wait for more info about how all that works before picking up the amiibo. ☺

I already have it so nyeh.

mrmickfran

What the heck is the issue with Beedle or Yuga? Beedle's a pleasant fellow sleeping on an island...trying to make a living and helping you out in the process... And Yuga has the best boss theme since Ganondorf....
That stupid cutscene that plays everytime I don't buy something. I got sick of it.

Yuga's kinda forgettable to me. That's one thing I'll give Skyward Sword is that Ghirahim was an awesome villain.

Lunar15

IMO Malo is a terrible character. I remember genuinely feeling uncomfortable everytime he was in a cutscene or something.

I rather want them to give Tingle his real name after all those years. And a Tingle amiibo of course.

That could go for most TP characters outside of Midna and the Yeti couple. I can see some appeal in Agitha, but she never clicked with me.

Ilia: Boring
Colin: Horrible
The other kids: Kind of annoying, but mainly meh. I don't even remember their names.
Resistance: Woefully under-utilized.

To be fair, SS wasn't a whole lot better outside of Groose.

peakish

That could go for most TP characters outside of Midna and the Yeti couple. I can see some appeal in Agitha, but she never clicked with me.

Ilia: Boring
Colin: Horrible
The other kids: Kind of annoying, but mainly meh. I don't even remember their names.
Resistance: Woefully under-utilized.

To be fair, SS wasn't a whole lot better outside of Groose.
But they showed up in that one cutscene by the end for four seconds!

Haha, no, I agree, characters weren't a strong point for TP. I like the game a lot (despite this and my previous comments in the thread), but in particular the resistance stuck out as worthless when I replayed it the last time.

Lunar15

The SS townspeople were good at least.

A step up from TP for sure. I also thought the Dragons were at least kind of interesting and the little robots from the desert had some cute/dark dialogue.

It helped that Zelda was more of a character in SS and Impa was pretty badass.
In both old and young versions

Nothing crazy, but at least it didn't feel awkward and kind of annoying like TP's characters.

maxcriden

According to the NintendoEverything article, I have to correct myself here:

Also, unlike other amiibo which can be only used once per day, it looks like Ganondorf can be scanned as many times as you like. This is partially speculation, but this might be because the effect has a time limit and wears off after awhile.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Come on, nobody translated yet the Famitsu article? The screenshots surely look pretty good.

Edit: ah, more details in the article linked above.

Mael

Judging by the name of the dungeon, I wonder if it's Wolf Link only. That would be one way to make that form useful again.

That would suck major balls.
Wolf link is pretty much not fun to use in battle and some foes are unkillable in that state.
It would make the dungeon harder that's for sure.
e:
According to the NintendoEverything article, I have to correct myself here:

Oh crap the dungeon is wolf link only and the theory for the number on amiibo thing makes no sense.

maxcriden

Come on, nobody translated yet the Famitsu article? The screenshots surely look pretty good.

Yes, there's a (partial?) translation:

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-on-amiibo-support-in-zelda-twilight-princess-hd/

Tons of amiibo info here.

Quoting part:

In this area, you cannot revert back to human, so you can’t use the sword, bow, shield or even any healing items, which means this is like a survival challenge. There are 40 basement floors, and when you clear the final floor while having the Giant Wallet, you’ll obtain the Bottomless Wallet. Each floor will have enemies that appear. Depending on the floor, there might be not only enemies, but some gimmicks as well such as tiles that spout lava. The lower you progress, the stronger the enemies will become. And finally about the Bottomless Wallet, the screenshot notes how you can use the Magic Armor for a much longer time with the Rupee limit increase.

Mato

I just realized, a tiny Malo sitting Link's shoulder would make for rather interesting side-kick companion. He could hang out in your pocket, or go sleep in a small bag on Epona.

maxcriden

First western info about the bonus dungeon via PR Nibel linked to in his thread:

When the physical version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD launches on March 4 at a suggested retail price of $59.99, it will include a beautiful Wolf Link amiibo figure based on the same character from the classic game. Purchasing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD and Wolf Link amiibo bundle will currently be the only way to get this amiibo figure. When tapped to the Wii U GamePad controller, this legendary lupine opens the Cave of Shadows, a challenging new bonus dungeon in the game. After completing the Cave of Shadows, players can save their remaining hearts to the Wolf Link amiibo, and then use those hearts inside the Cave of Shadows to replenish life energy. After conquering the cave, players can save a record of their remaining hearts to the Wolf Link amiibo and attempt to beat their score at any time.

balgajo

So, about the last tweet, Ilia update seems to be very good. Better than Link btw, they really need to work on his hair, even though there is no time left.

ilia_1__large.png

ilia1.jpg

maxcriden

Latest tweet:

“…It’s Malo. This is the battle mask worn by the Zora tribe… but there are more variations than I thought. Were they in bad terms against the Goron tribe in the past…? Many of them were used specifically for raids, but on the contrary I think they look more conspicuous…”

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-tweet-21516/

These Zora helmet designs are pretty interesting. Who knew there was ever any issue between Zoras and Gorons....

Protome

I just hope the wolf howling sections aren't as ear-bleedingly bad as in the original. They got so screechy and horrible in the higher pitch ranges that it made me hate doing them every single time.

TheMoon

Yeah, I was hoping someone with a copy had mentioned it. Oh well. :\

I'm going out on a limb and I'll just say yes because the difference is significant and only really noticeable in direct comparison with he original.

I checked the Midna in Distress sample from the CD and compared it against the game rip OST I had laying around. Night and day. It might even be redone with a better piano sample.

This is why I didn't give much credence to the gameplay videos so far in terms of audio. You have to hear it for yourself. WWHD had a similar effect where it was really hard to notice the updated music without a direct comparison.

edit: the version of Sacred Grove on the CD is also a special arrangement. Comparing Ilia's Theme from both sources shows that this one is just a better mix, though.

TheMoon

google translate-fu:

そして、こちらが付属のサウンドトラックCD「ゼルダの伝説 トワイライトプリンセス HD SOUND SELECTION」です。本作の中から、物語を盛り上げる曲を厳選し、全20曲を収録しました。音楽担当によると、今回のサントラ用に、空気感、迫力、キレなど、曲ごとの個性をより引き立てるようなマスタリングを行ったとのことです。

それぞれの曲の一部を、本ページにてご試聴いただけますので、ぜひ『トワプリ』の世界観に浸ってみてください。

And it is here that is supplied with the soundtrack CD, "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD SOUND SELECTION". Out of this work, carefully selected songs that enliven the story, we recorded all 20 songs. According to the music in charge, for this time of the soundtrack, air sense, powerful, such as sharp, is that of a was mastering, such as favor more the personality of each song.

A part of each song, so you can you listen in this page, please try to immerse yourself in the world of all means "Towapuri".

bing version:
And here is the accompanying soundtrack CD "Zelda legends Twilight Princess HD SOUND SELECTION". Recorded 20 songs, carefully selected songs enliven the story from the film. According to the music for this soundtrack for more individuality of each song, such as air, powerful, sharp is aimed at mastering as a complement of that.

This could possibly imply that the songs were specifically remastered for this CD-only. So back to square one.

BY2K

Membero Americo
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/c86f2beb-d535-11e5-adcb-063b7ac45a6d.html

preview all 20 tracks from the soundtrack CD

The wonders a proper clean stereo sound mix can do, without the burden of having to fit on a DVD with the game.

I'm hearing some different instruments from the original, especially Ordon Village and Midna's Theme. I wonder if it's new mixes for the game, but so far no preview made any mentioned of remastered music, so that seems unlikely.

EDIT: The Light Spirit song has new vocals, I think.

TheMoon

I'm hearing some different instruments from the original, especially Ordon Village and Midna's Theme. I wonder if it's new mixes for the game, but so far no preview made any mentioned of remastered music, so that seems unlikely.

Some of them are definitely identical aside from the superior mixing and mastering.

The instruments are always identical, too. You're not hearing different ones, you're possibly just confusing songs/versions. Specifically your two examples are exactly the same instruments. It's just a higher quality mix.

EDIT: The Light Spirit song has new vocals, I think.

No.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Some of them are definitely identical aside from the superior mixing and mastering.

The instruments are always identical, too. You're not hearing different ones, you're possibly just confusing songs/versions. Specifically your two examples are exactly the same instruments. It's just a higher quality mix.

No.

Well I want those in the game, damn it!

maxcriden

Why is that? Because they arent the original versions, or because the only way to get them is by pre ordering through gamestop?

Because it could mean the actual in-game versions haven't received this treatment.

Exactly. I'm always happy to hear a good remastered OST but (a) it's disappointing if it's only a partial OST that's been remastered and (b) it's much more of a bummer if none of the tracks are remastered in the actual game.

We won't know until it's out, though, because I wouldn't trust recorded gameplay footage or even reviewer comments about this. First hand experience has to answer this.

Two weeks tho :D That's soon!!

I played through the majority of this game on Wii, but then I got sidetracked near the end and didn't finish it. It's been a regret of mine, and I've wanted to pull out my Wii and continue on, but so much time has passed that I'd probably be lost.

So I'm glad this is coming out.

I checked HLTB and it says 40 hours, which is more than I was expecting or hoping for due to the amount of games I play, but I need to beat it this time.

I thought it was coming out later than it is.

Top Bottom